What's new

Syrian Civil War (Graphic Photos/Vid Not Allowed)

"Zahran Alloush is the military leader of the largest militant group in Syria, known as the Islamic Front, a conglomerate of several ex-FSA and other Salafist brigades with a total of around 60,000 fighters. He recently stated in a press conference that his group views itself as responsible for liberating Kobanê from all Kurds belonging to PKK and PYD, as he considers them allies of the Syrian government, and from the Islamic State (IS, aka ISIL or ISIS) terrorist group. ISIL is now engaged in heavy fighting in Kobanê against Kurdish fighters, many of whom belong to YPG, which is affiliated with PKK."

American plan on partitioning of Syria.

image.jpg

IS is attacking again Regime forces in the vicinity of Shaer gas plant near Tadmur/Palmyra. Reports, several vehicles of regime were destoyed, a number of killed and wounded among regime forces.
ريف حمص الشرقي | 10-11-2014 |
اشتباكات عنيفة بين تنظيم الدولة الاسلامية و قوات النظام في محيط حقل شاعر , و أنباء عن تدمير عدة آليات للنظام و قتل و جرح عدد كبير من العناصر .

‫ريف حمص الشرقي | 10-11-2014 |اشتباكات... - تنسيقية الثورة في مدينة تدمر | Facebook‬

#مسار_بـرس | #حمص | تنظيم الدولة يدمر دبابة خلال اشتباكات مع قوات الأسد في محيط جبل الشاعر

وكالة مسار برس (@MasarPressNet) on Twitter

IS killed 2 regime soldiers in Hawija Sakhr in Deir ez-Zor.
#مسار_بـرس | #دير_الزور | تنظيم الدولة يقتل عنصرين من قوات الأسد خلال اشتباكات في منطقة حويجة صكر

Clashes between IS and YPG in the village of Bakarat, in north of Yaroubiya.
#مسار_بـرس | #الحسكة | اشتباكات بين تنظيم الدولة ومليشيا حزب الاتحاد في قرية بكارة شمال مدينة اليعربية

وكالة مسار برس (@MasarPressNet) on Twitter

Last edited:
Hunted down and brought to justice:

ISIS CLAIMS PKK LEADER BAHOZ ERDAL KILLED IN KOBANI
  • Agencies
  • Updated : 10.11.2014 18:46:32
  • Published : 10.11.2014 17:41:12
1415634291016.jpg

ISTANBUL — Fehman Hüseyin, one of the main leaders of PKK's armed branch HPG, was killed by ISIS militants in Kobani, according to media sources close to ISIS.

Hüseyin, also known as Doctor Bahoz Erdal, was in Kobani to give support to YPG forces -- PKK's Syrian offshoot-- when he was killed by ISIS militants, the sources say.

PKK administration in Northern Iraq's Qandil Mountain reportedly instructed to cover up Hüseyin's death.

Hüseyin is a Syrian Kurd who studied medicine at university – thus nicknamed 'Doctor' – in Damascus. Following PKK's leader Abdullah Öcalan's capture in 1999, he shared the leadership of the terrorist organization with Murat Karayılan and Cemil Bayık, commanding the armed branch HPG particularly. He is also the alleged leader of TAK group, which is claimed to have split from PKK to pursue more violent tactics. TAK was blamed for recent deaths in October's Kobani protests, and claimed responsibility for terrorist attacks in towns and cities against civilians.

MFS FIGHTING ISIS IN RAS AL-AYN

MFS (Syriac Military Council) soldiers in collaboration with YPG fought heavily against ISIS gangs in the villages of Naqra and Alliya in Ras al-Ayn.

MFS Soldier, Aryo said: “We want to thank all the people who helped us in the operation. The operation began on November the 5th, starting from Qamishly in the direction to Ras al-Ayn.

We went out from Ras al Ayn by night and we went to the village of Amman and we stayed there for two nights. Then we moved in the direction to Naqra with our friends from the YPG and the Asayish.

We were able to eliminate ISIS and it has been two days now that the fight became heavier. At night ISIS tries to get close with their cars and we are able to see them and hit them, staying up all night.

Until now no one of our soldiers has been wounded.

MFS fighting ISIS in Ras Al-Ayn | Syriac International News AgencySyriac International News Agency

THREE MEN OF THE SUTORO INJURED IN TIL-KOÇER.

Three men of the Sutoro injured in Til-Koçer. | Syriac International News AgencySyriac International News Agency

Underage Teens Face Conscription in Assad's Syrian Army

Adel, a teenager, worked with his father at their small shop near al-Halbouni, not far from Damascus. By age 17 he had dropped out of school to support his family, as their financial situation grew desperate over years of war.

Adel wasn't a supporter of Syria's government. But that didn't stop him from being conscripted to fight on its behalf. He was arrested at one of the army checkpoints in the town of Qudsaiya in the Damascus countryside, then sent off to battle.

“We were on our way to work. We got stopped at a checkpoint and there was the usual ID check,” Adel's father recounts.

“One of the men manning the checkpoint took a closer look at Adel’s ID before heading off to talk to the rest of the soldiers. He returned and told me that Adel will be serving in the army. I asked him to check Adel’s ID again; he wasn’t of age to serve. He screamed at me and said I’d get arrested if I didn’t comply with their orders.”

