What's new

Sylheti is a language on its own right.

hmmm why dont your pethatic logic start from your own home, why indian think its their duty to devide other countries but cry like Bi4c# when it comes to india.. india needs to devide itself into 20 countries. all these RSS goons can live in mahrastra.
I only see the Pakistani and Bdeshi posters dreaming of division..

Ethno fascist Bangladeshis need to be called out for discriminating against their minorities.

Are there some interesting books written in Sylheti language such as dictionaries, Grammer etc ? A newspaper ? Cooking books for Sylheti caterings ?
You need an established literature to be considered an independent language. Government can never give birth a language by enacting laws. Do you also expect your government to create even the Sylheti literature for you ? Even in Bengali proper , there are not many quality materials available besides poetry/ novels if you talk about higher academic education.

Last edited:
I only see the Pakistani and Bdeshi posters dreaming of division..

Ethno fascist Bangladeshis need to be called out for discriminating against their minorities.
like i said you need to look at your home and divide it in 20 atleast countries. or just STFU.

like i said you need to look at your home and divide it in 20 atleast countries. or just STFU.
Why is your posterior on fire?

Your erstwhile country was already bifurcated once, keep up with it and see the rest of it quartered.

Btw, your country too isn't far off when it comes to disregarding local languages in favour of an imposed one.

https://indianexpress.com/article/n...-india-bangladesh-border-for-11-days-6359439/

Locals from Kathalchari and Amtali village in the vicinity allege they saw Border Guards of Bangladesh (BGB) abetting a group of Bangladeshi nationals prod the woman to enter India. Similar accounts of this have surfaced from three different places at three different times, all on April 2.

Rupam Basak, another eyewitness from Kathalchari, said, “We never go to the river. BSF personnel have strictly prohibited us from bathing, fishing, or even going near it. But the Bangladeshis frequently come, steal our vegetables and our cattle. This woman is a Bangladeshi and she was pushed inside the Indian territory by Bangladeshi people. We also saw BGB guys standing inactive, watching as the events transpired.”

This happened right in front of a BGB Border Out Post (BOP) at Ramgarh village on the Bangladesh side, the locals said. They have photographs of the incident, they claimed.

suman Debnath, a youth from Amtali, said he saw a team of BGB personnel armed with sticks pushing the woman inside Indian territory late night on April 2.

Debnath, along with a few others from the village, later went to meet her on the ‘char land’. She told them she was not ‘authorised’ to divulge her name, address or other details.

Meanwhile, similar reports came from a place roughly 100 meters away from Amtali village and from Samarganj, another village in the same sub-division. A young woman and a 45-year old man, both reportedly mentally unstable, were identified in both places in the past 24 hours. They later returned to Bangladesh after a meeting between corresponding sector commanders of both border guard forces, BSF officials said.

Locals say this is a pattern, where mentally unstable people are often pushed into India from Bangladesh.

At least 18 such people from Bangladesh are currently under treatment at Modern Psychiatric Hospital in Agartala

good job BGB:D:D

Your erstwhile country was already bifurcated once, keep up with it and see the rest of it quartered.

Btw, your country too isn't far off when it comes to disregarding local languages in favour of an imposed one.
If that is so, why isn’t Sylheti language recognized in Barak Valley ?

Why isn’t Barak Valley part of Bangladesh (Sylhet Division in Bangladesh) ? Can anyone explains ugh it’s pains me to see them separated from modern day Sylhet Division. Many actually want join rest of the Sylhet division and be a part of greater Bangladesh from my understanding.

Last edited:
If that is so, why isn’t Sylheti language recognized in Barak Valley ?
Who told you it's not recognised? Sylheti is the lingua franca there.

Unlike the Bangladeshis, we haven't imposed our Assamese on the minorities. It is very much a state official language down there.

Why isn’t Barak Valley part of Bangladesh
Because almost equal numbers of Sylhetis wanted to be a part of India, Barak is their homeland.

Those sylhetis from Moulvi Bazar also voted to be a part of India. Unfortunately, after the referendum and during '71 the radical Bangladeshis drove the Sylhetis out to Barak, and we Assamese provided them with refuge..

well start from Hindustan rangoon bangladesh india nepal srilanka bhutan came out from Hindustan. who ever have more hate for minorities will divide further, and i see no more hater than present india which has good size and many languages.
so based on your suggestion it cud divide 20 times on language bases
10 religious
5 on ethinic
save your house which is already on fire. or just STFU.

Ugh it’s pains me to see Karimganj was excluded another blunder by the British, it should have joined EP (Bangladesh) like rest of the Sylhet Division.

This guy was a fool, these people must be facing rampant racism and discrimination in India, like rest of the Indian Muslims:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdul_Matlib_Mazumdar

why isnt Sylheti recognized as a separate language in Barak Valley ?

Last edited:
This guy was a fool, these people must be facing rampant racism and discrimination in India, like rest of the Indian Muslims.
This guy and scores of other Hindu n Muslim Sylhetis knew that their language would never be accepted in Bangladesh. Too bad that the rest of you gullible folks were lead astray by the ML.

There is still time for you, rise up in revolt and join your Sylheti brothers in India..

This guy and scores of other Hindu n Muslim Sylhetis knew that their language would never be accepted in Bangladesh. Too bad that the rest of you gullible folks were lead astray by the ML.

There is still time for you, rise up in revolt and join your Sylheti brothers in India..
We will never do that. Never join India not in a zillion years, just look at the standard of living in Barak Valley compare to Sylhet Division in Bangladesh. Proud Sylheti Bangladeshi Origin here
We will work toward getting our language recognized, as I mentioned earlier, they can join Sylhet Division and be a part of greater Bangladesh if they wish to for all of the right reasons: development, opportunity, better standard of living and for personal liberty and freedom of religion and pursuit of happiness. End of debate I will be interested to learn more about historical facts though.

Last edited:
We will work toward getting our language recognized, as I mentioned earlier
The rest of the Bangladeshis won't just let you have your way until you agitate for your rights. Your Bangladesh is envisioned as an unitary monolithic state, no place for linguistic minorities. They are yet to grant autonomy to CHT as envisioned in the accord.

Are there some interesting books written in Sylheti language such as dictionaries, Grammer etc ? A newspaper ? Cooking books for Sylheti caterings ?
You need an established literature to be considered an independent language. Government can never give birth a language by enacting laws. Do you also expect your government to create even the Sylheti literature for you ? Even in Bengali proper , there are not many quality materials available besides poetry/ novels if you talk about higher academic education.
Finally we are on the right path, I suppose there were many books and lost literature that are being preserved right now. I can post it at a later time.

Sylhetis are proud to be Bangladeshi. Do not try to spin it otherwise, however we do like to preserve our language and it’s unique heritage within Bangladesh . Lastly Assam should join Sylhet division and be part of greater Bangladesh including Bihar (as it was part of Sultanate of Bengal) to enjoy the better standard of living and get more opportunities as well.

Listen kid no one is stopping syhleties from protecting their language. When was the last time you been to BD? This is the most dumbest non issue ever.

Each region in BD has its dialects and each region preserves it. No one is seeking domination because there is no need none of these are so different that we can not understand one another.

As to kulkatan third grade bengali....no one is seeking to mimik that bullshit.

You are living in your bubble away from BD without knowing the ground reality there. But a more probable reality is you are a false flagging hindutva turd failing to create an issue.

Listen kid no one is stopping syhleties from protecting their language. When was the last time you been to BD? This is the most dumbest non issue ever.

Each region in BD has its dialects and each region preserves it. No one is seeking domination because there is no need none of these are so different that we can not understand one another.

As to kulkatan third grade bengali....no one is seeking to mimik that bullshit.

You are living in your bubble away from BD without knowing the ground reality there. But a more probable reality is you are a false flagging hindutva turd failing to create an issue.

upload_2020-5-7_13-11-45.png

That back and forth reminded me of these 2 guys.

Sylhet is a part of Bangladesh.

Case closed.

Just like Texas is a part of the United States.

Ponder on that a bit.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom