What's new

Syrian Civil War (Graphic Photos/Vid Not Allowed)

oh my god , what a total idiot.

Yes, so you are telling me that USSR was not second to the US only in science and that USSR did not invest in the school system of Azerbaijan etc. and all the other conquered areas and that it did not improve it, improve the literacy levels etc. Or are you going to claim or insinuate to our great fun (just like that Charon 2 moron tried to make it sound like Turks and Mongols, who both had an insignificant scientific output during Islamic times (1300 years) compared to Arabs and pre-Islamic times even more so compared to us Semites) that the school system of Azerbaijan was already developed before it was conquered by USSR?

The oldest university in Azerbaijan was founded in 1919. By then Russia was already a technological power of that era relatively speaking compared to the remaining world.

You can deny it as much as Indians denying the technological leftovers of the Brits.

@Azeri440 tone it down bro ;)
@al-Hasani Yes, we already have schools like Rushdiyeh in South and similar educational centers in North.
Also, in 1919, Azerbaijan was an independent country, and not part of Russia.
Also, 3 of 5 persons that I mentioned were South Azeri,(the fourth one also raised in south) and did not have such USSR impact as you claim. Logically, it means that USSR impact has been more destructive than anything close to constructive. No need to add the war imposed on us after as an outcome of soviet collapse.

I love it when Turks and Arabs fight, for a change :D

tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

@al-Hasani Yes, we already have schools like Rushdiyeh in South and similar educational centers in North.
Also, 3 of 5 persons that I mentioned were South Azeri,(the fourth one also raised in south) and did not have such USSR impact as you claim. Logically, it means that USSR impact has been more destructive than anything close to constructive.

Every Muslim country had educational centers before those modern universities emerged they were just not any match for what was present in Russia or Europe at the same time. The Muslim/Non Western world back then was a poor and illiterate backwater and Azerbaijan was not any different in the wider picture.

Yes, independence from Russia for a short while. 2 years if I am not wrong. Not an expert on Azerbaijani history.

Azerbaijan Democratic Republic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Which itself was a Russian client state if I am not wrong.

Still in 1920 Azerbaijan cheesed to exist and became a part of USSR. Claiming that Azerbaijan did not benefit from USSR in terms of education, school system and science is complete bogus that nobody can accept.

@ResurgentIran

You must have been happy about me recognizing those 4 Persians on that list since you thanked those posts.:lol:;)

It's not actually a fight (I don't care) it was just started by that Charon 2 moron that can't keep quite from spreading his nonsense and from insulting first just to cry afterwards when we gets the same treat.

Also, 3 of 5 persons that I mentioned were South Azeri,(the fourth one also raised in south) and did not have such USSR impact as you claim. Logically, it means that USSR impact has been more destructive than anything close to constructive. No need to add the war imposed on us after as an outcome of soviet collapse.

There is no such thing called South Azerbaijan.
That price winner is Iranian. Iranian Azaris have nothing in common with those Turko-Slavic (soviet) hybrids in Republic of Azargayjan. lol

@rmi5

I don't understand how you can talk with that shasgool ape, let alone debate with him. You have a lot of patience man.

Every Muslim country had educational centers before those modern universities emerged they were just not any match for what was present in Russia or Europe at the same time. The Muslim/Non Western world back then was a poor and illiterate backwater and Azerbaijan was not any different in the wider picture.

Yes, independence from Russia for a short while. 2 years if I am not wrong. Not an expert on Azerbaijani history.

Azerbaijan Democratic Republic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Which itself was a Russian client state if I am not wrong.

Still in 1920 Azerbaijan cheesed to exist and became a part of USSR. Claiming that Azerbaijan did not benefit from USSR in terms of education, school system and science is complete bogus that nobody can accept.

We are of course different from other so called muslim countries:

First parliamentary republic in the entire Greater Middle East (ADR, the democratic nation-state founded in May 1918)
First Greater Middle East nation to give women the right to vote (1919)
First opera
First balet
First cinematography in the Muslim world (1897)
First Latin-based alphabet among Turkic nations (1920s)
First women's college
First Christian Church in the Caucasus (Kish village, near Sheki)
First cosmonaut

First in the world:

First Space General (see Lt-Gen. Kerim Kerimov)
First oil well drilled (1848, in Bibi-Heybat)
First kerosene plant (1863)
First offshore oil field developed (1923)

Also, we are the most secular country with muslim majority. Only 8 percent of Azerbaijanis really care for religion which is the lowest among all muslim countries and shows we are the most sane one.

There is no such thing called South Azerbaijan.
That price winner is Iranian. Iranian Azaris have nothing in common with those Turko-Slavic (soviet) hybrids in Republic of Azargayjan. lol
How much desperate (Dast Be Khaayeh) a person can be? :lol:
Your posts are interesting from this point of view.

First parliamentary republic in the entire Greater Middle East (ADR, the democratic nation-state founded in May 1918)
First opera
First balet
First women's college
First cosmonaut

First in the world:

Also, we are the most secular country with muslim majority. Only 8 percent of Azerbaijanis really care for religion which is the lowest among all muslim countries and shows we are the most sane one.

Your secularism is a result of Soviet atheist influence.

@rmi5

I don't understand how you can talk with that shasgool ape, let alone debate with him. You have a lot of patience man.

You are right bro. I need to go to sleep, istead. good night every one

First opera
First balet
First women's college
First cosmonaut

First in the world:

Yes and most other things happened a few decades later in most of the ME. This has no big meaning in the wider picture.

Azerbaijan did not exist before 1918. It was part of the Russian Empire. Which obviously was more developed than anything located in the Muslim world. Anyway I don't see any sources for many of those claims and it would surprise me a lot if old colonies such as India and Egypt did not get those things at a similar time period. Or Indonesia etc.

Let alone Albania or Bosnia.

I think that Albanians are more secular.

Anyway do you deny that the Azerbaijani school system benefitted from being a part of the USSR for 70 years?

Your secularism is a result of Soviet atheist influence.

Precisely. Same thing with the Russified Central Asian states. Before Soviet influence Islamic law ruled supreme. Like anywhere else in the Muslim world.

So as we can see then being under Russian rule/influence had its positives.

I meant that Al-Nusra are heavily wakened compared to earlier times. They hardly play any major role on the ground. Most members have either been killed, deflected to ISIS, been captured, been heavily wounded or left the conflict altogether. In terms of the extremists then ISIS are the by far the most dominant force.

The problem was that they even have become so big to begin with. It's totally insane to think about it. A group that was close to being eliminated (or at least could only do relatively small hit and run attacks and occasional bombings in Iraq less than 4-3 years ago) now control half of Iraq and almost half of Syria. It just shows how many **** ups the regional countries and international powers have made and how hopeless the locals have been to even remotely try and join hands with them.

If this conflict was dealt with earlier as in Libya (which itself was not a perfect operation) a lot of this could have been avoided.

I wonder what historians and military analysts will say about this conflict in 10-15 years time.

This all happened largely due to the incompetence of Maliqi government and failure of the Iraqi Army to fight as a coherent body,instead of standing their ground they chose to defect en mass leaving all their equipment behind for the ISIS to capture,especially in the earlier days.And this new Iraqi Army was supposed to be trained by and equipped like the so called BEST in the world!!

This all happened largely due to the incompetence of Maliqi government and failure of the Iraqi Army to fight as a coherent body,instead of standing their ground they chose to defect en mass leaving all their equipment behind for the ISIS to capture,especially in the earlier days.And this new Iraqi Army was supposed to be trained by and equipped like the so called BEST in the world!!

Too simple. Look at Syria next door. Obviously it did not help that the Iraqi army performed this badly. Of course Maliki being an incompetent retard has to take a lot of the blame. Hence why his own Islamist party eventually removed him or basically staged a coup d'état.

The Iraqi army was never that well equipped. They practically had no air force until recently. The Americans did not trust Maliki due to his close ties with the regime in Iran. The Americans also feared that something like this could happen so they were reluctant. Can't blame them really.

Yes and most other things happened a few decades later in most of the ME. This has no big meaning in the wider picture.

Azerbaijan did not exist before 1918. It was part of the Russian Empire. Which obviously was more developed than anything located in the Muslim world. Anyway I don't see any sources for many of those claims and it would surprise me a lot if old colonies such as India and Egypt did not get those things at a similar time period. Or Indonesia etc.

Let alone Albania or Bosnia.

I think that Albanians are more secular.

Anyway do you deny that the Azerbaijani school system benefitted from being a part of the USSR for 70 years?

Precisely. Same thing with the Russified Central Asian states. Before Soviet influence Islamic law ruled supreme. Like anywhere else in the Muslim world.

So as we can see then being under Russian rule/influence had its positives.

For rmi5 being such a proud Azeri, he sure likes to deny a lot of his own history. This is strange lol

Back
Top Bottom