What's new

Syrian Civil War (Graphic Photos/Vid Not Allowed)

Well, when Shah Ismail started to introduce Shiism in Iran, there was only a handful Shia Ulema in Farsi regions, so he asked Shia Ulema from Jabal amel in Lebanon to come to Iran, to help spread shiism in those regions.

Yes but also from Southern Iraq, Bahrain, Eastern KSA. Shia Islam was present in Iran before the Turkic Safavids though. It was initially spread by Arabs and after all you have some of the 12th Imams (In Shia Islam) that are even buried in Iran. Such as Ali-Ridha or Ali Reza as he is called in Persian. In Mashhad I believe. There are other such shrines/tombs too.

Before the Safavids most of Iran was Sunni though - mostly the Shafi'i fiqh from what I have read.

From my understanding of the events during those times those conversion processes were done in the context of the Ottoman rivals to distinguish Iran from its neighbors. Politically it was a good choice.:)

Anyway this Sunni-Shia-Ibadi-Sufi etc. nonsense must stop and we should return to topic.:D

Islamic State Seizes Key Kobani District in New Push, Group Says - Bloomberg

Islamic State militants pushed deeper into the Syrian town of Kobani today, seizing strategic buildings from their former Kurdish defenders, according to a human rights group documenting the conflict.

The insurgents now control almost half of the town on the frontier with NATO-member Turkey, including an area housing administrative and security buildings, the U.K.-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said in a statement, citing a witness in Kobani. Militants are advancing along Street 48, which divides eastern and western parts of the mainly Kurdish town, and were also at its southern entrance, it said.

I'm Hanafi Sunni and i don't say such things.....
That's the politically correct answer. The real Sunnis, who are Salafis and Wahabis, consider Shiites to be heretics.

Lets get back in action. I really loved this one. From Ayn Al Islam, formerly called Ayn Al Arab or Kobane.

image.jpg

Is it true that ISIS has Kurdish units fighting alongside them, against YPG?
They are even fighting eachother in Turkey, most isis recruits from Turkey are from Kurdish regions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Idlib province: no less than 3 children and a woman were killed while 5 others were wounded by aerial bombardment on Telmins town in the southern countryside of Idlib, regime forces bombarded areas in Saraqib town, no reports of losses.

Aleppo Province: A loud explosion was heard in the city of Ayn al Arab resulted when an IS fighter blew up himself in a truck near the Big Mosque located to the west of the security box which was held by IS fighters today.

The clashes between the regime forces supported by NDF against Ahraro al Sham fighters renewed in the village of al Adnaneyyi near the Defense Factories coincided with the arrival of new military enhancement for the battalions. The Movement has also clashes and targeted the regime’s groupings in the village leading to the death of 5 soldiers from the regime forces. Violent clashes took places between the regime forces supported by NDF and Hezbollah fighters against al Nusra Front, the rebel and Islamic battalions in the neighborhood of al Aameryyi, al Ramosi area and the outskirts of the neighborhood of Karm al Jabal near Hanano barrack in the east of Aleppo.

Aleppo Province: Ahraro al Sham Movement took control over the village of Abotbeh yesterday night after violent clashes with the regime forces leading to the death of 9 soldiers from the regime forces at least, information also reported casualties among the Ahraro al Sham fighters. This village is close to the town of Tal Abour and located 2 km from the Defense Factories.

Clashes erupted this morning between the brigade of al Akrad Front, the rebel and Islamic battalions against IS fighters in the vicinity of the Poultry area near the town of Dabeq which is held by IS.

The regime forces shelled yesterday night areas in the city of al Bab with no information about casualties so far.

The warplanes carried out a raid on al Mallah area in the northern countryside.

SOHR

Terrorist US government bombing Kurdish residences in Ayn al Arab - Kobane. /sarcasm

Terrorist US government bombing Kurdish residences in Ayn al Arab - Kobane. /sarcasm

CC strikes started on 23 september.
IS entered Komani 2 weeks later - on 5th october.

During 2 weeks CC did nothing to stop the IS advance in open desert. But once IS entered the city they started heavy bombardment of the city. :rolleyes: Genius plan. Obama received Nobel peace prize not in vain.

Back
Top Bottom