His attempts to rescue his son were futile. He went home, terrified of being arrested. Four days later he received word that his son had been killed in battle.

“One of the soldiers knocked on our door and asked me to sign a document, showing I received word about a [family] death. In the beginning I thought there was a mistake, but it was true. The soldier informed me that I needed to go pick up the body from one of the military hospitals," he said.

"I couldn’t believe my eyes, I cried like a baby,” he said.

The next day, he headed to the hospital to pick up his son’s body. One of the hospital caregivers told him Adel was killed during a battle between the regime forces and opposition fighters in the Damascus countryside.

“I still don’t believe it,” says Adel's father. “He was only away for four days. He was supposed to be in a training camp for at least six months. The caregiver told me Adel was brought in with other wounded soldiers and that his injuries were fatal. He died immediately.”

“It was a real nightmare,” he said, describing the loss of his son.

Adel isn’t the only victim of young conscription. Abdul was two months shy of his 18th birthday and also a high school dropout; he left his studies behind as the situation in Syria got worse. He had been serving in the Syrian army for only 20 days when he was arrested in a security raid, stopping new recruits from leaving.

“I was planning to flee to Turkey this month to get out of compulsory army service, but I got caught," he told Syria Deeply while on sick leave at home.

"I was assigned to one of the barracks in the al-Sabboura area where training camps are held. Many of the guys there were my age or a little older. We practiced for only a week how to shoot a gun.”

Abdul said that he was sent with a few others to fight at the Joubar front in Damascus after a week of training. Officers told the new recruits that they would train on the battlefield, adding that there was no need to be scared.

“I found myself on the front lines the next day. I was terrified and I couldn’t fall back. I was scared of the other soldiers. The clashes were heavy and we were ordered to open fire. I was shot in the foot and fainted. I was then transferred to the Tishreen military hospital,” he said

When Abdul woke up, he was lying on the hospital floor, as all beds were taken by Hezbollah fighters from Lebanon. He risked losing his foot to infection, as the injury went untreated. But he was later given care, then granted sick leave.

“I have no choice now. I can’t desert the army, and they will definitely put me back on the field as soon as I get better," he said. "All I want is to survive the battlefield. There’s nothing else I can do.”

Syria News | Syria Deeply, Covering the Crisis

Was told yesterday about police storming homes in Ruknaldin and enrolling males up until age of 42

Thomas Pierret (@ThomasPierret) on Twitter

Miracle: Boy rescues girl from shooting in Syria. And the soldiers keep shooting. They're children.

Note: Boy takes bullet in chest wakes up and rescues the little girl

#Syria #Aleppo #YPG digging trenches north of Darat Azzah- probably fear attack of #JaN

Mark (@markito0171) on Twitter

After Kobane, Syrian Kurdish city of Afrin under threat of al-Qaeda

Afrin, Syria – Hevi Mustafa, head of the Executive Council of the city of Afrin in northwestern Syria, said that the Western powers which launch airstrikes against the radical group of the Islamic State (IS/ISIS) in the city of Kobane” should be prepared to help another Kurdish besieged by Islamist militants, which is Afrin, the third largest Kurdish city in Syria”.

The Islamic State militants have besieged Kobane for months, and the U.S.-led coalition’s airstrikes were the only way to prevent the advance of the militants as well as bolster the Kurdish resistance on the ground led by the People’s Protection Units (YPG), and later supported by Iraqi Kurdistan’s Peshmerga.

Afrin (200 km to the west from Kobane) is among the three Kurdish self-ruled areas announced earlier this year.

“Afrin will face the fate of Kobane by the al-Nusra Front militant group (the Syrian branch of al-Qaeda), but if they surround Afrin we are ready to defend ourselves,” Mustafa stated during a visit to the Turkish capital Ankara to draw attention to the situation of Afrin.

“We are grateful for the efforts of the international community in Kobane but it came too late. We need urgent support in Afrin to prevent a scenario scenario to Kobane,” she told Reuters.

“The Syrian government forces did not intervene directly in the three major Kurdish areas (Qamishli, Kobane and Afrin), which gave us the opportunity to enjoy relative calmness amid the ongoing war in the country,” she added.

The Islamic State’s militants attacked Afrin last year, but they were repelled by Kurdish forces; however, the area is currently besieged by militants of the al-Nusra Front.

Recently, the al-Nusra Front signed an agreement with other armed groups in the area and advanced 25 kilometers towards Afrin. The Kurdish self-rule administration expressed its concerns about possible assaults by the militant group.

Mustafa called on the international coalition’s forces to coordinate with the Kurdish fighters in Afrin and launch strikes against Islamists before they attack the city, demanding that Turkey open a border crossing to allow the flow of aid to the area.

On the other hand, Ankara strongly opposes any kind of autonomy for Syrian Kurds, accusing them of having links with the Assad regime, but Mustafa responded to the Turkish allegations, denying any links with the Assad regime.

“We avoid confrontation with the Syrian regime, and this claim is an attempt to discredit the Kurds,” she said. “We are fighting against the regime in a different way; we are trying to build a democracy in our areas and all of Syria.”

“Our Kurdish forces are prepared to defend Afrin as we did Kobane; we don’t like war, we want the Western powers to intervene,” Mustafa said.

After Kobane, Syrian Kurdish city of Afrin under threat of al-Qaeda - ARA News

Back
Top Bottom