What's new

Syrian Civil War (Graphic Photos/Vid Not Allowed)

Okay, NATO member.
Funny because in a pew research center poll something like 70% of Turks didn't support NATO.
CGwxngbUkAA2Wyo.png:large

Rebels have destroyed 10 Tanks today. 7 in Idlib and 3 in Aleppo, against both Assad and ISIS. Most destroyed by TOW.

CGwyTYaVAAAl3d2.jpg:large

Hafez: Sold the Golan to Israel.
Bashar: Sold Syria to Iran.

Last edited:
I think Nusra will find it harder and harder if they try to approach the coast. Baath support is insanely high in the coast. Fighting there would be as hard if not harder than fighting in Israel. For Nustra, compared to the coast, Idlib is a walk in the park.

I think Nusra will find it harder and harder if they try to approach the coast. Baath support is insanely high in the coast. Fighting there would be as hard if not harder than fighting in Israel. For Nustra, compared to the coast, Idlib is a walk in the park.
Not really insanely high. Among the Alawites? Yes. Among the many Sunnis who live there still? Not really. Not that they can do anything about it.

Not really insanely high. Among the Alawites? Yes. Among the many Sunnis who live there still? Not really. Not that they can do anything about it.

I think coast is impossible for Nusra to take. It would be harder than fighting Israel. If Nusra does make it to the coast, expect full Iranian military intervention, and it won't be pretty.

I think coast is impossible for Nusra to take. It would be harder than fighting Israel. If Nusra does make it to the coast, expect full Iranian military intervention, and it won't be pretty.
Impossible for Nusra to take? Yes. Impossible for rebels to take? No. Especially if they do the smart thing and advance on Homs and Hama first, which would cut off supply line entirely.

Impossible for Nusra to take? Yes. Impossible for rebels to take? No. Especially if they do the smart thing and advance on Homs and Hama first, which would cut off supply line entirely.

Homs, Hama, western Aleppo, Daraa, those are all red lines. Touch any of those and Iran and Iraq will militarily intervene, and it won't be pretty.

How high would you rank the possibility of normal Sunni rebels living peacefully with Alawites? Sure there should be some hatred because of the Ba'ath regime, but is there a lot of takfirism in normal sunni Syrian circles? (genuine question). I suppose you don't want Nusra or other hard core islamists to rule Syria? How high is the chance that moderate normal Sunni rebels can defeat those extremists if Assad was toppled? Thanks.

How high would you rank the possibility of normal Sunni rebels living peacefully with Alawites? Sure there should be some hatred because of the Ba'ath regime, but is there a lot of takfirism in normal sunni Syrian circles? (genuine question). I suppose you don't want Nusra or other hard core islamists to rule Syria? How high is the chance that moderate normal Sunni rebels can defeat those extremists if Assad was toppled? Thanks.

In case you hadn't noticed, this Dr Thrax is the biggest cheerleader of Nusra out there. And Nusra being a Qaeda terror group in the US where he lives, he could easily be caught by the FBI and imprisoned. :p:

Homs, Hama, western Aleppo, Daraa, those are all red lines. Touch any of those and Iran and Iraq will militarily intervene, and it won't be pretty.
lol
Iraq has a shitty army, no worry there.
Iran has shitty commanders, no worry there.
Neither are willing to "militarily interevene."
Dara'a and Western Aleppo will be taken soon, mark my words.

99%. Rebels, even Jolani himself said no harm will come unto Alawites if they do not support the regime. Genuine Takfirism is not normal, at all. Extremists will die out on their own.

In case you hadn't noticed, this Dr Thrax is the biggest cheerleader of Nusra out there. And Nusra being a Qaeda terror group in the US where he lives, he could easily be caught by the FBI and imprisoned. :p:
It's funny because I've criticized Nusra many times and have stated openly that I dislike their leadership. They've done many bad things.

Believe me or not, if Nusra can't beat Israel, then Nusra can't beat Assad. Plain and simple. Assad is more powerful than Israel. 10 years from now, 20 years from now, it don't matter. Assad cannot be beat. Not even the day Dr Thrax dies of old age. :laugh:

Last edited:
Dr. Thrax, why are you quoting Nusra's leader? I've seen the interview. He said we'll leave the Alawites alone if they convert to Sunnism. Pretty much is a takfiri no? I can even support the normal Syrian rebels minus ISIS and Nusra. Problem is, how the hell do we know if they can be defeated by the moderates?

Believe me or not, if Nusra can't beat Israel, then Nusra can't beat Assad. Plain and simple. Assad is more powerful than Israel. 10 years from now, 20 years from now, it don't matter. Assad cannot be beat. Not even the day Dr Thrax dies of old age. :laugh:
Are you really that stupid?
If Assad's army can be beaten by a bunch of self-trained army defectors, civilian volunteers, and some foreigners, then he is nowhere as strong as Israel. Stupidest thing I've seen said by anyone here. (Besides DSI lol)
Israel is 11th strongest in the world, and by far strongest in the Middle East. If you think Assad is stronger then them, you must be smoking some great Marijuana.

Dr. Thrax, why are you quoting Nusra's leader? I've seen the interview. He said we'll leave the Alawites alone if they convert to Sunnism. Pretty much is a takfiri no? I can even support the normal Syrian rebels minus ISIS and Nusra. Problem is, how the hell do we know if they can be defeated by the moderates?
He won't be able to do anything to Alawites. Not on Rebel's watch, as long as the commanders still have their humanity in them (after seeing so much bloodshed in Aleppo and Idlib due to regime airstrikes, many people have seen death as an everyday thing, on a mass scale.) True he said he wanted them to convert to Sunnism, but he can't force them. But they'll convert alone once Nusra comes on their doorstep, because they'll be shitting their pants. Not that I support that.
They can be defeated by moderates because 1.) Most Nusra members are Syrians who want to see the war end 2.) Rebels as a whole are much, much stronger than Nusra and 3.) Golani said he will want to see a unified Syria, meaning he won't fight rebels.

So is Iran deploying any troops? If we take recent reports with seriousness, activating defense pact means whatever happens will be made public. So it can only mean that Iran is deploying troops. Advisers are no 'surprise' as they already are present in Syria.

Back
Top Bottom