What's new

Syrian Civil War (Graphic Photos/Vid Not Allowed)

Rebels are advancing against ISIS in North Aleppo, again reaching Dudiyan. Turkey is giving artillery support, and F-15s have been spotted - some people are saying they bombed rebel held areas, others saying ISIS-held, hard to tell.
Meanwhile, Assad is getting screwed in Deir ez Zour. Wonder where those Shia militias who came to "fight ISIS" are right now. Oh yeah, in Latakia and Aleppo.

Rebels are advancing against ISIS in North Aleppo, again reaching Dudiyan. Turkey is giving artillery support, and F-15s have been spotted - some people are saying they bombed rebel held areas, others saying ISIS-held, hard to tell.
Meanwhile, Assad is getting screwed in Deir ez Zour. Wonder where those Shia militias who came to "fight ISIS" are right now. Oh yeah, in Latakia and Aleppo.

Would Turkey give artillery support to FSA if Assad attacks that place?

that thing is so squeaky

Hezbollah IED blows up an insurgent car. Looks like in southern Aleppo province.

Sunni Arabs are by far the most oblivious people in the region. When will they realize the West/Israel will never be on their side? Look at the Syrian opposition, still trying to win US attention by offering to go on offensive against ISIS...while getting nothing in return. Instead they get bombed by US in the process of weakening each other. Whichever moron is trying to lead Sunni Arabs is clearly the biggest idiot on the planet. The minion idiots who are in these little groups also are contributing to their and their peoples demise. Iran essentially taking over the region since the Sunni leaders find it more important to please foreign politicians even if it means their demise. And they are done. They lost Syria completely, they lost Iraq, Yemen, Bahrain, Lebanon and whatever else is left. The only Sunni player in the region is ISIS. The rest don't give a shit or just are that incompetent. So enjoy your 2016....

This is an political analysis, and I predict Syrian opposition will collapse or lose importance this year. ISIS will try to put up a fight but will lose more territory in Iraq. Probably Iran will start up Bahrain front soon and then into Saudi Arabia. The Sunni Arab leadership(Sisi, UAE, King Abdullah, etc...) and their supporters like @Frogman @Ahmed Jo should be very proud for their abysmal performance.

And nah bro's, I'm not telling you to support Islamists. I'm telling you to show us this so called 'Arab alliance' and its greatness. It won't be long before Saudi Arabia becomes Iranian province. Iraq is already one, Syria was surrendered to be one in the truce/nuclear deal and Riyadh conference. I want your honest opinion on the performance of these leaders.

Sunni Arabs are by far the most oblivious people in the region. When will they realize the West/Israel will never be on their side? Look at the Syrian opposition, still trying to win US attention by offering to go on offensive against ISIS...while getting nothing in return. Instead they get bombed by US in the process of weakening each other. Whichever moron is trying to lead Sunni Arabs is clearly the biggest idiot on the planet. The minion idiots who are in these little groups also are contributing to their and their peoples demise. Iran essentially taking over the region since the Sunni leaders find it more important to please foreign politicians even if it means their demise. And they are done. They lost Syria completely, they lost Iraq, Yemen, Bahrain, Lebanon and whatever else is left. The only Sunni player in the region is ISIS. The rest don't give a shit or just are that incompetent. So enjoy your 2016....

This is an political analysis, and I predict Syrian opposition will collapse or lose importance this year. ISIS will try to put up a fight but will lose more territory in Iraq. Probably Iran will start up Bahrain front soon and then into Saudi Arabia. The Sunni Arab leadership(Sisi, UAE, King Abdullah, etc...) and their supporters like @Frogman @Ahmed Jo should be very proud for their abysmal performance.

And nah bro's, I'm not telling you to support Islamists. I'm telling you to show us this so called 'Arab alliance' and its greatness. It won't be long before Saudi Arabia becomes Iranian province. Iraq is already one, Syria was surrendered to be one in the truce/nuclear deal and Riyadh conference. I want your honest opinion on the performance of these leaders.
The offensive against ISIS is focused on widening the Azaz corridor. They can't attack YPG/JaT and they know they'll get Turkish artillery support if they attack ISIS. The second objective is to also possibly reach Jarablus (priority) & Manbij, and Al Bab (not as high on the list) before YPG/Assad do. If they can succeed, they'll gain more fighters, more territory, and more importantly, a permanent supply route. That prevents YPG from linking Afrin and their much larger land in the Northeast.
Last time I checked, Ahrar al Sham, etc, aren't idiots. They know exactly what they're doing. They're doing their best when they're getting bombed by the 2nd strongest nation on earth along with hordes of shiites in support of a dictator who long overstayed his illegitimate term.

I agree, Arab leaders have had a really bad showing. However, they can't do much themselves, as they're limited by the US of A and whatever the president decides to do. I like Obama's domestic policy, but his foreign policy is absolute crap. The reason they're on a US leash is because they rely on the US for protection and equipment. Lately, they have been making their own weapons (UAE, Jordan) but it seems like only to protect their thrones, not their people.

The offensive against ISIS is focused on widening the Azaz corridor. They can't attack YPG/JaT and they know they'll get Turkish artillery support if they attack ISIS. The second objective is to also possibly reach Jarablus (priority) & Manbij, and Al Bab (not as high on the list) before YPG/Assad do. If they can succeed, they'll gain more fighters, more territory, and more importantly, a permanent supply route. That prevents YPG from linking Afrin and their much larger land in the Northeast.
Last time I checked, Ahrar al Sham, etc, aren't idiots. They know exactly what they're doing. They're doing their best when they're getting bombed by the 2nd strongest nation on earth along with hordes of shiites in support of a dictator who long overstayed his illegitimate term.

I agree, Arab leaders have had a really bad showing. However, they can't do much themselves, as they're limited by the US of A and whatever the president decides to do. I like Obama's domestic policy, but his foreign policy is absolute crap. The reason they're on a US leash is because they rely on the US for protection and equipment. Lately, they have been making their own weapons (UAE, Jordan) but it seems like only to protect their thrones, not their people.

I don't believe you understand what the world seeks out of you. The focus on ISIS is to direct attention from the 'revolution' or main focus. They want you to forget your goals or delay them at least for 10 years from now. Whether it upsets you or not, somebody in the opposition is being used as a pawn. They're no different from Arab nations and will just take action from whomever sponsors them, even if its Turkey, Saudi Arabia or US. It is basically a controlled effort. Once you have a controlled cause, then forget it, your people aren't getting nowhere except where the sponsors want them to. ISIS itself is collapsing in Iraq. If the opposition in Syria's main goal is offensive on ISIS over this year, then at one point once Iraq succeeds, more militias will be sent your nations way. You are being setup, eventually Kurds/regime will be most two powerful forces in Syria and your cause would be over. This why its important for the opposition to lay forward an initiative which they all agree to achieve. You also need to figure out something with ISIS, convince their members to join your side or convince them to total surrender. A conflict with them will just bog you down for another 5-10 years. So if you're willing to view things in that matter than it will always be. For the next hundred years, as people are content and listening to Arab nations or being held against their will. It's not a good idea.

You don't have to be an idiot, they will still play you how they want. Arab leaders are also smart, they're corrupt and have very different visions than people in Syria. Simply put, UAE and Jordan will never act on your behalf. Because they don't care about your people. They just see the whole thing as a way to bog Iran down so they can have upper hand on the negotiating table. Now that nuclear deal business is over. So the opposition will just be have regulated control of some territory until they're deemed important for something again. And I agree with you, some leaders of opposition can't see this. Because it is indeed sneaky, dirty game. However they need to learn from people who experienced the same thing in the past. I'm just trying to be as honest as I can with you. We Palestinians clearly didn't learn from our mistakes as we have people who heavily support the PA and Abbas. If you want to go through decades of misery then sure go ahead with what you're doing now.

I hate many things about ISIS, they're very literalist, brutal and dangerous. However one quality in them that most people see as a strong side, is their political approach. They pretty much looked at AQ/Taliban/MB experiences all around Asia/ME. And for them there can't be no negotiation with any government let alone doing any bidding for any foreign nations. This is why they're more successful than most non-state groups. They are very consistent in their agenda and tell the people clearly what to expect from them. Which is to keep fighting until the 'Caliphate' is established. So military intervention was needed to stop this, because the way they politically shun all other players in the game is effective.

Now imagine if a moderate movement(like Syrian opposition mainstream) which has many more supporters adopted this consistent political approach? There wouldn't be a need for ISIS or AQ in Syria and they would be much more effective under one banner. Instead, everyone has different agenda and some groups are willing to do others bidding. Arab nations don't care anymore. Most Arab people don't care either, whether about Syria or Palestine. None of them seek trouble or political unrest. So you are on your own, already it seems Syrian opposition is putting much reliance on foreign nations. Some of these fronts are waiting for orders from men in Jordan to go on offensive.

So basically with the priorities of the opposition/Arab world and others right now, pretty much say bye to your cause. Don't waste your time with it, just check on your family once in a while. It seems like people just don't learn and willing to let the same thing repeat itself. Ultimately blame lies on opposition leadership which is allowing it to be this way. The only guy who isn't is the Golani guy leading the Nusra Front. But of course his party is controversial for being AQ affiliate so nobody will listen to him. Politically, he has very good understanding of the game being played but is powerless to influence it by much.

Anyway I don't care what Arabs want, just giving my two cents. I still don't get what brought up Azaz offensive. My post emphasized iran's growing influence in the region, not the offensive on ISIS. Like I said, give it till 2020, probably two more countries will become Iranian provinces. Because the terrible leadership in the Arab world. Iran on other hand has consistent policy which works very well and easily. That's because they are familiar with what the Arab leadership prioritize.

Its ISIS who attacks rebels not vice versa. In summer 2015 while rebels were fighting Assadists in Idlib, ISIS attacked rebels in North Aleppo, capturing Soran and many other villages and almost capturing Mar'a.

Then in October 2015 when rebel were busy repelling massive Shiite attacks in Hama, South Aleppo, Latakia, ISIS again attaked rebels in North Aleppo, capturing Infantry School and vilages around it. Then again they attacked capturing Kafrah and Albel.

Its ISIS who attacks rebels not vice versa. In summer 2015 while rebels were fighting Assadists in Idlib, ISIS attacked rebels in North Aleppo, capturing Soran and many other villages and almost capturing Mar'a.

Then in October 2015 when rebel were busy repelling massive Shiite attacks in Hama, South Aleppo, Latakia, ISIS again attaked rebels in North Aleppo, capturing Infantry School and vilages around it. Then again they attacked capturing Kafrah and Albel.

I'm not into conspiracies that the regime enables ISIS or is cooperating with them to halt rebel offensives. My overall point is that the supposed 'Arab strategy' or 'camp' is very flawed, non functional and would even say non-exisistent. They might as well give up. I always hear from Arab nations that they will this and that....

Latest news on Deir Ezzor:

hoodhMz ‏@hoodhMz43 18m18 minutes ago
#Breaking Islamic State forces gain control over Sa'iqah Camp and the rocket battalion in the surroundings of 137th Brigade in #DeirEzzor.

Hassan Ridha ‏@sayed_ridha 1m1 minute ago
#RuAF re-enter the battle in #DeirEzzor

The Sunni Arab leadership(Sisi, UAE, King Abdullah, etc...) and their supporters like @Frogman @Ahmed Jo should be very proud for their abysmal performance
Don't know what you want to hear. Of course, Jordanians are proud of their leadership and their country's stabilizing role in the region. Even when it comes to supporting Syrians, we've provided a safe place for over a million of them and the Southern Front is allowed to operate and organize from Jordan and use its connections for weapons and such. They would be at a tremendous disadvantage without this. So I don't know how you say we "don't care."
Any grievances you have with the MOC should be directed at the US.

I like Obama's domestic policy, but his foreign policy is absolute crap.
Spot on. I am the exact same.

I hate many things about ISIS, they're very literalist, brutal and dangerous. However one quality in them that most people see as a strong side, is their political approach. They pretty much looked at AQ/Taliban/MB experiences all around Asia/ME. And for them there can't be no negotiation with any government let alone doing any bidding for any foreign nations. This is why they're more successful than most non-state groups. They are very consistent in their agenda and tell the people clearly what to expect from them. Which is to keep fighting until the 'Caliphate' is established. So military intervention was needed to stop this, because the way they politically shun all other players in the game is effective.
They're really not the effective or cunning, they're just opportunists. They take advantage of weak people and make it seem like huge victories. They are weak themselves however, and they're only being tolerated by world powers for now because there would be a power vacuum after their defeat and they spring right back up. No foreign party wants to occupy large swaths of Syria because it would too costly. The Syrian faction(s) that are left after the civil war will take on and defeat daesh. As for Iraq, it will continue as a failed state for decades and daesh will remain there in one form or another.

Don't know what you want to hear. Of course, Jordanians are proud of their leadership and their country's stabilizing role in the region. Even when it comes to supporting Syrians, we've provided a safe place for over a million of them and the Southern Front is allowed to operate and organize from Jordan and use its connections for weapons and such. They would be at a tremendous disadvantage without this. So I don't know how you say we "don't care."
Any grievances you have with the MOC should be directed at the US.

I'm referring to the supposed 'Arab axis' which you guys tease us with. It seems to be non-exisistent. It's embarrassing to be an Arab right now. No one in the Arab world has an motivation to rise. We only have motivation to bog our selves down and limit our potential. Because of this, we have Arabs only identifying with their nation of origin. If Arabs don't have much in common, what is the Arab league, Arab nationalism, Arab sovereignty thing about? There doesn't seem to be any progress in the Arab world, just the same old traditional mentality. The main two objectives of the Arab people currently is to bash Iran publicly and secondly to crack down on any political dissent. This is literally what we exist for, which should embarrass you. Some of you guys claim to be seculars but won't even advocate a proper secular, united Arab world. These 'governments' you support aren't secular nor productive. They're just anti-productive/free Arabs.

Spot on. I am the exact same.

Why so? Because he didn't start war for your sake? When will you guys learn to be independent? Arabs can be very effective, they lack the will. Believe it or not, Arab nations probably warned US against Syrian intervention because they feared MB would get power in Syria if Assad fell. So don't blame, blame the low lives governing.

They're really not the effective or cunning, they're just opportunists. They take advantage of weak people and make it seem like huge victories. They are weak themselves however, and they're only being tolerated by world powers for now because there would be a power vacuum after their defeat and they spring right back up. No foreign party wants to occupy large swaths of Syria because it would too costly. The Syrian faction(s) that are left after the civil war will take on and defeat daesh. As for Iraq, it will continue as a failed state for decades and daesh will remain there in one form or another.

I know that they are weak, so are the Syrian factions. You're making assumptions that the Syrian factions will survive the war. They won't, Kurds and regime will be two main dominant forces in Syria once this war is nearing an end. We can already see it heading this way.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom