What's new

Sylheti is a language on its own right.

More like fear of being hacked with machetes one fine morning or evening when out on a bike ride. "Mysterious assailants" blah blah....just like that street protest drama that got zero coverage on BD media...but we all saw the truth in facebook vids.

Totally nothing to see here folks:

https://theconversation.com/conserv...desh-and-curbing-freedom-of-expression-128692

https://www.dw.com/en/zero-tolerance-bangladesh/av-43427496

This video totally doesnt have nearly a million views:

But I'm sure this thread definitely will.

How is this relevant to what we were discussing?

Attacks by extremists never stopped HBCUC from voicing their opinion. So what made them not back the claim of their own? Because it was utter bullshit and they knew it very well.

And if you concerned about the Hindu population in Bangladesh? I can tell you for certain that they are faring much better than Muslims in India.

Hindus in Bangladesh are undoubtedly the most well-off group. On average, they are more educated and have more income and wealth than an average Muslim in Bangladesh. Which is indeed commendable.
In recent years there has been a significant increase in Hindu officers in government offices, police, and even the military, courtesy of them being associated with the Golden BCL of the "95%" Government.

Just because that video has a million views, doesn't make it the "Truth".

https://sylhetiproject.wordpress.com/eine-seite/

This is why it is very important to for Sylheti language to get it recognition in Bangladesh, it’s long overdue, it needs to be made official language of Sylhet division along with Bengali in Bangladesh, so it can be protected and preserved otherwise It will die like many other languages has died around the world due to ignorance and fascism.

Do you have the translation of the holy Quran in Sylheti language ?
They may have it I will look into it!

I am sorry but you are wrong. There are other regional dialects that are very much "distinct" from the traditional Bengali. Try relating Bangla with authentic "Khaas" Noakhailla, for example. There is hardly any similarity. And in terms of population- greater Noakhali region (Nokhali, Chandpur, Feni, and parts of Kumilla)- who speak the same language, is also quite significant.

Nobody in Bangladesh denies anyone the right to speak in their own dialects or language. Everyone speaks in their own dialect and/or language in their respective areas. I have never come across any movement to make any regional language as an "official" language. If there is one, it is likely to be from a fringe group. Never ever heard it from any of my Sylheti or Chittagainga friends either. Because it is completely a "non-issue", no one really cares about this in Bangladesh apart from friendly banters.

No one region is greater than the other in Bangladesh. Every region has its own contribution.

The problem is- there is a very subtle but very active attempt here to promote "regionalism" in Bangladesh and create division, just as it exists in India. Too bad if you don't see it.
That is because most of the Sylheti people are not aware of it, and was blindly fed that Sylheti was part of Bengali language, Sylhetis are Bangladeshi but Sylheti language is separate language own its own right. Many many young generations are slowly realizing and learning about the Sylheti language and it’s heritage, it has nothing to do with India or Separatism as most Sylhetis like myself are proud Sylheti Bangladeshi origin. We simply want the language to be taught and protected in Sylhet Division otherwise it will banish like other languages around the world. You did not clearly study or research, Sylheti is not a dialect of Bangla, it is a separate language own its own right. Do some research first. But Sylhetis are proud Bangladeshis but it’s is time their language is also recognized and protected in Bangladesh.

Just like here in the United States, ever state has its own laws, economic policies, regionalism within strong national identity actually promote competitions and thus encourage development and discovery and innovation, may you will not understand this basic concepts as well.
I am sorry but you are wrong. There are other regional dialects that are very much "distinct" from the traditional Bengali. Try relating Bangla with authentic "Khaas" Noakhailla, for example. There is hardly any similarity. And in terms of population- greater Noakhali region (Nokhali, Chandpur, Feni, and parts of Kumilla)- who speak the same language, is also quite significant.

Nobody in Bangladesh denies anyone the right to speak in their own dialects or language. Everyone speaks in their own dialect and/or language in their respective areas. I have never come across any movement to make any regional language as an "official" language. If there is one, it is likely to be from a fringe group. Never ever heard it from any of my Sylheti or Chittagainga friends either. Because it is completely a "non-issue", no one really cares about this in Bangladesh apart from friendly banters.

No one region is greater than the other in Bangladesh. Every region has its own contribution.

The problem is- there is a very subtle but very active attempt here to promote "regionalism" in Bangladesh and create division, just as it exists in India. Too bad if you don't see it.
Just like here in the United States, ever state has its own laws, economic policies, regionalism within strong national identity actually promote competitions and thus encourage development and discovery and innovation, maybe you will not understand this basic concepts as well. This is how Europe also developed other parts of the world as they were competing against each other to discover and innovate new things. That would also work well within one strong national identity.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regionalism_(politics)

That is another debate it is has nothing do to with protecting and respecting the Sylheti language and it’s heritage in Sylhet Division in Bangladesh.

How is this relevant to what we were discussing?

Attacks by extremists never stopped HBCUC from voicing their opinion. So what made them not back the claim of their own? Because it was utter bullshit and they knew it very well.

And if you concerned about the Hindu population in Bangladesh? I can tell you for certain that they are faring much better than Muslims in India.

Hindus in Bangladesh are undoubtedly the most well-off group. On average, they are more educated and have more income and wealth than an average Muslim in Bangladesh. Which is indeed commendable.
In recent years there has been a significant increase in Hindu officers in government offices, police, and even the military, courtesy of them being associated with the Golden BCL of the "95%" Government.

Just because that video has a million views, doesn't make it the "Truth".

You really don't see how rising islamism cuts against tolerance to (non-islamic) minorities? OK....not much to say past it if you can't (or will not more likely) connect the dots there.

Sure you can also deny the volume of reach of something, however big past your bubble...as simply "untrue" as well...and as much as you want to.

The point isn't it far more credible than anything that stays in that bubble by force? After all that bubble is seeming on average totally fine with a 95% political verdict. Thats a huge amount of crediblity it thus has to introspect, debate and challenge itself.....voicing the basic problems to begin with must be mere child-play in comparison for sure. :rolleyes1:

I mean cartoons totally dont get clamped down upon, facebook groups and forums like this one dont require VPN....and myriad of other wonderful credible ingredients are all there in the mix too.

Because neither have I ever made any acquaintance with BD Hindus either....I totally haven't had long deep talks with them about the good and bad in BD....their fears and aspirations...and how those all change in different eras in modern history. It's all just such a foreign strange topic I know nothing about.

Everything is just super peachy and hunky dory. Got it. Thanks.:closed:

haha this last two video is funny:

It is high time that Government of Bangladesh recognize Sylheti as language own its own right and declare Sylhet Division as its unique part of Bangladesh and help preserve its heritage within Bangladesh.

Lol, very funny.

1) its Sylheti, not Bengali.
2) he speaks pure Sylheti. I believe he is Sylheti however if he is a Pakistani than its very impressive.

You really don't see how rising islamism cuts against tolerance to (non-islamic) minorities? OK....not much to say past it if you can't (or will not more likely) connect the dots there.

Of course extremism is a problem for minorities and also for muslims. Because people with extremist mentality are not really following Islam, rather following a cult of their own concoction. To extremists, even practicing Muslims are viewed as "Kafirs" if anyone does not subscribe to their version of the religion. This is what has been described as Khwarij mentality and what we were warned about by our Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).

Are there instances of abuse against minorities in Bangladesh? Of course, there are cases and unfortunate true stories. But in the majority of cases, it is tied to property grabbing local influential political thugs, rather than gang of extremists trying to get Bengal rid of Hindus.

But those are separate discussion on its own.

The discussion we were having regarding the liar Priya Saha, who blatantly lied in front of Trump. She made it sound as if there was a holocaust on-going against Hindus in Bangladesh. Which is absolutely not the case. Her lies were so baseless that even her own organization refused to back her in public. And this organization is not known to be quiet in face of any threat. They are well backed and funded by our neighbour to the West.

Every discussion has its place and context.

That is because most of the Sylheti people are not aware of it, and was blindly fed that Sylheti was part of Bengali language, Sylhetis are Bangladeshi but Sylheti language is separate language own its own right. Many many young generations are slowly realizing and learning about the Sylheti language and it’s heritage, it has nothing to do with India or Separatism as most Sylhetis like myself are proud Sylheti Bangladeshi origin. We simply want the language to be taught and protected in Sylhet Division otherwise it will banish like other languages around the world. You did not clearly study or research, Sylheti is not a dialect of Bangla, it is a separate language own its own right. Do some research first. But Sylhetis are proud Bangladeshis but it’s is time their language is also recognized and protected in Bangladesh.

Just like here in the United States, ever state has its own laws, economic policies, regionalism within strong national identity actually promote competitions and thus encourage development and discovery and innovation, may you will not understand this basic concepts as well.

Just like here in the United States, ever state has its own laws, economic policies, regionalism within strong national identity actually promote competitions and thus encourage development and discovery and innovation, maybe you will not understand this basic concepts as well. This is how Europe also developed other parts of the world as they were competing against each other to discover and innovate new things. That would also work well within one strong national identity.

I think you should first read up on US history if you are really from the US. Under the right kind of political climate, a big lot of those in the Southern States will gladly join hands to form their own confederacy.

Being proud of your language is one thing, but pushing an agenda where there is absolutely no need for it, is nothing but suspicious, to say the least.

Of course extremism is a problem for minorities and also for muslims. Because people with extremist mentality are not really following Islam, rather following a cult of their own concoction. To extremists, even practicing Muslims are viewed as "Kafirs" if anyone does not subscribe to their version of the religion. This is what has been described as Khwarij mentality and what we were warned about by our Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).

Are there instances of abuse against minorities in Bangladesh? Of course, there are cases and unfortunate true stories. But in the majority of cases, it is tied to property grabbing local influential political thugs, rather than gang of extremists trying to get Bengal rid of Hindus.

The discussion we were having regarding the liar Priya Saha, who blatantly lied in front of Trump. She made it sound as if there was a holocaust on-going against Hindus in Bangladesh. Which is absolutely not the case. Her lies were so baseless that even her own organization refused to back her in public. And this organization is not known to be quiet in face of any threat. They are well backed and funded by our neighbour to the West.

I think you should first read up on US history if you are really from the US. Under the right kind of political climate, a big lot of those in the Southern States will gladly join hands to form their own confederacy.

Being proud of your language is one thing, but pushing an agenda where there is absolutely no need for it, is nothing but suspicious, to say the least.

There in an urgent need to help and protect the Sylheti language in Sylhet Division in Bangladesh, you may not be able comprehend it properly, you cannot remove Sylheti language and it’s rich Islamic heritage by your Kolkata Sanskrit dominated Bengalism. Sooner you accept it and recognize it it will also also better for greater Bangladesh as well. Alienating and disrespecting my fellow Sylheti Bangladeshis and our language will only cause division I am sure which you don’t want as Bangladesh has more pressing issues to tackle like the rise of RSS Menance in South Asia.and I majored in US history so please do not lecture me.

Lol, very funny.

1) its Sylheti, not Bengali.
2) he speaks pure Sylheti. I believe he is Sylheti however if he is a Pakistani than its very impressive.
Yes it is very impressive, indeed.

InshaAllah it will happen just like how Berber language was recognized in Algeria and Morocco as well. As more and more Sylheti people in Bangladesh are learning about their Sylheti language and their rich Islamic heritage, they will also demand it to be Protected and preserved.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-africa-35515769

Last edited:
Sorry but my syhleti/bengali is poor, I have syhleti roots, when I was in dhaka could understand airport workers their dhaka tongue.

If you look at history syhlet has been, in the Bengal power than assam, then is got passed over to assam for bit.

So your the fascist for denying bengali influence in the syhlet region.

Are you a Hindu dirt bag posing as a bd poster? Now that's the mystery.
No scum, I am a Sylheti Bangladeshi Muslim American and many people here and in Sylhet division don’t think Sylheti is part of Bengali language, you cannot force people you. Sylheti is a language and international community is slowly also trying to preserve this language from extinction from an ethnofascist like yourself, who is against linguistic diversity and tolerance. Sylheti language will only get strengthened along with Arabic in Bangladesh (Sylhet Division) as the work is underway in London and USA. Many people are slowly learning about their linguistic heritage.

I resent this weirdos proposition that shyleties are marginalised.

What does it mean....make it a official language in shylet alongside bangla.... it already is. Do shyleti kids go to some special school or have special language classes.....no. how is it that in shylet everyone speaks shyleti?

The historical shyleti script is no big deal. If people wish to learn it who is stoping it?

Should GOB do something ..... someone needs to point out what needs to be done cause i am flumoxed as to how shyleti is much different from bangla....whatever the latter is that this kid imagines it to be.

My back ground is from dhaka, my wife is shyleti with loads of intermarriage between regions in the family. I am as yet to see any issues ever in my life.

Can anyone here actually give some concrete example of this being issue.

I will maintain this is a malicious and retarded thread.

Attaching the language tree....assamese is merely an offshoot of bangla.... chittagonian and shyleti....its all basicly the same thing....

If people wish to preserve uniqueness of these dialects.... as i said before...go ahead...no one is stopping it. Its not an issue.

View attachment 630523

Can we ban this guy?

This guy does not see the danger in regional divisions, look at ukraine, it's torn between Russia pull and the west. It has mainly got to do with high porportion Russian speakers that are loyal to russia.

India has been trying for decades to give bd problems, having a region that identify closer to an Indian region rather than it's own state, Bd, could be Indias golden egg.

No scum, I am a Sylheti Bangladeshi Muslim American and many people here and in Sylhet division don’t think Sylheti is part of Bengali language, you cannot force people you. Sylheti is a language and international community is slowly also trying to preserve this language from extinction from an ethnofascist like yourself, who is against linguistic diversity and tolerance. Sylheti language will only get strengthened along with Arabic in Bangladesh (Sylhet Division) as the work is underway in London and USA. Many people are slowly learning about their linguistic heritage.

upload_2020-5-8_2-39-7.png

Triggered!

Can we ban this guy?

This guy does not see the danger in regional divisions, look at ukraine, it's torn between Russia pull and the west. It has mainly got to do with high porportion Russian speakers that are loyal to russia.

India has been trying for decades to give bd problems, having a region that identify closer to an Indian region rather than it's own state, Bd, could be Indias golden egg.
Recognition of Sylheti language it’s due rights in Sylhet division has nothing to with India, in fact Sylheti language is more close to Farsi and Arabic and Urdu as well, due to its rich Islamic heritage unlike Bengali which is Kolkata and Sanskrit dominated for the most part. You ethnofascist cannot take force Sylheti people in Bangladesh to forget their language and it’s rich Islamic heritage. Sylheti language is here to stay and survive and prosper in Bangladesh and it will soon be recognized by will of Almighty Allah in Bangladesh.

First and foremost Muslim Sylheti Bangladeshis are more pious and more Religious, they would never join India, not even in a million years . Sylhet is a land of Shah Jalal remember that!

Last edited:
Not for the first time , but for the second time . Here is another ! :lol:

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/sylheti-is-a-language-on-its-own-right.663760/page-5#post-12306949
Why the poster got triggered so fast !Wondering if it could be the Achilles' heel!

Please read my latest post on language/dialect debate.
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/a-language-is-a-dialect-with-an-army-and-a-navy.665125/

Language is basically a political term and it will always have political ramifications.

My post gets deleted for being offensive? He called me scum and calling others retarded + ethno facists. Even though I am 100% syhleti by blood.

Syhleti is heavily related to bengali.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom