What's new

Syrian Civil War (Graphic Photos/Vid Not Allowed)

Sisters-in-Arms: Syrian Women Fight Daesh to 'Take Back Their Homeland'

1033142489.jpg

Ordinary citizens of Syria are combatting Daesh terrorists who have been waging war in the country for the last five years. The citizens have taken up arms to defend their country and drive terrorists away. Syrian women are actively joining battalions and fighting side by side with men.

A Sputnik correspondent met with these women and spoke to them in an exclusive interview, taking a peak into their lives and hearing why they have taken up the fight against the terrorists.

Silviya Kuri, a 40 year old entrepreneur, left her job to join the battalion of the national militia fighting in the province of Hasaka against Daesh.

Talking about what pushed her to join, Silviya said, “Great love for my people pushed me to leave my small children at my parents so that I can stand on par with the men of my province and defend our homeland.”

Terrorists in Syria have been waging war for over 5 years and have demonstrated no mercy for children, women or the elderly. “The terrorists are concerned with two things only- who to rape and kill and what to destroy and steal? Hence, I decided to learn how to handle weapons,” Silviya explained.

“I pray to God for the return of peace to our country. I really miss my children and I feel physical pain because of it. My dream is that my children can grow up in a country where there is peace, love, friendship and where there is no place for terrorism,” she said.

Sakhar Bahnia, 26 years old, told Sputnik, that her husband was killed by terrorists because he occupied a public office in the City Hall. After that, she made up her mind to join the women's battalion of the defense force.

“Homeland is priceless. When a person loses something, or someone, one can make up for this loss. But the loss of one's entire country cannot be made up,” Sakhar said.

“Therefore, I support all the girls who take up arms to take back their homeland. Syria is where we were born and grew up and Syria is where we will stay at war against terrorism.”

1033151550.jpg

Syrian female fighter

Another female fighter is Rania Butrus who is just 19 years of age. She had to experience some difficulties before becoming part of the people's militia forces of the country. Her husband was initially against letting his young wife head off to fight against Daesh, but after much persuasion from Rania, he agreed.

“Yes, it's hard. But love for the motherland helps forget all the difficulties and heaviness of the weapons. Despite the constant smell of blood and death threats, we do not stop smiling,” Rania told Sputnik.

1033151755.jpg

Syrian female fighter

30-year-old Shiru, who is fighting as part of the Kurdish self-defense group talked about the training of the battalion and the early morning exercises.

“Before letting them join the ranks of self-defense, we carefully subject candidates to training, military exercises and even theoretical teaching which takes place every day in the morning. Our goal is physical training and practicing control of light and heavy weapons. Our women troops are not only fighting in Ayn al-Arab (Kobani) but on all fronts, located on the Syrian-Turkish border,” Shiru concluded.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20160114/1033151159/syria-women-battle-terrorists.html#ixzz3xFM7YvoY

This little ISIS bastard says goodbye to his bastard father before blowing himself up in a truck. Reports that truck was destroyed before even reaching target so his sacrifice was as valuable as trash.

It's true that these kids are indoctrinated by ISIS and that they have been innocent, but they will never be normal kids again, hence they should be obliterated wherever they are found. Better send them underground rather raising a monster.

CYtE8gzWMAAMQSL.jpg

CYtE8npWsAAMoOq.jpg

CYtE8eoWwAA3G5I.jpg

This little ISIS bastard says goodbye to his bastard father before blowing himself up in a truck. Reports that truck was destroyed before even reaching target so his sacrifice was as valuable as trash.

It's true that these kids are indoctrinated by ISIS and that they have been innocent, but they will never be normal kids again, hence they should be obliterated wherever they are found. Better send them underground rather raising a monster.

CYtE8gzWMAAMQSL.jpg

CYtE8npWsAAMoOq.jpg

CYtE8eoWwAA3G5I.jpg

Sadly, there are probably hundreds of millions of people in the Muslim world who think and believe exactly like ISIS. Let's not fool ourselves; Muslims are stuck in the middle age mentality. Maybe after a hundred years or God forbid (few centuries) of total carnage and destruction they will come to realize that only enlightened secularism will save them as the Europeans have also painfully learned after so many religious wars, death and destruction. Muslims need more suffering, much more pain and suffering, to maybe come to their senses.. we won't live to see it though, it will take a long time I'm afraid.

Last edited:
Sadly, there are probably hundreds of millions of people in the Muslim world who think and believe exactly like ISIS. Let's not fool ourselves; Muslims are stuck in the middle age mentality. Maybe after a hundred years or God forbid (few centuries) of total carnage and destruction they will come to realize that only enlightened secularism will save them as the Europeans have also painfully learned after so many religious wars, death and destruction. Muslims need more suffering, much much more, to maybe come to their senses.. we won't live to see it though, it will take a long time.

