What's new

Syrian source : Bavar 373 air defense system has entered Syria

Fake news

Iran doesn’t have a cargo plane capable of carrying the Bavar .
1619426325233.png

here is Ilyushin Il-76 tanspoted S400 to Turkey and Syria
1619426624374.png

Last edited:
View attachment 737556

here is Ilyushin Il-76 tanspoted S400 to Turkey and Syria
View attachment 737558

Comparing the Russian Il-76 to Iranian version is absurd.

Iran has had 2 accidents related to Il-76 since 2000. One in 2003 and one in 2009.

Loading a ultra heavy missile defense system on IL-76 requires skill, one wrong move and the plane will crash. Go Google what happened to US military cargo plane that was transporting vehicles took off in Afghanistan. Went straight back down and exploded.

All civilian tracker software will show you Iran flight to Syria involving IL-76. Just Google and see show many times in last 3-6 months it has gone to Syria.

Seems not valid ...but:
With what air support? lack of air superiority would put a lot of pressure on any AD system ...
What would support & defend Bavar? with what AD? could we protect it?
Is Iran's airspace covered entirely that we now sending extras to Syria?
What is the goal? testing Bavar in battlefield to be used for future modifications or using it as operational system?

Seems not valid ...but:
With what air support? lack of air superiority would put a lot of pressure on any AD system ...
What would support & defend Bavar? with what AD? could we protect it?
Is Iran's airspace covered entirely that we now sending extras to Syria?
What is the goal? testing Bavar in battlefield to be used for future modifications or using it as operational system?

There isn’t enough Bavar to be deployed to Syria. This isn’t a F-110 missile you can just mass produce like it’s nothing. Bavar is very complex system that is still undergoing trials and deployed to protect the sovereignty of Iran.

We have already seen mass production videos of 3rd Khordad, but have yet to see mass production videos of Bavar. Even the recent exercise blurred the current state of the system. Also Bavar-373 gen 2 is under development.

To transport an entire battalion or number or batteries to Syria would be very difficult and would be prone to attack while unloading similar to other efforts to move air defense systems into T4 or Allepo.

And B-373 is not F-110 where if it’s destroyed you don’t really care since you can make more at low cost. It takes months to produce such a system and it’s expensive relative to a F-110 so it being destroyed would be a blow. Hence why I’m skeptical.

I sometime feel that Israel has a deal with Russia. Sell them systems that won't shoot down Israeli aircraft. Russia gets the money and isrral gets the target and muslims get killed. Everyone wins

I sometime feel that Israel has a deal with Russia. Sell them systems that won't shoot down Israeli aircraft. Russia gets the money and isrral gets the target and muslims get killed. Everyone wins
the funny part . we get the chips for our systems from russia

Comparing the Russian Il-76 to Iranian version is absurd.

Iran has had 2 accidents related to Il-76 since 2000. One in 2003 and one in 2009.

Loading a ultra heavy missile defense system on IL-76 requires skill, one wrong move
they use it quite reguly,
they even in use in exercises,

Father of all bombs the 10 Ton bomb

watch 10:00

so it shouldn't be big deal

There isn’t enough Bavar to be deployed to Syria. This isn’t a F-110 missile you can just mass produce like it’s nothing. Bavar is very complex system that is still undergoing trials and deployed to protect the sovereignty of Iran.

We have already seen mass production videos of 3rd Khordad, but have yet to see mass production videos of Bavar. Even the recent exercise blurred the current state of the system. Also Bavar-373 gen 2 is under development.

To transport an entire battalion or number or batteries to Syria would be very difficult and would be prone to attack while unloading similar to other efforts to move air defense systems into T4 or Allepo.

And B-373 is not F-110 where if it’s destroyed you don’t really care since you can make more at low cost. It takes months to produce such a system and it’s expensive relative to a F-110 so it being destroyed would be a blow. Hence why I’m skeptical.
As I said I dunno think it is valid .. an integrated AD System is made out of many layers that as whole could functions for purpose of defending air space while is supported & backed with air force ... you can not remove all layers + AF and expect it to work ... esp in an environment so hostile with presence of americans and israel ... best way to help Syria is finding a political solution which all Syrian could play a role in it ...

As I said I dunno think it is valid .. an integrated AD System is made out of many layers that as whole could functions for purpose of defending air space while is supported & backed with air force ... you can not remove all layers + AF and expect it to work ... esp in an environment so hostile with presence of americans and israel ... best way to help Syria is finding a political solution which all Syrian could play a role in it ...

Syria in 2009 had a more advanced air defense network than Iran did in 2009. But the civil war led to the destruction of many radars and AD systems and today it is basically a 3rd world country with some S-200/BUKs/and Pantsir. The S-300 is under the control of Russian officers which don’t allow its use against Israel so it’s useless.

Iran would never risk moving Bavar into Syria because the system is time consuming to produce and expensive and the threat of it being destroyed during transport and unloading is too high.

At best Iran might transfer RAAD or 3rd Khordad to Syria as well as point defense systems like Skyguard. Until the air is secure from air strikes, I wouldn’t expect more pricey sophisticated systems to be brought in.

This is a better proof for those who think they are not operational

It is pointless to even respond to that nonsense,Iran has dozen of different options to deploy bavar or any cargo,any medium lift can transport Bavar...from IL76, Iriaf boing,C-130..even An74...Many things are deployed in parts....Most important cargo goes hidden,in parts via differet routes,if there is need to something deploy fast with ability to go on alert upon delivery than they would deploy such system in segments,already prepared...It is question why do it such stupid thing,you dont expose your most potent hardware,no one knows much about it(that is its significant value)in place like Syria without having at least some number of Iranian regular troops there deployed. So ride is not issue,IRIAF is deploying whole S-300 unit when S.Leader travel around country..so..and I didnt even mention civilian cargo fleet IRGC regulary use to deliver what ever they want in Syria..so pleanty of choices..But Iran is probably still deploying Bavars to regional AD centers,so it is question how much they have them available..I am not saying it is not possible they didnt deploy any to Syria,just to me it doesnt seems likely....

It is pointless to even respond to that nonsense,Iran has dozen of different options to deploy bavar or any cargo,any medium lift can transport Bavar...from IL76, Iriaf boing,C-130..even An74...Many things are deployed in parts....Most important cargo goes hidden,in parts via differet routes,if there is need to something deploy fast with ability to go on alert upon delivery than they would deploy such system in segments,already prepared...It is question why do it such stupid thing,you dont expose your most potent hardware,no one knows much about it(that is its significant value)in place like Syria without having at least some number of Iranian regular troops there deployed. So ride is not issue,IRIAF is deploying whole S-300 unit when S.Leader travel around country..so..and I didnt even mention civilian cargo fleet IRGC regulary use to deliver what ever they want in Syria..so pleanty of choices..But Iran is probably still deploying Bavars to regional AD centers,so it is question how much they have them available..I am not saying it is not possible they didnt deploy any to Syria,just to me it doesnt seems likely....
It is very difficult as you say. Yes under peacetime situations their isn't limitations, but off loading these systems from airports in Syria will be noticed.
Even having one battalion of Bavar-373 isn't enough, you'd need medium range sams and shorads to support it in a layered network. This is alot of cargo to move around and it will be detected before deployment.

Syria needs potent short SHORAD that can deal effectively with Israeli stand off air to ground missiles first and foremost. It would make a lot more sense for Iran to deploy the 9th Dey and 3rd Khordad systems to Syria. considering the close proximities of israel and Lebanon to Syria I would venture that 15 Khordad is more than adequate for dealing with the long range threats without needing to deploy Bavar 373s.

It is very difficult as you say. Yes under peacetime situations their isn't limitations, but off loading these systems from airports in Syria will be noticed.
Even having one battalion of Bavar-373 isn't enough, you'd need medium range sams and shorads to support it in a layered network. This is alot of cargo to move around and it will be detected before deployment.

He's not saying it's difficult to transfer the Bavar-373 undetected into Syria: the system would be disassembled and moved around in many small sized parts, and through multiple routes at that, making detection and suppression difficult for the enemy. Therefore the issue is not the risk of them getting noticed and targeted before deployment, which would be rather improbable, but that it would be silly to expose one's most strategic AD asset, of which the enemy knows as good as nothing, in such a manner that the enemy could scrutinize it in greater detail. Bavar-373 is best kept inside Iran, so as not to offer the enemy a closer glimpse into its characteristics and therefore not to enable them to devise counters based on their observation.

However, given the levels of expertise achieved by Iranian engineers and industries in this realm (as well as in ballistic missiles and UAV's), what could be envisaged in cases where the op-sec of newly deployed strategic systems is of utmost priority, is to custom-design similar weapons for clients and allies, with comparable overall efficiency but with (very) different technical specifications.

- - - - - -

This is a better proof for those who think they are not operational

Impressive footage of the firefighting Il-76 flying low in that valley. Thanks for sharing, brother Yavar.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom