What's new

Syrian Civil War (Graphic Photos/Vid Not Allowed)

Obama and Kerry are also good speakers.

i have not heard kerry speak ( so i will listen to some ) but obama, yes, he also does good, from the few occasions i have heard him speak... he can be spontaneous and funny, and diplomatic.

Thanks to Al-Jazeera, the official news channel of terrorist groups in ME (along with Al-Arabiya), terrorists like Golani can feel they are bigger than who they actually are, hence opening his mouth more than a certain size.

It's important to understand everyones viewpoints and interview was done probably for Arab nations to get to know more about the group.

It's complex but he has some points regarding our regimes but whether his solutions are the right ones I doubt. I do fully agree with his comment about restoring the honor, especially for our suffering brothers and sisters in volatile Arab countries including Palestine.

Yes he makes some good points. I personally don't know what solution is possible, he doesn't really have solution but urges opposing all regimes. But no endgame is never a good thing.

“While Security Council members deliberate over next steps at a snail’s pace, toxic chemicals are raining down on civilians in Syria,” said Philippe Bolopion, UN and crisis advocacy director. “The Security Council should firmly establish responsibility and impose sanctions for these attacks, which defy its resolution and violate international law.”

proved again that uno is a pro-nato rubber-stamp... as saddam said in 2003, "united nations of america".

It's complex but he has some points regarding our regimes but whether his solutions are the right ones I doubt. I do fully agree with his comment about restoring the honor, especially for our suffering brothers and sisters in volatile Arab countries including Palestine.

What do you prefer? Reform/change from the government itself, including allowing people more and more say? Or violent overthrow and having to start from scratch? You do understand which this Golani is preferring?

It's important to understand everyones viewpoints and interview was done probably for Arab nations to get to know more about the group.

Yes he makes some good points. I personally don't know what solution is possible, he doesn't really have solution but urges opposing all regimes. But no endgame is never a good thing.

It pretty much comes down to advocating that the entire Arab world/Middle East becomes one gigantic Libya, and then 'we'll see'. I don't believe violent overthrow of every regime is the answer, well unless you want the entire middle east to go and live in Europe. Change has to be allowed by the WEST, they forbid these 'rulers' to change even one inch. The slightest whif of democracy, like in Egypt, and certain 'countries' feel threatened, so the democratically elected government needs to be overthrown again. That way, those 4-500 million people in the region will be forever caged in their own countries. So what the US will allow are either of the two following: 1. keep puppets like Sisi etc in power (won't be a sustainable solution, and will eventually lead to number 2, and 2. break up these nations into a thousand pieces, no arms sales etc, keep them neutered, really castrated, so that they are very easy to dominate and harmless.

proved again that uno is a pro-nato rubber-stamp... as saddam said in 2003, "united nations of america".

Stop being an idiot and a supporter of an obvious mass-murderer and a genocidal and evil regime. How many more proofs do you want that show that your lovely Al-Assad is mass-murdering HIS own God damn people? How can any sane person that claims to take the moral high ground support him while crying about the Syrian opposition?

Why not say it as it is? Both Al-Assad and ISIS are trash. Anyone who is deliberately guilty of such crimes is not a person/group/regime that any sane person let alone Muslim should support regardless of whether this "suits" their political/sectarian agenda behind their computer screen.

Look, I have zero problem with criticizing KSA's air bombardments that have targeted civilians (unfortunately) and I am very much against this. I was from the first day the air bombardments started here. Likewise I accept this is part of war (civilians dying) but what Assad has been doing for almost 4 years now is way, way beyond anything that has been seen in the region in many, many years.

West are no saints but neither is Al-Assad, that's for sure.

Let's keep apples and oranges apart for a while, shall we?

What do you prefer? Reform/change from the government itself, including allowing people more and more say? Or violent overthrow and having to start from scratch? You do understand which this Golani is preferring?

I just wrote that I do not agree with his means but that what he says regarding some of the regimes and restoring the honor of the suffering peoples is spot on.

Yes, the average person of the MENA region should have a bigger say in what their government, clergy etc. is doing.

Last edited:
Golani is speaking on Al Jazeera. Addressing Ahl Al Sunnah(everywhere), that all they lack is will in the struggle against all those attacking them. Says just the will of populations alone forms a power that can't be matched. He is also speaking of politics in the region, minorities in and around Iran. And Iran's agenda in region, how it can be combated.

Wow, Golani attacks Arab rulers....

Interviewer:

What is your opinion on Decisive storm in Yemen and rumors of it being transferred to Syria?

Golani:

I tell the populations to not rely on such promises or pledges and only rely on their selves and their individual efforts. In 48, we also had all Arab armies to repel the Jews in Palestine. During the process corruption occurred and it led to failure. These(Arab) governments are corrupt and have allegiance to the West. I tell the Arab peoples to not rely on them at all.

The Arab governments aide Lebanese army in targeting the Nusra front. So these governments are pro-West, so how can they move in with the struggle against Iran and transfer war to Syria without upsetting the West? The US also has used up past allies and dumped them. It dumped Gaddafi, dumped Mubarak and will dump Gulf rulers, as it all revolves around interests.

Interviewer:

What is your groups view on the war in Syria and its regional implications? As expert(some Westerner) states Syria is the key to takeover rest of region and opens way for it

Golani:

If Ahl Sunnah win in Damascus, then this will be victory for them. And the populations(of region) will recognize the real solution and recognize reality of their leaders rule. Doesn't mean armies will make way(Meaning we won't invade other Arab nations), but the populations will overthrow the 'Tawagheet' (Arab rulers) and return Islam and Muslims will return as peoples who have a say and deal with other powers. Fall of Damascus will motivate the other populations for change.

I tell the populations to seek change, not to become Nusra or Al Qaeda. But I hope to see every Muslim living with honor. Look at MB in Egypt, Morsi fought the mujahideen in Egypt, agreed to Camp David accords, didn't install Shariah law, yet America toppled him through Sisi. We tell the MB to recognize their mistakes in their approach, political paths don't work. Jihad is our way, we fight for sake of God.

We seek that the populations take up arms to and overthrow these regimes.

Interview:

So the region would be destroyed?

Golani:

No we don't seek destruction of region, just self defense and self determination. This doesn't require destruction of region.
MB shouldn't enter politics, we are required not to enter politics and to form state that rules by God. When they entered politics they abandoned Jihad, our ideology differs. They should fight their way through....

Interviewer:

And how about build up of nations(institutions)?

Golani:

We at this moment seek to rid this region of oppression, and rid it of the status quo. Of course this requires time. But you yourself saw that we provide for the civilians in cities under our control and there are state functions.

I like what he's saying. :D

Mate, where is the full interview, i can't find it.....

Stop being an idiot and a supporter of an obvious mass-murderer and a genocidal and evil regime. How many more proofs do you want that show that your lovely Al-Assad is mass-murdering HIS own God damn people? How can any sane person that claims to take the moral high ground support him while crying about the Syrian opposition?

Why not say it as it is? Both Al-Assad and ISIS are trash. Anyone who is deliberately guilty of such crimes is not a person/group/regime that any sane person let alone Muslim should support regardless of whether this "suits" their political/sectarian agenda behind their computer screen.

Look, I have zero problem with criticizing KSA's air bombardments that have targeted civilians (unfortunately) and I am very much against this. I was from the first day the air bombardments started here. Likewise I accept this is part of war (civilians dying) but what Assad has been doing for almost 4 years now is way, way beyond anything that has been seen in the region in many, many years.

West are no saints but neither is Al-Assad, that's for sure.

I just wrote that I do not agree with his means but that what he says regarding some of the regimes and restoring the honor of the suffering peoples is spot on.

Yes, the average person of the MENA region should have a bigger say in what their government, clergy etc. is doing.

We all agree on that. But the point is, what they are doing, is destroying the first building block, which might eventually lead to the entire building collapsing. Sure, people like Assad used to be/are douchebags, but you can't just violently challenge the entire middle eastern order. Do you know how many millions of people will die? Syria had a population of 22 million. 220.000+ died already, and more are sure to follow before hostilities become less severe. So let's just multiply that 22 million population by about 20. That's 4 million dead in the entire region at least. I don't think that's the way to go. Every nation either has religious or ethnic minorities of about the same make up that Syria does.

We all agree on that. But the point is, what they are doing, is destroying the first building block, which might eventually lead to the entire building collapsing. Sure, people like Assad used to be/are douchebags, but you can't just violently challenge the entire middle eastern order. Do you know how many millions of people will die? Syria had a population of 22 million. 220.000+ died already, and more are sure to follow before hostilities become less severe. So let's just multiply that 22 million population by about 20. That's 4 million dead in the entire region at least. I don't think that's the way to go. Every nation either has religious or ethnic minorities of about the same make up that Syria does.

That already happened long ago. The first 100 buildings were destroyed by the Al-Assad regime when peaceful demonstrations were taking place for weeks. Instead of allowing reforms immediately or stepping down like Mubarak in Egypt and Ben Ali in Tunisia (basically saved those countries) and Ali Abdullah Saleh in Yemen (back when Yemen was fairly stable) he wanted to stay in power and what followed later we all know.

Besides the Syrian regime was a notoriously bad regime before the Syrian civil war. It was another Iraq under Saddam Hussein the only difference being a different sect in power (Alawi).

I don't think that millions will die but almost 300.000 people have already died in Syria in the span of 4 years.

Why do you believe that all this conflict will spread to other countries? I don't think that such conflicts will ever occur in KSA, the GCC, Egypt, Morocco, Algeria, Jordan, Turkey or Iran.

It's evident that the Assad regime has to step down and with them the likes of ISIS and others. In any case ISIS would not even exist today in Syria had it not been for the Assad regime.

The same Assad regime that was flooding Iraq with foreign fighters during the US occupation.

The Syrian Sunni Arabs won't abandon everything now and just forget about all of their costly sacrifices just to see the regime stay in power and Al-Assad being replaced with another Ba'athi in power. There is no turning back now before the Al-Assad regime is toppled.

Or at least try to tell that to people who lost loved ones due to the regime.

Syria will need years of rebuilding and compromises just like Iraq need and needs after 2003. When a fire first has started it's really difficult to extinguish it. It's unfortunate but that's how it is in the ME of late.

It's like telling the Palestinians and Israelis to make peace. Mission impossible it seems.

Golani is speaking on Al Jazeera. Addressing Ahl Al Sunnah(everywhere), that all they lack is will in the struggle against all those attacking them. Says just the will of populations alone forms a power that can't be matched. He is also speaking of politics in the region, minorities in and around Iran. And Iran's agenda in region, how it can be combated.

Wow, Golani attacks Arab rulers....

Interviewer:

What is your opinion on Decisive storm in Yemen and rumors of it being transferred to Syria?

Golani:

I tell the populations to not rely on such promises or pledges and only rely on their selves and their individual efforts. In 48, we also had all Arab armies to repel the Jews in Palestine. During the process corruption occurred and it led to failure. These(Arab) governments are corrupt and have allegiance to the West. I tell the Arab peoples to not rely on them at all.

The Arab governments aide Lebanese army in targeting the Nusra front. So these governments are pro-West, so how can they move in with the struggle against Iran and transfer war to Syria without upsetting the West? The US also has used up past allies and dumped them. It dumped Gaddafi, dumped Mubarak and will dump Gulf rulers, as it all revolves around interests.

Interviewer:

What is your groups view on the war in Syria and its regional implications? As expert(some Westerner) states Syria is the key to takeover rest of region and opens way for it

Golani:

If Ahl Sunnah win in Damascus, then this will be victory for them. And the populations(of region) will recognize the real solution and recognize reality of their leaders rule. Doesn't mean armies will make way(Meaning we won't invade other Arab nations), but the populations will overthrow the 'Tawagheet' (Arab rulers) and return Islam and Muslims will return as peoples who have a say and deal with other powers. Fall of Damascus will motivate the other populations for change.

I tell the populations to seek change, not to become Nusra or Al Qaeda. But I hope to see every Muslim living with honor. Look at MB in Egypt, Morsi fought the mujahideen in Egypt, agreed to Camp David accords, didn't install Shariah law, yet America toppled him through Sisi. We tell the MB to recognize their mistakes in their approach, political paths don't work. Jihad is our way, we fight for sake of God.

We seek that the populations take up arms to and overthrow these regimes.

Interview:

So the region would be destroyed?

Golani:

No we don't seek destruction of region, just self defense and self determination. This doesn't require destruction of region.
MB shouldn't enter politics, we are required not to enter politics and to form state that rules by God. When they entered politics they abandoned Jihad, our ideology differs. They should fight their way through....

Interviewer:

And how about build up of nations(institutions)?

Golani:

We at this moment seek to rid this region of oppression, and rid it of the status quo. Of course this requires time. But you yourself saw that we provide for the civilians in cities under our control and there are state functions.

I like what he's saying. :D
Are you trying to spread terrorist propaganda on this thread

I just want to understand one thing.

Those people that support the Al-Assad regime (Ba'athi) regime were/are almost all against the Saddam Hussein regime (Ba'athi too). That makes no sense.

The people supported the entire removal of the Ba'athi regime in Iraq (even ordinary policemen and soldiers that lost their jobs and become jobless overnight after 2003) but in Syria they demand the Al-Assad regime to become a part of a future Syria.

Where is the consistency?

When I speak about the Al-Assad regime I am talking about the top dogs not the ordinary Syrian soldiers or the Syrian family that might prefer the Al-Assad regime.

So the faults of Iraq should not be committed in Syria otherwise the problems will just become even greater.

@jamahir

Safe your time, I am not going to reply to brainless Al-Assad fanboys. Also don't include Libya and Gaddafi here.

The only thing I like about Gaddafi's family is one of his dead son's who was called Saif al-Arab.

The beard too as I spot a similar one currently.:lol:

Last edited:
I think our read of the situation is different. I don't think groups like ISIS just 'sprouted' out of nowhere. If we're totally honest ourselves, we'll see that the FSA, and other NORMAL rebels were defeated in 2012-2013. So there the civil war stopped (or with Iran's help, it stopped sooner perhaps), and turned into a foreign backed proxy war. Nusra and Daesh are NOT Syrian groups, and if you go by the definition, are (partly) responsible for this not being a CIVIL war anymore. So what does that leave us with? Daesh and Nusra are the IMPLEMENTERS of the new Middle East map. The US can't just send in 200.000 soldiers running around the entire middle east, toppling everybody, and make new countries. So they let these groups do it. If the US really wanted to end this situation AND stop ISIS/Nusra, they'd bomb Assad away in two weeks, and ISIS/Nusra in two months. They do neither. They don't want their 'fingerprints' all over it, so they allow Turkey/GCC to pump money and equipment into these groups. (It's really laughable to see people angry at Turkey for 'not doing enough' to close the borders, DUH, that's the entire point, otherwise these groups wouldn't last 2 months, don't think they only capture bullets and ammo, there is a gigantic logistical supply line). But you bet your arse, that Syria and Iraq aren't the end of this plan.

When you hear Al nusra's head (I don't even believe such an organization exists, it's BS, it's one thing to blow up a shopping mall every now and then, it's something completely different to organize, train and sustain such a large campaign), talking about 'cutting off the heads of the region's leaders etc, or saying in the previous interview: our war ends in Dimashq, you should understand this group is a sanctioned puppet. A real takfiri would say: I'm going to Latakia and drink all the Alawite's blood. But no, they want to spread into Lebanon, to cut off Hezbollah. Hey! Who else wants to cut off Hezbollah? Who else wants to create a 'Sunni buffer' between Iran and the Mediterranean? It's no coincidence. Not ONCE have I heard a single word about 'Isr or Palestine', which both pretty much are very high on the list when talking about muslim extremist groups. So short term: reduce Iran's influence, long term: break up all the countries in the region. Or at least try. Don't for a second think this is about 'rights for the average Syrian' etc.

I just want to understand one thing.

Those people that support the Al-Assad regime (Ba'athi) regime were/are almost all against the Saddam Hussein regime (Ba'athi too). That makes no sense.

The people supported the entire removal of the Ba'athi regime in Iraq (even ordinary policemen and soldiers that lost their jobs and become jobless overnight after 2003) but in Syria they demand the Al-Assad regime to become a part of a future Syria.

Where is the consistency?

When I speak about the Al-Assad regime I am talking about the top dogs not the ordinary Syrian soldiers or the Syrian family that might prefer the Al-Assad regime.

So the faults of Iraq should not be committed in Syria otherwise the problems will just become even greater.

@jamahir

Safe your time, I am not going to reply to brainless Al-Assad fanboys. Also don't include Libya and Gaddafi here.

The only thing I like about Gaddafi's family is one of his dead son's who was called Saif al-Arab.

You do realize the large differences between Iraq's Ba'ath and the Syrian one? They were even enemies. Plus Saddam was a lot worse than Assad could ever hope to be. Not to trivialize Syria's plight, but the Iraqis had it much worse.

Every opposition group in Syria outside of ISIS and Al-Nusra is "normal". Most Al-Nusra members are locals and so are a huge part of ISIS members in Syria.

It does not matter anymore as the Al-Assad regime is relying on foreigners in the thousands.

The Al-Assad regime has to go and there is no other solution.

I don't think that the ordinary Syrian cares about some "wider schemes in the region" but rather about toppling a tyrant, regaining their honor and rebuilding their country and shaping it as they please. Or at least try to do so.

Initially the Syrian civil war was a 100% internal matter (of course inspired by the events in the Arab world back then) but now it has become a regional and international affair but that's only natural.

So was Iraq when Saddam Hussein was toppled which most Al-Assad fanboys loved. That's why I say that there is no consistency in their arguments.

In the end I believe that they are against us Arabs and especially Sunni Arabs deciding our own future in our own lands. It sometimes seems that the Arabs are revolting in Russia and China but the reality is that they are doing this in their own lands.

The West and Arab regimes and regional regimes must understand once for all that nothing will change the will of the Arab people eventually. US and several military powers failed in Iraq after almost 10 years, they failed in Libya, they have failed in Palestine and they will continue to fail everywhere in the Arab world as long as they oppress people and exclude natives from the decision making.

This will be the downfall of certain Arab regimes too eventually and that of other non-Arab regimes in the Muslim world.

@Falcon29

You do realize the large differences between Iraq's Ba'ath and the Syrian one? They were even enemies. Plus Saddam was a lot worse than Assad could ever hope to be. Not to trivialize Syria's plight, but the Iraqis had it much worse.

The differences were minimal. That they were fighting against each other is irreverent here. KSA and Qatar (not so much anymore under King Salman) were once rivals too. It matters little. Saddam was not much worse than the Al-Assad family. I think that you are unaware of Hafez's many crimes or those of Al-Assad himself.

Syria was basically another North Korea in the ME before the civil war.

Last edited:
Look, I have zero problem with criticizing KSA's air bombardments that have targeted civilians (unfortunately) and I am very much against this. I was from the first day the air bombardments started here.

you are saying "civilians"... so you do not support the houthi rebels?? they are not mullah types... i have seen a photo of a fighter hold a muammar gaddafi poster ( despite your objection to not see "libya" for some reason ).

in fact, the reactionary, nato agent, nobel peace prize winner, tawakkul karman, and her types will be removed if the houthis arrange a stable government??

so what is your objection to them?? also, why one policy for yemen and another for syria??

Likewise I accept this is part of war (civilians dying) but what Assad has been doing for almost 4 years now is way, way beyond anything that has been seen in the region in many, many years.

indeed it is four years... why don't people understand the one of the biggest conspiracies in history, the nato regime-change program called "arab spring"??

look at the state of africa now - leaderless... and with usa military having established a "africa command" in whatever technical way... after 40 years.

syria under baath guidance is the last independent government in west asia.

simple question... what will become of the progressives, the ladies and christians should the syrian government fall and the syrian army is not able to take control??

i don't know what that phrase means.

who are those people??

The West and Arab regimes and regional regimes must understand once for all that nothing will change the will of the Arab people eventually. US and several military powers failed in Iraq after almost 10 years, they failed in Libya, they have failed in Palestine and they will continue to fail everywhere in the Arab world as long as they oppress people and exclude natives from the decision making.

not your "arab world" again !!!

with moustache or without??

Back
Top Bottom