I can't remember the source, but I read somewhere that in a poll conducted in some Muslim nations, it was shown that only 10% of Sunni Muslims either support ISIS or are sympathetic towards it.

That's pretty reassuring, you know, only like... 120 million potential ISIS supporters. It's nothing, is it? :angel:

And then you wonder, how on earth ISIS manages to use suicide bombers on a daily basis and they never seem to have a shortage of them. Not even talking about its ground troops. The group has lost nearly 30,000 in both Iraq and Syria and it's frightening when you look at it closer.

Muslim nations should get their shit together and stop raising potential ISIS members in their societies. They are breeding like rabbits everywhere. It's mainly coming from backwardness and illiteracy, but a good portion also comes from those devil 'scholars' who preach nothing but hate in religious schools.

Sadly, there are probably hundreds of millions of people in the Muslim world who think and believe exactly like ISIS. Let's not fool ourselves; Muslims are stuck in the middle age mentality. Maybe after a hundred years or God forbid (few centuries) of total carnage and destruction they will come to realize that only enlightened secularism will save them as the Europeans have also painfully learned after so many religious wars, death and destruction. Muslims need more suffering, much more pain and suffering, to maybe come to their senses.. we won't live to see it though, it will take a long time I'm afraid.

And you're secular? Since when? You are pro-Shia yet make comments that give impression you're agnostic/atheist. If you truly want secularism then help promote, don't promote one religious group.

As for serpentine, your comments are uncalled for. Poor kid was exploited like all other child soldiers around the world. This is what conflict does. I don't care how much faith a Westerner has, they won't kill themselves. Because they're not desperate. That is act of desperate plus some brainwashing. Again if you truly believe in secular society then you need to work for that and not something else. Secular and just btw.

That's pretty reassuring, you know, only like... 120 million potential ISIS supporters. It's nothing, is it? :angel:

LOL, very reassuring. According to a recent poll in Turkey, that enlightened(!) Muslim country, about 28% said they either supported Isis or had "no opinion" (which means they are potential candidates), if I remember correctly.

And you're secular? Since when? You are pro-Shia yet make comments that give impression you're agnostic/atheist. If you truly want secularism then help promote, don't promote one religious group.

As for serpentine, your comments are uncalled for. Poor kid was exploited like all other child soldiers around the world. This is what conflict does. I don't care how much faith a Westerner has, they won't kill themselves. Because they're not desperate. That is act of desperate plus some brainwashing. Again if you truly believe in secular society then you need to work for that and not something else. Secular and just btw.

I hate shias and sunnis alike, most of them are fanatical medieval-minded idiots (and I hate most Christians and Jews as well because they aren't that different). However, I support Iran's foreign policy and anti-American stance, why can't you understand the difference? Believe me, I hate Iran's idiotic mullahs as much as I hate your Sunni clerics. I have absolutely nothing in common with either the Shia or Sunni ideology/religions. Both are Satanic,evil and a threat to humanity as a whole - including Muslims.

Last edited:
I hate shias and sunnis alike. i support Iran's foreign policy, why can't you understand the difference? I hae Iran's Mullahs asmuch as I hate your Sunni clerics.

Even if you're atheist, you still have strong bias against Sunni's which you were born with. I'm not religious any longer, however I don't hold bias like you do which seems to be culturally obtained. It would be better if you didn't support anyones foreign policy as none of them are helpful. You are naive if you believe Iran's foreign policy is a just one or that its nations seeks justice around the world. I'm not convinced that you genuinely believe that. But probably were born Shia and have attachment to other Shia people. I would get rid of that attachment, don't encourage more strife and be positive towards everyone.

Otherwise if people have this mentality that they are morally superior or have the right ideology for stable society than the problems aren't going nowhere.

I can't remember the source, but I read somewhere that in a poll conducted in some Muslim nations, it was shown that only 10% of Sunni Muslims either support ISIS or are sympathetic towards it.

And then you wonder, how on earth ISIS manages to use suicide bombers on a daily basis and they never seem to have a shortage of them. Not even talking about its ground troops. The group has lost nearly 30,000 in both Iraq and Syria and it's frightening when you look at it closer.

Muslim nations should get their shit together and stop raising potential ISIS members in their societies. They are breeding like rabbits everywhere. It's mainly coming from backwardness and illiteracy, but a good portion also comes from those devil 'scholars' who preach nothing but hate in religious schools.

A little off-topic on my part but still relevant in my opinion in regards to the prevailing situation.

I reckon that a certain "segment" has become completely irrelevant and invalid due to a) absence of leadership (not talking about political leadership), b) absence/ban on philosophy and c) shunning progress via closing down the gates of "reasoning".

When you've these three vital elements missing within a "framework" what you get are these confused reactionaries. Complete force of destruction and anarchy, i.e. ISIS, Taliban etc. The breeding ground will continue to exist.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom