What's new

Sylheti is a language on its own right.

You wrote this by quoting my message. Find a single sentence in my post that alienates and disrespects Sylhet.

I challenge you.

Only ALLAH can judge someone's religiosity. Any practicing Muslim will know that to not make comments like above.

What is this business of "US" Sylhetis? Everyone is Bangladeshi. Every region has a contribution to Bangladesh's economy. There is absolutely NO question of "US" Sylheti, Noakhailla, Chittagainga, or Dhakaiya. It is ONLY "US" Bangladeshis.

If this is not propagating "regionalism", then what is?

To summarize, you have very subtly-

1. Slipped in false accusations to play the victim
2. Sowed seeds of division by promoting regionalism

You are either extremely naive or someone with an agenda. I will leave that to Allah.

If you are being genuinely naive, I pray that Allah brings you to your senses.

But if you are someone with an agenda to create division among Bangladeshis, know that your plot is exposed.

Actually, you guys here have to become much more ruthless while confronting suspected false flaggers. Do some acid test. Ask some questions which can not be found by googling. Even you can ask Simple Bengali test with Roman letters where Google translator is helpless. Don't take anything on the face value.

If you need tips about serious interrogations, I can provide you with some good professional advice. One big advantage in an interrogation room is the absence of audience to play victims. There are ways to create virtual interrogation rooms. Lol.

Even you can ask Simple Bengali test with Roman letters where Google translator is helpless
But what if any west Bengali use false flag ? How can you catch them since Bengali is their native language too . Accent are different though but it's in spoken form!

But what if any west Bengali use false flag ? How can you catch them since Bengali is their native language too . Accent are different though but it's in spoken form!

It is the same way we can identify Indian Punjabi from PAKISTANI Punjabi . Ask about something which is not available in Google. Only a local would know it. There are many ways. A tail is a very difficult thing to hide. Lol.

More than a 100 posts, and if one were to reach a consensus, all the Bangladeshi Sylhetis in this thread have been imploring their ethno fascist countrymen for the recognition of their language instead of disregarding it as an obsolete dialect.

Point to note is this disaffection will manifest in certain ways in due course of time.

If the Bangladeshis don't give a hoot about their muslim citizens whose language happen to bear a little resemblance to that of the majority, one can well imagine what happens to the Chakmas, the Tibeto Burmans like the Marmas, Tipras, Garos, whose identity and culture are poles apart from the Bangladeshis.

For the country whose genesis was the result of disaffection and step motherly treatment of their language, the Bangladeshis seem to have learnt no lessons yet.

It is the same way we can identify Indian Punjabi from PAKISTANI Punjabi . Ask about something which is not available in Google. Only a local would know it. There are many ways. A tail is a very difficult thing to hide. Lol.
Yes that's a point !:lol:

You wrote this by quoting my message. Find a single sentence in my post that alienates and disrespects Sylhet.

I challenge you.

Only ALLAH can judge someone's religiosity. Any practicing Muslim will know that to not make comments like above.

What is this business of "US" Sylhetis? Everyone is Bangladeshi. Every region has a contribution to Bangladesh's economy. There is absolutely NO question of "US" Sylheti, Noakhailla, Chittagainga, or Dhakaiya. It is ONLY "US" Bangladeshis.

You are either extremely naive or someone with an agenda. I will leave that to Allah.

But if you are someone with an agenda to create division among Bangladeshis, know that your plot is exposed.

Getting Sylheti language recognized in Bangladesh as a fully fledged language is NOT considered regionalism and causing division, the very fact that you deny its existence shows you don’t care about rich history of Sylhet division within Bangladesh, Chittagong and other region also has rich history, you can love the neighborhood where you are from and contribute to it. you seem that you’re hellbent on gradual Sylheti language extinction.

I challenge you.

Let me be very clear and frank to you, Since you have stayed polite I will be polite in my respond as well, let me break it down for you: Let’s say I am from Vermont a very small state in the United States but I love my state and homeland and will work so hard to make it a better place as I am from there and this is part of community, that doesn’t meant I do not want good things not to happen in other parts of the country and my fellow national citizens, doesn’t mean I do not wish good things not to happen for my fellow countrymen, but that will happen as people who live in other city, states also care for their respective places and work toward development and it’s wellbeing, and then you have a central government which will distribute and work to make and support all states evenly, it is part of the central government, nation building start from your own community (even one is the famous Hadith States that, Research on Islamic virtues as well) and city and state and then its goes down to a national government which also work toward making a perfect union and dividing and allocating resources and make sure all region has a functioning local government and are paying national taxes and has a full functioning governance system. I can be extremely proud of my State Vermont (not from there, but just using it just for analogy) vouch for this state well being and development worldwide and at the national level, at the parliament and congress and and with global companies for its development and job creation, Residents from other respective States will also do the same for their own places and then you have a federal Centrl govt whichever you want to call it has their own that laws which should be followed and will makes sure National constitutional laws are Protected while simultaneously respecting its local jurisdictional laws and mandate. So States, region, cities in turn will not make or broker those federal or national laws as well, implementation and enforcement would need to be strong and efficient as well.

2nd point: why are you hellbent of denying Sylheti language is due recognition in Bangladesh? why are you acting like a facist do you not value diversity and tolerance in Bangladesh? if you respect and give and let people live, people get satisfied and they work hard and and contribute more and nation and state and country stays healthy in this way, this whole points comes down to quality of life and tolerance. The reason why India is lagging behind is due to its disregard for minority religion which makes a sizeabke portion of its population, caste system and corruption and other internal issue and international security issue and rise of RSS menance has also contributed to its downfall in economy, as I mention perhaps Allah took the Baraka away from for completely alienating a sizeable portion of its population, this has nothing to with having multiple languages within a one national and political identity or different region speaking different languages and or having different cultures. Anyhow many counties in Europe, south east Asia has same level of diversity and yet flourishing as they value human dignity, respect indegenous culture and languages within one National identity
; that is why Allah also gives these those nation Baraka as their government are more just. Now coming to your question, it is my god given rights to have attachment for Sylhet division in Bangladesh and it’s culture and language and it’s development as I hail from this place, of course at the international level I am a Bangladeshi origin and proud, this has nothing do with regionalism,
Hope things are more clear for you now. Lastly are you that fascist that you want to deny a sizeable part of Bangladeshi population their right to express their culture, language and their different islamic heritage in a different way who happen to have a different ethno linguistic heritage as well? don’t you think it will enable Sylheti language to be preserved and their culture within Bangladesh and make, and in return it will flourish even more in Bangladesh, don’t you have any form of decency and tolerance for this sizeable part of the population, do you want majoritarian tyranny like they showcased in India recently? that is a recipe for disastsers, how would you feel if you someone in power also deny you your own mother language? In order for language to flourish and protected and preserved it needs governmental recognition. Do you really want to deny Sylheti this god given rights that was provided to them in different language in Bangladesh, are you that fascist?, It will actually make Bangladesh stronger and be a beacon of hope in the South Asia for its tolerance, diversity multi culturalism within its Islamic Bangladeshi National identity, answers those questions. Lastly, all linguistic universally agree that Sylheti is a language own its own right. It will make Bangladeshi a more just and healthier and more productive nation which will march ahead and become a beacon of hope in increasingly dark South Asia and it will also enable surrounding regions
of Bangladesh join Bangladeshi political and national union thereby also achieving the Greater Bangladeshi union like it was during the Sultanate of Bengal time as greater Bangladesh will provide better alternative for those people, think outisde the box, look how diverse Sultante of Bengal was as well. This might open your eyes. Have a blessed rest of the Ramadan. You cannot suppress Sylheti language in Bangladesh InshAllah it will only get strengthened as more and more civil society are learning about it both internationally and nationally about unique ethno-lingual heritage of Sylhet division in Bangladesh.

Last edited:
Actually Indian economy was one of the fastest in the world until the RSS menace took over and destroyed it, I believe Baraka was taken away by Almighty Allah for its rampant discriminations against Muslim minority citizens and other minorities, also caste system bigotry is also contributing to this downfall. This is advantageous for Bangladesh, InshAllah Bangladesh would be a beacon of Hope and provide better alternative in South Asia like Malaysia and Indonesia. Singapore and other developed tolerant nation state around the world while simultenously respecting the rich and conservative Muslim populations way of life as well. It should start from Sylheti language getting its long overdue recognition. It will enable Bangladesh to also compete for its glory and reclaim its lost territory it controlled under Sultante of Bengal and and form a Greater Bangladesh as It will provide better alternative to people (citizens) and region seeking to join its union.

Last edited:
unlike Bengali which is Kolkata and Sanskrit dominated for the most part.
Do not talk about something upon which you have little understanding. Standard Bengali language is derived from dialect of greater Kushtia and Jessore region of Bangladesh and adjoining Nadia district of West Bengal. Spoken dialect of Kushtia and Jessore is almost same as standard Bengali which is not coincidence as during 19th century people form this region were advanced in education and cultural achievement and they used their dialect to write literature. Most of the people of Kolkata were migrants from this Nadia,Kushtia, Jessore belt as Kolkata was then the capital of Bengal and the hub of literature publication. Over time, their dialect and literature accepted as the standard form of Bengali for valid reason. The connection between Kolkata and standard Bengali language was thus established because of Kolkata's dominant migrant population of Kushtia-Jessore region. Standard Bengali language is not the original dialect of Kolkata, but from our very own Kushtia Jessore region and Bangladesh's own heritage.

During 19th century, some caste Hindus tried to forcibly Sanskritize Bengali language, but their attempt mostly failed. You should read the literature of Ishawar Chandra Gupta and will understand how far removed the modern Bengali language from that Sanskritized version. Farsi words still remain the most used foreign vocabulary within Bengali language.

Last edited:
Do not talk about something upon which you have little understanding. Standard Bengali language is derived from dialect of greater Kushtia and Jessore region of Bangladesh and adjoining Nadia district of West Bengal. Spoken dialect of Kushtia and Jessore is almost same as standard Bengali which is not coincidence as during 19th century people form this region were advanced in education and cultural achievement and they used their dialect to write literature. Most of the people of Kolkata were migrants from this Nadia,Kushtia, Jessore belt as Kolkata was then the capital of Bengal and the hub of literature publication. This is how connection between Kolkata and standard Bengali language established. But the truth is, standard Bengali language is not the original dialect of Kolkata, but our very own Kushtia Jessore region and Bangladesh's own heritage.

During 19th century, some caste Hindus tried to forcibly Sanskritize Bengali language, but their attempt mostly failed. You should read the literature of Ishawar Chandra Gupta and will understand how far removed the modern Bengali language from that Sanskritized version. Farsi words still remain the most used foreign vocabulary within Bengali language.
Really I would love to research and learn more about it. Based on previous research it showed otherwise but I will look into it more carefully! Your inputs are appreciated!

More than a 100 posts, and if one were to reach a consensus, all the Bangladeshi Sylhetis in this thread have been imploring their ethno fascist countrymen for the recognition of their language instead of disregarding it as an obsolete dialect.

Point to note is this disaffection will manifest in certain ways in due course of time.

If the Bangladeshis don't give a hoot about their muslim citizens whose language happen to bear a little resemblance to that of the majority, one can well imagine what happens to the Chakmas, the Tibeto Burmans like the Marmas, Tipras, Garos, whose identity and culture are poles apart from the Bangladeshis.

For the country whose genesis was the result of disaffection and step motherly treatment of their language, the Bangladeshis seem to have learnt no lessons yet.

Nice try at trying to build division between BD'shis when there is none!

:D

What some of my fellow Bengali BD'shi posters are doing is attacking the messenger and not the message itself.
@SylhetiBDeshiAmerican may be a little hot-headed and due to some of the words he has been using some BD'shi posters erroneously concluded that he must be a false flagger.

While some falsely think that Sylheti is a dialect of Bengali, that is more due to ignorance than any attempt to try to suppress Sylheti identity. All you need to do is to compare some sentences in Sylheti, Assamese and Bengali to instantly realise that Sylheti is closer to Assamese than it is to Bengali.

Sylheti is not at all discouraged by the BD government but it needs to be made an official language of the country and used in all settings in the Sylhet division. This will come naturally as always happens in BD. There is no issue in BD over this.

Now, when will Assam join BD in order to free itself from being rinsed dry by the billion Indian Hindus?!
So sad to see you guys being rinsed of all your resources and made to stay backwards when you can just join BD and get seriously rich quite quickly.

Nice try at trying to build division between BD'shis when there is none!

:D

What some of my fellow Bengali BD'shi posters are doing is attacking the messenger and not the message itself.
@SylhetiBDeshiAmerican may be a little hot-headed and due to some of the words he has been using some BD'shi posters erroneously concluded that he must be a false flagger.

While some falsely think that Sylheti is a dialect of Bengali, that is more due to ignorance than any attempt to try to suppress Sylheti identity. All you need to do is to compare some sentences in Sylheti, Assamese and Bengali to instantly realise that Sylheti is closer to Assamese than it is to Bengali.

Sylheti is not at all discouraged by the BD government but it needs to be made an official language of the country and used in all settings in the Sylhet division. This will come naturally as always happens in BD. There is no issue in BD over this.

Now, when will Assam join BD in order to free itself from being rinsed dry by the billion Indian Hindus?!
So sad to see you guys being rinsed of all your resources and made to stay backwards when you can just join BD and get seriously rich quite quickly.
You’re right brother, I guess many people just don’t know about it and I need to be more sensible and polite. I will try my Best to use different approach when tackling these ignorance views. I have demonstrated repeatedly that my sole interest is preservation and protection Sylheti language and that is all and I am a proud Bangladeshi American of Sylheti Origin like 99.999 percent of my fellow Sylheti Bangladeshis.

Last edited:
Feel good statement, when the harsh reality is that you subjugated Sylhelis go out of your way to entertain the rest of the Bangladeshis in their language, even in your Sylhet division. Administrative work, trade and commerce, education, and daily interaction with your government and outside BDs happens in Bengali instead of Sylheti.

You may not acknowledge it here but there's been a steady obliteration of your culture and language since you joined EP/BD, to the extent that new generation Sylhetis in BD find it difficult to converse in their mother tongue. However, to my knowledge, overseas Sylhetis have kept your traditions.

In contrast to an ethno fascist BD, India respects and promotes all regional languages. Unlike your country, we have provisions and constitutional safeguards to protect and preserve our languages.

I can foresee another referendum happening in BD in a not too distant future.

Didn't even know about the Sylhetis until I came across this thread. Thought BD was all Bengali with some ethnic Mongols with their distinctive culture in minority.

Feel good statement, when the harsh reality is that you subjugated Sylhelis go out of your way to entertain the rest of the Bangladeshis in their language, even in your Sylhet division. Administrative work, trade and commerce, education, and daily interaction with your government and outside BDs happens in Bengali instead of Sylheti.

You may not acknowledge it here but there's been a steady obliteration of your culture and language since you joined EP/BD, to the extent that new generation Sylhetis in BD find it difficult to converse in their mother tongue. However, to my knowledge, overseas Sylhetis have kept your traditions.

In contrast to an ethno fascist BD, India respects and promotes all regional languages. Unlike your country, we have provisions and constitutional safeguards to protect and preserve our languages.

I can foresee another referendum happening in BD in a not too distant future.

Sylheti is spoken in all settings, apart from official communication between Sylhet and rest of BD for obvious reasons.

Sylheiti just needs to be made a co-official language and taught to schoolchildren in the division, mainly so they can learn to read and write in the Sylheti script.

My family use Sylheti to communicate with bank staff when they visit BD as just one example.

Everyone in Sylhet speaks Sylheti at home and so the new generation are totally fluent in Sylheti. While they do not know the Sylheti script, most are more fluent in Sylheti than Bengali.

India has failed Assam economically and even killed it's Muslim citizens in the capital Delhi just earlier this year. India is too much of a joke of a "country" to take seriously.

All Assamese and bengoli Muslims I know dislike syleht people.
They call them sylhetia geda.They don't marry with them.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom