What's new

Syrian Civil War (Graphic Photos/Vid Not Allowed)

Well they have done a good job ignoring it thus far, and such they will continue till it is stop being mentioned.

Shias think they get closer to god by killing sunnis " nawasib and wahabese " , its part of their belief system . Ofcourse they will ignore the killing of the descendants of those who killed Ali and Hussain .

Shias think they get closer to god by killing sunnis " nawasib and wahabese " , its part of their belief system . Ofcourse they will ignore the killing of the descendants of those who killed Ali and Hussain .
That what they think that they are killing the descendant's. But their knowledge and grip of history is simply as pathetic as their logic and understanding of other things.

Golan heights occupied since 1967 but otherwise it seems on point. 2013 was a hopeful and promising year but in the end you can see the daesh cancer beginning to grow and what followed was a very dark year. Now here we are in 2015, so far not very good at all but at least better than 2014, no? We'll see how it ends..

I'm curious what your broad reading of the Syrian situation is in a few different dimensions: current momentum on the ground, Assad's ability to survive, foreign support for him and, more specifically, how you see Israeli dealings with a post-Assad Syria and a new Middle East where Arabs (especially in Levant and Gulf) are starting to see Iran as their principal geopolitical foe.

I know the discussion will be hijacked by trolls here, but am interested in your perspective.
Here what we can tell:

1) Assad will keep getting massive and consistent aid from Iran, Russia, Hezbollah no matter what. And most probably this aid will even grow.
2) West is not going to strike Assad or make NFZ, no matter what he is doing to his people (although he already did all crimes possible).
3) Aid to rebels well continue to be small and not consistent.
4) US will continue to bomb IS.
5) Assad and Hezbollah will ethnically cleanse border area with Lebanon.

Weak points:
1) Assad positions are vulnerable in Daraa, Deir Ez Zor. In longer term in Hasaka (where they are totally at Kurds mercy), Aleppo and Hama (where is a big "sleeping" Sunni population).
2) Rebel weak points are encircled Ghouta and Rastal-Houla-Talbise triangle.
3) IS is weak point. I dont think they will last for very long.

Now to prediction. I see two options for Syria:
1) Lebanese style coalition government while each party has own militia and territory.
2) Syria splits to parts Yugoslavia style.

In 2011-2012 there was a good chance for united Sunni ruled Syria as it was before Assads. But thanks to massive support of Iran/Russia and impotence of rebel supporters we remained with Lebanese/Yugoslavian options.

It shows green areas in Idlib, Daraa, Damascus already in summer 2011. In fact first town ever captured by rebels was Rastan in jan 2012.

First Daraa towns were taken by rebels only in the end of 2012: Tafas and Tasil.

Rebels are actually in Fua'a, they are attacking it from Binnish which is right next door. JMWA are not attacking Fua'a, only IF and JaN are.
3 JaF fighters were killed, while 10 regime soldiers were killed. JaF sources said nothing about destroyed tanks, and they don't lie about their losses, unlike regime.
As if the regime does anything different than shooting unguided rockets...except those rockets usually have a much larger payload and more shrapnel. IRAMs.
Currently the fighting occurs at Suwaghiya 4 km north eat to Fua.

you really want the people to believe your propaganda but i don't expect caveman who believe that his mountain apes terrorists killed 200 or 2000 revolutionary guards in month and captured 10000 others to understand

dude you're an Arab who has profile pictures of himself sideways togheter with Cyrus. You're a joke m8. Oh and if so then Cyrus was half a mountain ape.

They must have buttfucked you very badly in cavemen land. Why did you even go there in the first place? Why didn't you just stay in your rotten Iraq? Why come to Kurdistan? You know very well who is considered to be an ape over there and who is not. But thing is Kurds are the good ones, you go and see how Iranians considers you. Imagine some shahist seeing your face along him.

Last edited:
Here what we can tell:

1) Assad will keep getting massive and consistent aid from Iran, Russia, Hezbollah no matter what. And most probably this aid will even grow.
2) West is not going to strike Assad or make NFZ, no matter what he is doing to his people (although he already did all crimes possible).
4) US will continue to bomb IS.
5) Assad and Hezbollah will ethnically cleanse border area with Lebanon.

Weak points:
1) Assad positions are vulnerable in Daraa, Deir Ez Zor. In longer term in Hasaka (where they are totally at Kurds mercy), Aleppo and Hama (where is a big "sleeping" Sunni population).
2) Rebel weak points are encircled Ghouta and Rastal-Houla-Talbise triangle.
3) IS is weak point. I dont think they will last for very long.

1) Lebanese style coalition government while each party has own militia and territory.

In 2011-2012 there was a good chance for united Sunni ruled Syria as it was before Assads. But thanks to massive support of Iran/Russia and impotence of rebel supporters we remained with Lebanese/Yugoslavian options

I agree that foreign support for Assad will continue and probably increase. I also cannot see any form of Western-led intervention in Syria, particularly in what remains of the Obama Administration's tenure.

However, I think attrition is genuinely hollowing out Assad's capability and that whatever foreign support he receives cannot compensate for the sheer lack of personnel and fatigue of the Alawites. Afghan mercenaries have proven largely ineffectual and Hezbollah, despite its indisputable fighting prowess and investment in carving out an area at Lebanon's border, cannot carry the regime's fighting burden for another half decade or so. There seems to be an inevitability about Assad running out of cannon fodder, and I can't see Israel or the Gulf States standing still if Iran mobilises en masse and sends tens of thousands of its troops into Syria.

On the flipside, the opposition retains an overwhelming demographic majority. Its weaknesses are/were lack of organisation and ideological cohesion, which I think has in part been overcome by the formation of Jaysh al-Fath and the comprehensive rejection of ISIS by all factions. On the other hand, I think their support has been lacking, but that Turkish-Saudi rapproachment has opened up a few doors and that both countries seem increasingly willing to throw their weight around in the region. Iran, on the other hand, seems to be on a 'good behaviour' bond and is showing signs of wanting to talk.

In my opinion, the most likely scenario is an Alawite retreat to Tartous and Latakia, with a rebel takeover of Aleppo, Deraa and Hamah. Up for grabs would be Homs and Damascus, which the Sunni demographic majority will eventually win after protracted battles. I just can't see Assad eventually winning.

In my opinion, the most likely scenario is an Alawite retreat to Tartous and Latakia, with a rebel takeover of Aleppo, Deraa and Hamah. Up for grabs would be Homs and Damascus, which the Sunni demographic majority will eventually win after protracted battles. I just can't see Assad eventually winning.
I did not say Assad is winig. I said we will get either Lebanon or Yugoslavia scenarios in the end. As for demography u should concider that there is a major shift: half Syrian population became refugees, either external or internal. Western Homs (including the city) and Qalamun are already cleansed. East Damascus soon will be cleansed too. In Ghouta less than quarter or pre war population remained. With barrel bombs at current level in couple years no civilians will remain in Ghouta at all. Ethnic cleansing of Damascus complete.

dude you're an Arab who has profile pictures of himself sideways togheter with Cyrus. You're a joke m8. Oh and if so then Cyrus was half a mountain ape.

They must have buttfucked you very badly in cavemen land. Why did you even go there in the first place? Why didn't you just stay in your rotten Iraq? Why come to Kurdistan? You know very well who is considered to be an ape over there and who is not. But thing is Kurds are the good ones, you go and see how Iranians considers you. Imagine some shahist seeing your face along him.
Like I said your words show what kind of filthy people you are your kind only use insults in debate because that what's they can do best

Cyrus have nothing to do with you apes your people hated him than claim him as Kurd

There is no such thing as Kurdistan in Iraq its only in your native Afghanistan and Central Asia there you can find your filthy Kurdistan

Northern Iraq as Assyrian Akkadian and have no thing to do with you or your useless short history if you have any history

Don't you think the new Saudi regime is much more offensive and determinant to face Iranian influence in Syria? After king Salman coronation, we have been seeing vast gains for the rebels in Aleppo, Idlib, Qunaitera and Daraa which indicates a major shift in their support.

What about Assad forces collapse and Sinni forces clean up what's left of them and establish united Syria with the help of Turkey, the GCC and Jordan?

For those who say Western Media is "biased against Assad," you'd think a massacre which killed 104+ people would be on front page news. Guess what, it's not.

Assad was literally given green light to massacre people. Haven't heard a single thing from any major world powers (US, UK, France, Russia, China.) In fact, Russia delivered 6 jets for Assad. MiG-31s. While they are interceptors, SyAAF was still crazy enough to use MiG-25 in the bomber role for a while.

Still waiting for a justification of the Douma massacre by Assadists.

For those who say Western Media is "biased against Assad," you'd think a massacre which killed 104+ people would be on front page news. Guess what, it's not.
in France, it was the only news about Syria since a very long time ago in the main tv channel France 2 (news)
they give no news about massacres in Yemen by saudis and no news about massacres of people in Iraq by IS
indeed "western news" is a stupid term. western countries are very different each other.
France having saudis as important client so they delete any news bad about KSA. but they focus bad about Assad and never say bad about even the fanatics of IF or AQ. even the foreign affairs said once that Al Nusra is a good rebel group against Assad.

Trouble in Assad's Alawite heartland as bombs hit Latakia and anti-government protests break out - Telegraph
IF is taking revenge on innocents. after Assad terrible bombing, now IF revenge ... damned :(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom