What's new

Syrian Civil War (Graphic Photos/Vid Not Allowed)

Hezbollah is still kicking Nusra's arse in Qalamun, it has liberated more than 80% of areas controlled by Nusra terrroists, many pictures of dead rats coming out everyday. After that, it's time to capture IS influence zones in the border and then Qalamun mountains will be free of terrorists. It's only a matter of days until the areas are fully liberated.

11260715_364816987057493_8736704357465417543_n.jpg

CFD-cDGUIAA1A_x.jpg

CFD-cDFVAAA7gN6.jpg

CFD-cDDUIAALA1U.jpg

CE_vJO-UIAAF1rx.jpg:large

11096477_364261120446413_541068017080308021_n.jpg

------------------------------------------

latest reports suggest that SAA has repelled IS attack around Palmyra and the area is now almost safe, many dead IS lying around the city, unfortunately, can't post the pics.

Last edited:
Hezbollah, Shia militias, ISIS and Assadist terrorists killing each other as many times before?

I think that is called a win-win situation.:coffee:

View attachment 221487

Hamza Ali Yasin, nephew of Nasrallah's was killed in Syria

They are dying like flies. Did he take a photo with that Farsi kawli? I have heard that taking a photo with him brings luck.:lol:

Last edited:
ISIS completely took over eastern Homs province in another blow to regime. They're surrounding the city of Palaryma from all sides and likely to launch offensive soon there.

ISIS completely took over eastern Homs province in another blow to regime. They're surrounding the city of Palaryma from all sides and likely to launch offensive soon there.

Is it not strange that this whole fight against ISIS by the international society has been so weak? It's like they don't want them to go.

Same exact story when it comes to Al-Assad. Several "red lines" have been crossed. The use of sarin on civilians in rebel-held areas was also sanctioned as seen in August 2013.

Simiarily you have thousands of people who openly support ISIS on social media in the West and maybe 1% of those get into real trouble.

It seems to me that the intelligence services are deliberately cautious to act and want the most extremist ones to actually leave the country and likely die in Iraq or Syria.

Same thing in many Arab states. In a way I understand the tactic but it seems to me that there is no real plan. Symptomatic for the Obama administration in the ME. They don't know what they are doing. That's why local "powers" are playing an increasing role. They know that the US is shifting their attention to China and now Russia once again.

In the end the US are earning big bucks in terms of weapon sales to the region as everyone is afraid of ISIS or the "next ISIS". This constant use of fear serves American interests I believe. At least on the short run. Not to mention that the economic situation of the world is still poor so numerous billions here and there serve them well.

That's why I am blabbering about the need for Arab cooperation, more rapid industrialization etc.

It's a power play between us people, a few selected rulers whose priority is to remain in power and their Western and regional allies.

We are all small dots in a bigger power play and before the majority does not realize it the ME will never improve. We are all guilty of this.

Last edited:
@al-Hasani

They need ground invasion to have serious impact. What they're afraid of isn't ISIS. They simply don't want any armed Islamist groups to control a whole Arab nation. There are hundreds of islamist movements there. Some of which recently did offensive on Idlib. They don't want those guys in power, it's not about fear of ISIS. It's fear that Iranian axis will collapse and Sunni islamists will gain traction in region. And no longer can Iran distract Arab world and do what West adores in region, preventing Sunni Arab power.

So it's work of rebels to do it on their own. I believe they can get it done in less than a year if keep up the pace.

Hezbollah is still kicking Nusra's arse in Qalamun, it has liberated more than 80% of areas controlled by Nusra terrroists, many pictures of dead rats coming out everyday. After that, it's time to capture IS influence zones in the border and then Qalamun mountains will be free of terrorists. It's only a matter of days until the areas are fully liberated.

11260715_364816987057493_8736704357465417543_n.jpg

CFD-cDGUIAA1A_x.jpg

CFD-cDFVAAA7gN6.jpg

CFD-cDDUIAALA1U.jpg

CE_vJO-UIAAF1rx.jpg:large

11096477_364261120446413_541068017080308021_n.jpg

latest reports suggest that SAA has repelled IS attack around Palmyra and the area is now almost safe, many dead IS lying around the city, unfortunately, can't post the pics.

Why you support Hezbollah and Assad Baathist regime??

Is it not strange that this whole fight against ISIS by the international society has been so weak? It's like they don't want them to go.

Same exact story when it comes to Al-Assad. Several "red lines" have been crossed. The use of sarin on civilians in rebel-held areas was also sanctioned as seen in August 2013.

Simiarily you have thousands of people who openly support ISIS on social media in the West and maybe 1% of those get into real trouble.

It seems to me that the intelligence services are deliberately cautious to act and want the most extremist ones to actually leave the country and likely die in Iraq or Syria.

Same thing in many Arab states. In a way I understand the tactic but it seems to me that there is no real plan. Symptomatic for the Obama administration in the ME. They don't know what they are doing. That's why local "powers" are playing an increasing role. They know that the US is shifting their attention to China and now Russia once again.

In the end the US are earning big bucks in terms of weapon sales to the region as everyone is afraid of ISIS or the "next ISIS". This constant use of fear serves American interests I believe. At least on the short run. Not to mention that the economic situation of the world is still poor so numerous billions here and there serve them well.

That's why I am blabbering about the need for Arab cooperation, more rapid industrialization etc.

It's a power play between us people, a few selected rulers whose priority is to remain in power and their Western and regional allies.

We are all small dots in a bigger power play and before the majority does not realize it the ME will never improve. We are all guilty of this.

On this post we can completely agree. I think the 'Yinon plan' is being put in motion. Google it. Dividing the Middle East on sectarian lines. Sadly, both parties are working, without knowing, to achieve just that. The US is lighting fires in the middle east, and merely 'managing' it. Smaller, weaker nations are much easier to control and divide. And sectarianism is THE easiest way to get this fire rolling. Think about it: is pan-Arabism possible now between Alawites and Sunni Syrians? Just asking a hypothetical question. They're ripping the middle east apart and we're all looking on on the interwebs. And I'm not pointing fingers here, we're all their b!tches, so we all lose. I think the Arabs+Iran+Turkey should set aside the idiocy, and form a strategic alliance. Against outside far and away powers.

@al-Hasani

They need ground invasion to have serious impact. What they're afraid of isn't ISIS. They simply don't want any armed Islamist groups to control a whole Arab nation. There are hundreds of islamist movements there. Some of which recently did offensive on Idlib. They don't want those guys in power, it's not about fear of ISIS. It's fear that Iranian axis will collapse and Sunni islamists will gain traction in region. And no longer can Iran distract Arab world and do what West adores in region, preventing Sunni Arab power.

So it's work of rebels to do it on their own. I believe they can get it done in less than a year if keep up the pace.

Of course a ground invasion is needed but even the aerial bombardments have been irregular and ineffective. The initiative to truly defeat ISIS is obviously not there whatever the reasons might be.

No doubt that USA and the Iranian regime are both not interested in hegemony in the MENA region and sorry to say but if the Arab Sunnis united or had rulers who largely spoke in the same tongue that would be the case. From Mauritania to Oman. Simply due to sheer numbers, resources, land area, strategic importance, economy etc. The GCC alone has an economy that is 2 times as big as Iran-Turkey combined.

I don't know if those "Islamist" (I am always cautious about groups that claim to be so) groups are the main problem here. Outside of ISIS and Al-Nusra that is. I think they know very well that those other groups are mostly regular Sunni Arab Syrians who have taken up arms during a civil war and that most Syrians do not want to create or imitate ISIS in Northern Iraq in terms of system.

It really is confusing. Of course it all comes down to money, power and influence.

Think about it. You are an American, European, Israeli or just a person that has no ties to the ME. Why should you care about the ME just because of a few wars (that are yet to cost the live of 500.000 people in total since the Arab Spring) when you look the other way when millions of Africans and South Asians (in total) die of famine each decade? It's just an example.

Why not play all the sides against each other (or at least be passive when that happens while pretending to want the best for the region) if that benefits you economically and politically?

The US and the powers don't really care about civilians and their suffering anywhere. At least not in Syria as seen since 2011.

There is no other solution than locals being masters in their own lands. I don't know how this can happen truly with this status quo, those rulers (almost everyone of them are bad and more interested in staying in power) but either way (regardless of rulers) this must happen and then the cooperation with the world powers might occur on a more equal footing.

I really don't know.

As an European/American diplomat I would make a mockery out of ME rulers (knowing their mentality, societies, history) and play them out against each other. If I could likely do it then hardened diplomats and decisions makers (those behind the scenes, not the figure heads) can do that too.

Why you support this criminal secular arab nationalist regime

You revolted against secular nationalist dictator shah who was less evil than al Assad and you fought 8 years against the Baathist regime in Iraq but you support this genocidal regime in Syria????!!

Is that you Salman?:o:o_O

You revolted against secular nationalist dictator shah who was less evil than al Assad and you fought 8 years against the Baathist regime in Iraq but you support this genocidal regime in Syria????!!

A Tiny part of the Iranian revolution was religious. Many more were communists or just wanted freedom. The islamists won out in the end, in large part because there was a huge war going on. Religion wins in war. Can hardly win by being a communist. Wait what... The USSR did just that in ww2, but that's not the middle east.

My question is, why your opinion changes every once in a while? I don't remember you ever opposing Assad. One day you insult Saudis, then you have choose Abdullah for your avatar and now this.

And about Assad, he's just a person, it's not about Assad. I have gone through the same conversation hundreds of times, I don't want to discuss that again. So for this part, let's just agree to disagree.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom