What's new

Syrian Civil War (Graphic Photos/Vid Not Allowed)

CMy-zUPWwAUIEhk.jpg:large

Another page in book of Daesh savagery:

Who was Khaled al-Asaad and why should we remember him? — Hopes&Fears — flow "Politics"

Today, it was reported that Syrian art scholar Khaled al-Asaad, 82, was beheaded by ISIS for refusing to lead them to hidden artifacts they intended to destroy or sell.

al-Asaad worked for 50 years as the head of antiquities in the Syrian city Palmyra, where he was killed.

“Just imagine that such a scholar who gave such memorable services to the place and to history would be beheaded … and his corpse still hanging from one of the ancient columns in the centre of a square in Palmyra,” said Maamoun Abdulkarim, the Syrian state antiquities chief. “The continued presence of these criminals in this city is a curse and bad omen on [Palmyra] and every column and every archaeological piece in it.”

“He was a fixture, you can’t write about Palmyra’s history or anything to do with Palmyrian work without mentioning Khaled Asaad,” said Amr al-Azm, a former Syrian antiquities official. “It’s like you can’t talk about Egyptology without talking about Howard Carter."

He had a huge repository of knowledge on the site, and that’s going to be missed. He knew every nook and cranny. That kind of knowledge is irreplaceable, you can’t just buy a book and read it and then have that.

There’s a certain personal dimension to that knowledge that comes from only having lived that and been so closely involved in it and that’s lost to us forever. We don’t have that anymore.

@Saif al-Arab

Chart makes no sense for multiple reasons.
1.) Source is SOHR.
2.) On Average 3,500 civilians die per month (53 weeks x 3,500 deaths = 185,500, much closer to SNHR number which uses local councils for casualty figures.)
3.) There have been at least 11,000 dead due to torture alone, mostly men, but including women and children.
4.) Foreign rebels generally have had combat experience before, meaning they are less likely to die than Syrian rebels (who are mostly defected SAA or civilian volunteers, neither of which had any combat experience.) Considering the ratio of foreigners rebels to Syrian rebels, the "27,000" dead foreign rebels is absolutely absurd.
5.) Regime has lost ~2,000 fighters in Idlib/Northern Hama/Sahl al Ghab/Latakia within the last few months (since the Idlib offensive began in late-March.) Casualty figures for Syrian rebels and regime soldiers, militias, etc should be much higher.

Who was Khaled al-Asaad and why should we remember him? — Hopes&Fears — flow "Politics"

Today, it was reported that Syrian art scholar Khaled al-Asaad, 82, was beheaded by ISIS for refusing to lead them to hidden artifacts they intended to destroy or sell.

al-Asaad worked for 50 years as the head of antiquities in the Syrian city Palmyra, where he was killed.

“Just imagine that such a scholar who gave such memorable services to the place and to history would be beheaded … and his corpse still hanging from one of the ancient columns in the centre of a square in Palmyra,” said Maamoun Abdulkarim, the Syrian state antiquities chief. “The continued presence of these criminals in this city is a curse and bad omen on [Palmyra] and every column and every archaeological piece in it.”

“He was a fixture, you can’t write about Palmyra’s history or anything to do with Palmyrian work without mentioning Khaled Asaad,” said Amr al-Azm, a former Syrian antiquities official. “It’s like you can’t talk about Egyptology without talking about Howard Carter."

He had a huge repository of knowledge on the site, and that’s going to be missed. He knew every nook and cranny. That kind of knowledge is irreplaceable, you can’t just buy a book and read it and then have that.

There’s a certain personal dimension to that knowledge that comes from only having lived that and been so closely involved in it and that’s lost to us forever. We don’t have that anymore.

@Saif al-Arab
Ah so you cry about one guy (who many are saying was an asshole, I haven't looked into that further). But the people in Douma, Yarmouk (your fake "resistance"), etc. are just "casualties of war."

@Saif al-Arab

Savage act, these idiots don't know diplomacy let alone how to behave like normal beings. The leaders of this group are severely dumb. Does not excuse regimes mass bombings that blow civilians apart. Bombing by air is equally savage, you wouldn't want that to happen to you.

@Saif al-Arab

Very sad news. The savagery of Daesh is well-known across the entire world. Indeed such local people are hard to replace. I still fear that they will destroy Palmyra. They have probably already made a plan in case they will be forced to leave.

It would be a travesty as Palmyra is one of the best kept ancient cities in the world actually, not just the MENA region.

There are many silly differences based on sect, ethnicity etc. in the MENA region but hopefully most regimes and people of the region can agree that Daesh is a menace that everyone should work to destroy and remove completely. Sadly it's easier said than done.

In general it is sad to see all this magnificent ancient heritage being destroyed in Syria, Iraq and now Yemen too. Thankfully a lot can be rebuilt.

3D printing will restore it and the artifacts destroyed in Northern Iraq and Yemen by all parties.

ISIS vs. 3D Printing | Motherboard

One artist’s mission to 3D-print the artifacts that ISIS destroyed

Daesh aims to destroy all pre-Islamic and even many Islamic historical sites in the Arab world to destroy/change history deliberately. I cannot believe that brainwashed native Syrians and Iraqis who are part of Daesh are destroying their own heritage and that of the Arab and Semitic people.

It is like if a terrorist cult in Iran with members from across the world but also Iranians was destroying Iranian heritage sites deliberately.

Chart makes no sense for multiple reasons.
1.) Source is SOHR.
2.) On Average 3,500 civilians die per month (53 weeks x 3,500 deaths = 185,500, much closer to SNHR number which uses local councils for casualty figures.)
3.) There have been at least 11,000 dead due to torture alone, mostly men, but including women and children.
4.) Foreign rebels generally have had combat experience before, meaning they are less likely to die than Syrian rebels (who are mostly defected SAA or civilian volunteers, neither of which had any combat experience.) Considering the ratio of foreigners rebels to Syrian rebels, the "27,000" dead foreign rebels is absolutely absurd.
5.) Regime has lost ~2,000 fighters in Idlib/Northern Hama/Sahl al Ghab/Latakia within the last few months (since the Idlib offensive began in late-March.) Casualty figures for Syrian rebels and regime soldiers, militias, etc should be much higher.

Ah so you cry about one guy (who many are saying was an asshole, I haven't looked into that further). But the people in Douma, Yarmouk (your fake "resistance"), etc. are just "casualties of war."

I also doubt the numbers for the reasons you mention and others but it's hard to know with 100% certainty what is really happening on the ground. A lot of crimes are done when the camera is off and I suspect that many crimes/massacres are yet to be known by the world.

Very sad news. The savagery of Daesh is well-known across the entire world. Indeed such local people are hard to replace. I still fear that they will destroy Palmyra. They have probably already made a plan in case they will be forced to leave.

This guy was literally a walking encyclopedia and reference book. 50 years of non-stop work! These animals don't differentiate between a military target and any other person. Anyone they find that may not think like them is a legitimate target.

I guess I figured Assad's strategy. He is trading Alawi cannon fodder for TOWs:

One more TOW today against ammo truck:

Probably Assadist strategy makes sense: Iran will always send them new Shia cannon fodder and Russians will send them new tanks. But no one knows how long TOW supplies will continue.

Ops
CMzM_eJUcAAmf4G.jpg:large

11870870_1646554522278556_7041248174051339317_n.jpg

Above picture belongs to Rimas Fadei, a high level Iranian Quds force operative (some also claim She was a ruthless Shabiha Assadist) which was killed by glorious brave rebels (who never kill anyone but military targets) in a successful shelling in besieged town of Fua'a yesterday. Congratulations to revolutionaries, Assad has lost an important asset and military commander. (There is also a pic of her dead body which is graphic, so I can't post it here).

500% accurate map of Syria, latest.
11890928_580743038731661_4446665456118358933_n.png

i lost my shit at "free syrian army with every purchase"

One more TOW today against ammo truck:

Probably Assadist strategy makes sense: Iran will always send them new Shia cannon fodder and Russians will send them new tanks. But no one knows how long TOW supplies will continue.

Ops
CMzM_eJUcAAmf4G.jpg:large

Someone translate what they're saying? This is what I get:
one.png
three.PNG
two.PNG

Like I said your words show what kind of filthy people you are your kind only use insults in debate because that what's they can do best

Cyrus have nothing to do with you apes your people hated him than claim him as Kurd

There is no such thing as Kurdistan in Iraq its only in your native Afghanistan and Central Asia there you can find your filthy Kurdistan

Northern Iraq as Assyrian Akkadian and have no thing to do with you or your useless short history if you have any history

Why don't you ask your Iranian kin whom you bond so much with now because of placing your sandyface along Cyrus to whom he is related to. A sandnigger like yourself or a Kurd.

