What's new

Syrian Civil War (Graphic Photos/Vid Not Allowed)

Kurds, Syrian rebels edge into Islamic State stronghold: monitor
Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:21pm EST

BEIRUT (Reuters) - Kurdish forces backed by Syrian insurgent groups took control of a hill inside the provincial stronghold of the militant Islamic State group on Sunday after deadly clashes, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.

The Kurdish forces, supported by U.S.-led air strikes, drove Islamic State fighters from the town of Kobani last month near the Turkish border and have pushed them back from surrounding villages in northern Syria. Islamic State still holds tracts of land across northern and eastern Syria and into Iraq.

Now the Kurds and other local fighters who oppose Islamic State have taken a hill south of Kobani which lies within Raqqa province - the stronghold of the al Qaeda offshoot in Syria, said the Observatory, which tracks the conflict through sources on the ground.

"It is the first time they get into Raqqa," the Observatory's founder Rami Abdulrahman said. He added that at least 35 Islamic State fighters and four members of the Kurdish forces had been killed on Sunday in battles near Kobani, which were the heaviest since the Kurds took back the town.

The fight for Kobani, known as Ayn al-Arab in Arabic, become the focus of international efforts to combat Islamic State and was the first time that a U.S-led aerial campaign had worked with local ground forces to oust the militants in Syria.

The Observatory said on Saturday that the Kurds had regained control of at least 163 villages around Kobani in the three weeks since they pushed Islamic State fighters out of the town.

In recent weeks the Kurds were joined by several hundred rebel fighters in the battles for areas surrounding the town, according to the Observatory. These included the Shams al-Shamal brigade and the Raqqa Revolutionaries Brigade, which both oppose the jihadists.

(Reporting by Sylvia Westall; Editing by Stephen Powell)

child protecting his little sister from Assad’s Airstrikes. Has to be one of the most heartbreaking Pic.

View attachment 193931

How very sad. How low have we reached as Muslims and humans to allow such a tragedy to unfold before our very eyes? I am ashamed although I cannot do much personally other than donating money for the victims of the conflict and pray. Wish that I could do more.

I believe that GCC should help all orphans of the war.

The Al-Assad regime and all its idiotic supporters will pay tenfold for their genocide and war crimes. There is no turning back.

I agree with @Falcon29 . The Syrian civil war is not about Palestinians but it has to be said that the Al-Assad genocidal regime has starved and killed 2500 civilian Palestinians in various refugee camps and by doing barrel bombardments.

See the Yarmouk refugee camp.

2200 Palestinian civilians are jailed by the genocidal regime too.

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/New...00-Palestinians-killed-missing-in-Syria-.html

I know many Palestinians in person, even here in Denmark, that have become my close friends and it's sad that refugees outside of Palestine have to fear for their lives. From one conflict/war to another.:angry:

In this day and age we must walk with our heads bowed down out of shame and embarrassment.

Hamas cut ties with Iran long ago. And last person should be you. Lebanese Sunni Muslim...ha...Go tell that joke to someone else haywaan....

You are probably Arab idol beirtu night club Arab like all other secularist junkies in the region. I am Sunni Islamist and I support caliphate. This means dismantling Arab governments. And you need another 1000 years to be like Hamas. Don't ever criticize your kings. Hamas is God's angels on earth, secularist pro Israel junkies can do all they can to support Israel but will always fail in bringing down the mujahideen of Palestine. If you were Sunni Muslim you would know God said in hadih that people in Palestine will struggle for the truth until the last day on earth.

Hamas cut ties with Iran long ago? Then why is that depraved Mahmoud az-Zahhar of yours hanging off Tehran and Hezbollah, and why is he saying Hamas doesn't support the fall of the Assad regime? Why is Hamas re-establishing contacts with Iran?

As for the personal stuff, that's fine, Allah yesam7ak. If you knew who I am and my activisim, you'd be very surprised. Ibn al-Qayyim said the idiot is known by his assumptions, and I've learnt much about you from your assumptions.

As for the Hadith you're citing, at least know it in its various narrations, and that "taa'ifah al-Mansoorah" is applicable to being in Bilaad ash-Shaam generally and in another narration for being around Bayt al-Maqdis.

Appropriating that and applying it to 'Palestinians' (who are, ultimately just Syrians) shows your whole 'Sunni Islamist' nonsense is just a facade hiding your deeply-entrenched nationalist gibberish.

I agree with @Falcon29 . The Syrian civil war is not about Palestinians but it has to be said that the Al-Assad genocidal regime has starved and killed 2500 civilian Palestinians in various refugee camps and by doing barrel bombardments.

That's right, it's not about Palestinians and never has been. But the Iran/Assad/Hezbashaytan 'resistance' axis depends on a narrative: of defending Palestinians from oppression.

That's an absurd narrative. The Syrian regime has butchered Palestinians whenever they got in the way of its own interests, and the examples are many.

Nusra Front claims to shoot down SAA helicopter in Idlib

@Halimi

I don't know you and you don't know me. We may be similiar. So let's stop arguing and bashing. Don't let politics fool you, once you come and meet the men in Gaza you will know what I mean. And I'm not here to talk politics today though since I did all that in a different thread in Iran defence forum.

Nusra Front claims to shoot down SAA helicopter in Idlib

@Halimi

I don't know you and you don't know me. We may be similiar. So let's stop arguing and bashing. Don't let politics fool you, once you come and meet the men in Gaza you will know what I mean. And I'm not here to talk politics today though since I did all that in a different thread in Iran defence forum.
It's not just a claim, they have an image.
B9_1l7RIYAA7MlB.jpg:large

Also, here is the situation in Aleppo, I want to go back to my city :(
B9_4ygeCEAAb3TY.jpg:large

And a new Ahrar al Sham video:

it sickens me to see muslim countries going through a shit storm like this... stay strong my brothers...

it sickens me to see muslim countries going through a shit storm like this... stay strong my brothers...
We have to go through this. This is a test from Allah. And it also cleanses the countries from the Hypocrites, and weakens our enemies outside of the country. And many of our brethren, Man, Woman, or Child, have been martyred and sent to heaven.

We have to go through this. This is a test from Allah. And it also cleanses the countries from the Hypocrites, and weakens our enemies outside of the country. And many of our brethren, Man, Woman, or Child, have been martyred and sent to heaven.

seems the enemies n hypocrites are winning brother... every single .... day we bleed.. and the end of all this suffering isnt in sight... after 2005 i havent seen peace in my country.. major earthquakes,biblical floods... bloodshed ... f... !

Now look at Afghanistan,Syria,Libya,Iraq.. pretty much in deep shit.

seems the enemies n hypocrites are winning brother... every single .... day we bleed.. and the end of all this suffering isnt in sight... after 2005 i havent seen peace in my country.. major earthquakes,biblical floods... bloodshed ... f... !

Now look at Afghanistan,Syria,Libya,Iraq.. pretty much in deep shit.
Not in Syria, inshallah we will be victorious. The Iranians are loosing many of their top officials. Hezbollah lost too many fighters. Assad relies on Alawites (who are now starting to run away from service, a lot of them died) and foreign fighters too sustain himself. There's also people recruited by draft, but they were forced to so not motivated to fight. It's only a matter of time.

Not in Syria, inshallah we will be victorious. The Iranians are loosing many of their top officials. Hezbollah lost too many fighters. Assad relies on Alawites (who are now starting to run away from service, a lot of them died) and foreign fighters too sustain himself. There's also people recruited by draft, but they were forced to so not motivated to fight. It's only a matter of time.

why dont you live in peace... forget the secterian shit that is screwing our countries...? the day muslims stop hating eachother over small differences.. they will rise again..

Now lets say asad goes... than what? isis fks or islamists will start fighting over power... something we have seen previously in afghanistan,libya etc?

why dont you live in peace... forget the secterian shit that is screwing our countries...? the day muslims stop hating eachother over small differences.. they will rise again..

Now lets say asad goes... than what? isis fks or islamists will start fighting over power... something we have seen previously in afghanistan,libya etc?
Most people are Islamists (including FSA), and a plan for a post-Assad Syria has already been laid out. And don't worry, once Assad goes, ISIS goes. ISIS and other extremists thrive on a battlefield, but fail in a peaceful situation.

The so called "Syrian" opposition terrorists want more bloodshed, they refuse peace, and they went crazy when the UN envoy spoke the truth... The F$A terrorists are causing all this bloodshed and destruction in Syria and they don't care about Syria, they are fighting for their masters and for $$$$... traitors like them will have no place in Syria, insha'Allah.... they want war, we will give them war... we Syrians are people of peace, but we will not remain silent when terrorists come and destroy our country, and kill our men and women...

Syrian insurgent group says it will not meet 'biased' U.N. envoy | News , Middle East | THE DAILY STAR

The so called "Syrian" opposition terrorists want more bloodshed, they refuse peace, and they went crazy when the UN envoy spoke the truth... The F$A terrorists are causing all this bloodshed and destruction in Syria and they don't care about Syria, they are fighting for their masters and for $$$$... traitors like them will have no place in Syria, insha'Allah.... they want war, we will give them war... we Syrians are people of peace, but we will not remain silent when terrorists come and destroy our country, and kill our men and women...

Syrian insurgent group says it will not meet 'biased' U.N. envoy | News , Middle East | THE DAILY STAR
Saying Assad is part of the solution to Syria is like saying Hitler is part of the solution to the Holocaust. No, we won't co-operate with a regime that is the whole cause of the conflict, and the extremists involved within it.
We will not bow down to an oppressive regime. We will gain freedom.

Saying Assad is part of the solution to Syria is like saying Hitler is part of the solution to the Holocaust. No, we won't co-operate with a regime that is the whole cause of the conflict, and the extremists involved within it.
We will not bow down to an oppressive regime. We will gain freedom.
lol, Hitler = F$A terrorists... F$A criminals will have no place in Syria... western puppets will never survive on Syrian soil... we sovereign nation, that will never bow down to the west ...

Back
Top Bottom