You must have been buttfucked badly at the border. I pitty you.

This guy was literally a walking encyclopedia and reference book. 50 years of non-stop work! These animals don't differentiate between a military target and any other person. Anyone they find that may not think like them is a legitimate target.
HAHAHAHA
The very same people you support have been doing this for the last 4 years. But it's okay because they're "secular."

Above picture belongs to Rimas Fadei, a high level Iranian Quds force operative (some also claim She was a ruthless Shabiha Assadist) which was killed by glorious brave rebels (who never kill anyone but military targets) in a successful shelling in besieged town of Fua'a yesterday. Congratulations to revolutionaries, Assad has lost an important asset and military commander. (There is also a pic of her dead body which is graphic, so I can't post it here).
And I can post pictures of thousands of dead Syrian children due to Assad's bombings. But you'll just call them "casualties of war" and "necessary evil" to combat "foreign terrorists."
Stop wasting oxygen.
500% accurate map of Syria, latest.
View attachment 248728
i lost my shit at "free syrian army with every purchase"

Someone translate what they're saying? This is what I get:
View attachment 248730 View attachment 248731 View attachment 248732
Remove the bullshit map.

As for translation:
"Move by yourself, move.
No one help him up, he'll move by himself.
Where are you going? Where?
Someone get the car.
(This part is difficult for me to hear, since everyone is speaking at once and giving different orders to everyone else.)
There is another one, we are looking for him between the olive trees.
Guys, wait up a little. Has anyone entered [into the building] before us?"

Why don't you ask your Iranian kin whom you bond so much with now because of placing your sandyface along Cyrus to whom he is related to. A sandnigger like yourself or a Kurd.

You must have been buttfucked badly at the border. I pitty you.
No it's you who get phucked by the foreign conqueres for centuries:lol:

Assad and Ayatulas spend billions to hit Israeli kids with rockets and zero to protect own kids from rockets. Here are the results.

Since I am going on vacation with my family, I will be gone for the next week or so. I will have to commemorate the anniversary of the August 21st Ghouta CW attack (and August 5th Adra CW attack) today. The regime used 140mm and 333mm Soviet and Iranian rockets respectively versus rebel held Eastern Ghouta. Sarin was the agent delivered, and 1,400+ people died in these attacks, the vast majority of whom were civilians. Assad had the guts to attack on the same day UN inspectors arrived, and by that time had crossed Obama's "red line" multiple times over. Yet to this day he is still not punished for it.

Now Assadists will say that rebels bombed themselves. Rebels have never been sighted with the 140mm or 333mm rockets for Sarin, which due to their sheer size would be difficult to hide. Assad also crossed the "red line" multiple times over with Chlorine, which so far has only been delivered through the use of barrel bombs, which can only be dropped from helicopters. So, unless somehow rebels bombed themselves with rockets they never had or with helicopters they could operate, Assad has been using CW throughout this war, crossing Obama's "red line." This president has some of the crappiest foreign policy on the planet, especially with the Iran deal, allowing Iran to inspect it's own Nuclear sites. But that's a topic for another thread.
Evidence for Assad's usage of CW:
bellingcat - Updated Google Earth Imagery from August 24th 2013 Reveals More Details About The August 21st Sarin Attack
bellingcat - Reviewing the Sarin Attacks: The Chemical Trail from 8/21 to the end of the year.

In other news, rebels on the Ghab plains lured Assad's armor, ammunition, and fuel convoys into TOW killzones. So far at least 6 tanks, 2 ammunition trucks, and 1 fuel truck have been destroyed.

In southern Syria, 2 rockets were launched at Israel (such "resistance"), to which Israel retaliated with more bombing of Brigade 90, which killed 15 regime troops.

IRAM "Volcano" rockets used by Assadists during chemical attack of Ghouta:

ghouta.jpg

rocket-a.jpg

ap-sources-intelligence-on-syria-chemical-weapons-no-slam-dunk.jpg

chem_roket_unsept2013.jpg

First months they hided that they posses these kind of rockets, but when they realized that no one gives a damn they started openly and proudly pose with them.

10.1440106939.jpg

11.1440106940.jpg

12.1440106941.jpg

Back
Top Bottom