What's new

Sylheti is a language on its own right.

Factually incorrect! A more pragmatic viewpoint would be that the Sylhetis hailing from present day BD try their best to convince the other Bangladeshis of their patriotism.

Do remember that equal numbers of Sylheti Hindus and Muslims are from India too, and they are staunch nationalists.

Also, it was a Muslim Sylheti amongst others due to whose efforts leaders of Pakistan were unable to usurp the Barak valley of Assam.

The map you shared is a figment of your imagination, most commonly found among the daydreaming Jamaatis..

The so called map you shared is just another Bhakt wet dream . If you are a firm believer in it , come an take it dear keyboard warrior .

Buddy it has already been said in this posts thread by multiple members that no one is against the idea of preserving sylheti , CTG languages .it is non issue . We support it whole heatedly . There is even an institute in Dhaka that works towards preserving and research of languages all over the world .
Mate you show me one good logic for having a thread like this other than giving Sanghi trolls excuses to spread their propaganda before asking me to be logical .
I see MashAllah, I understand your concerns, we should not give RSS an opening to divide us I totally agree.

The so called map you shared is just another Bhakt wet dream . If you are a firm believer in it , come an take it dear keyboard warrior .
Dinajpur stone inscription of the Koches:
IMG_20200507_115055.jpg

Nidhanpur copper plate inscription from Sylhet belonging to the Kamrupa empire:
images (2).jpeg

What is the point of this non sensical thread? Who gives a crap about sylheti being a different dialect or language for that matter. No one in BD would have an issue with it being declared as such.... there would be no opposition. There is no such movement and if it ever arises they would be pushing against an open door. This is simply not an issue to anyone at all anywhere within BD. Pure retarded thread.

One of the key advantages bangladesh has over India and Pakistan is that it is considered to be a ethno-lingustic state that's homogeneous. I.e mostly bengali.

This is one the reasons even through political turmoil and hardship that bangladesh remained more stable than other states that have etho-linu divisions.

Being a homogeneous country is an advantage for Bangladeshis economy, which help it to excel more faster.

Having no ethno-lingusitc tensions and being homogeneous is an advantage, but short sighted people want to take that away.

Dinajpur stone inscription of the Koches:View attachment 630301

Nidhanpur copper plate inscription from Sylhet belonging to the Kamrupa empire:
View attachment 630302
Sylheti language would be recognized and protected in Greater Bangladesh, you guys can get more development and have better opportunities and standard of living. Take a look at Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, United States and Canada where multiple languages exist, this is not an issue, illiteracy and not giving people their universal human rights is the issue.

One of the key advantages bangladesh has over India and Pakistan is that it is considered to be a ethno-lingustic state that's homogeneous. I.e mostly bengali.

This is one the reasons even through political turmoil and hardship that bangladesh remained more stable than other states that have etho-linu divisions.

Being a homogeneous country is an advantage for Bangladeshis economy, which help it to excel more faster.

Having no ethno-lingusitc tensions and being homogeneous is an advantage, but short sighted people want to take that away.
There are many countries in Europe has multiple languages and ethnicities, this is not an issue, root cause of the problem is illiteracy, and corruption, not giving every citizens equal rights, Bangladeshi people are one of the most hard working people in South Asia. Bangladesh would be a beacon of hope in South Asia where tolerance and multiculturalism will flourish, hope greater Bangladeshi dream can also be achieved one day. I do understand your concerns though.

Last edited:
Sylheti language would be recognized and protected in Greater Bangladesh, you guys can get more development and have better opportunities and standard of living.
Except that it is not. Sylhetis there are forced to speak in the Dhaka version of Bengal, even in your own division.

Whereas, in my state and country, they have the full liberty of conversing in their mother tongue.

It is you people who need to unshackle yourselves from the linguistic bondage imposed on you. We are ever ready to lend you a helping hand should you seek our assistance..

M
Except that it is not. Sylhetis there are forced to speak in the Dhaka version of Bengal, even in your own division.

Whereas, in my state and country, they have the full liberty of conversing in their mother tongue.

It is you people who need to unshackle yourselves from the linguistic bondage imposed on you. We are ever ready to lend you a helping hand should you seek our assistance..
Yes but our religious identity is greater than linguistic identity. 99.999 percent of Sylhetis view it this way as well, that is why they have chose to join EP(Bangladesh) to be freer from religious persecution and rampant discrimination you guys should join us and together we can protect Sylheti language within Greater Bangladesh and enjoy the best living standard in South Asia! We would also protect your religious rights and liberty, and pursuit of happiness, We will never accept being a slave in India and not get development and enjoy the basic human rights and best standard of living in this 21st century. India is a mess.

Last edited:
Yes but our religious identity is greater than linguistic identity. 99.999 percent of Sylhetis view it this way as well, you guys should join us and together we can protect Sylheti language within Greater Bangladesh and enjoy the best living standard in South Asia!
C'mon, who are you kidding. A muslim Sylheti has more affinity for a Hindu Sylheti who speaks his tongue and shares many of his culture/traditions rather than someone from faraway Chittagong or Dhaka. To put it very honestly, they make fun of the way you guys speak amongst yourselves.

Sylheti language would be recognized and protected in Greater Bangladesh, you guys can get more development and have better opportunities and standard of living.

There are many countries in Europe has multiple languages and ethnicities, this is not an issue, root cause of the problem is illiteracy, and corruption, not giving every citizens equal rights, Bangladeshi people are one of the most hard working people in South Asia. Bangladesh would be a beacon of hope in South Asia where tolerance and multiculturalism will flourish, hope greater Bangladeshi dream can also be achieved one day. I do understand your concerns though.

Europe had its fair share of turmoil and they nearly annihilated each other, the only reason they made a come back is that they pillaged the world it's wealth, and put them in debt to europe.

Also Europeans control over empire is another thing that kept them united.

Europe is on a different scale to south asia and it more responsible to compare bangladesh to more comparable nations that is in it's region I.e pak and india.

C'mon, who are you kidding. A muslim Sylheti has more affinity for a Hindu Sylheti who speaks his tongue and shares many of his culture/traditions rather than someone from faraway Chittagong or Dhaka. To put it very honestly, they make fun of the way you guys speak amongst yourselves.
That is true so join Sylhet division and be a part of greater Bangladesh where we can both help preserve our language and enjoy the best standard of living irrespective or their religion, race and caste system, we do not want to be part of mess India is, never in a zillions of years and live like slave, look at your state and look where Sylhet division in Bangladesh is when it comes to development and standard of living, you would know that it is better for you to be part of greater Bangladesh where you can practice your religion, culture and preserve your Sylheti linguistic heritage as well, we will make it happen, Sylheti language would get it recognition sooner or later within Bangladesh. Bangladeshi model is much better than India where caste systems and many other things hold you back. Sylheti people will protect your rights in greater Bangladesh!

Sylhetis Join EP(Bangladesh) to escape from religious persecution, rampant descrimition and caste system bigotry, join Bangladesh and we will protect your religious liberty and human dignity and we can also help preserve our Sylheti heritage together within greater Bangladesh.

That is true so join Sylhet division and be a part of greater Bangladesh where we can both help preserve our language and enjoy the best standard of living irrespective or their religion, race and caste system, we do not want to be part of mess India is,
We don't need to join anyone, we have our own state where our language and culture is flourishing.

Unlike the Bangladeshis who trample on your rights, the Sylheti ethnic minorities here have full freedom from my state and country to practice their language. See the difference?

Unlike the persecuted Sylhetis of Bangladesh, i doubt if any Sylheti from my state will create threads lamenting about the imposition of a foreign language on them..

Sylhet is part of Bangladesh and Bengali is a lingua Franca of Bangladesh, do they would obviously speak in Bengali, but Sylheti language would be recognized and protected and be taught in Sylhet division in Bangladesh, this would change as more and more people from other division are learning about Sylhet divisions heritage and history, it will happen sooner or later, all nation state needs a lingua Franca, so I don’t know what is your point it.

We don't need to join anyone, we have our own state where our language and culture is flourishing.

Unlike the Bangladeshis who trample on your rights, the Sylheti ethnic minorities here have full freedom from my state and country to practice their language. See the difference?

Unlike the persecuted Sylhetis of Bangladesh, i doubt if any Sylheti from my state will create threads lamenting about the imposition of a foreign language on them..
I slightly agree and I believe it will change soon in Bangladeshi part of Sylhet division as well. I think it’s due to many Sylheti people not being aware of their linguistic heritage, it will be recognized. But regardless we still have better standard of living and are living discrimination free and Sylhetis are proud Bangladeshis, you will get many more development within greater Bangladesh.

Sylhetis Join EP(Bangladesh) to escape from religious persecution, rampant descrimition and caste system bigotry,
What discrimination are you talking about? Please be reminded that the PM of pre independent Assam was a muslim. Unlike the Bangladeshis, our people were always inherently tolerant. And as i have said, Sylhetis already held high bureaucratic posts here.

Back in the day, Sylhet was the educational hub. Now it's a breeding ground for you-know-what..

EP barely managed to hold onto Sylhet inspite of the botched referendum. It's time now to return back to your roots where you'll be treated with respect and dignity.

What discrimination are you talking about? Please be reminded that the PM of pre independent Assam was a muslim. Unlike the Bangladeshis, our people were always inherently tolerant. And as i have said, Sylhetis already held high bureaucratic posts here.

Back in the day, Sylhet was the educational hub. Now it's a breeding ground for you-know-what..

EP barely managed to hold onto Sylhet inspite of the botched referendum. It's time now to return back to your roots where you'll be treated with respect and dignity.
I am sorry we can clearly see how Muslims are being persecuted in your mess called India, no thanks. I will take religious freedom, basic human rights, liberty, and persuit of happiness over my linguistic identity if it comes down to this point, but it will not, Sylheti language would get it recognition in Bangladesh and Bangladesh will be a beacon of hope in South Asia.

Not at all surprising to see no reply here from the ethno fascist Bangladeshis.

They just wouldn't accept any linguistic or ethnic diversity there.

Sylhetis deserve recognition, autonomy, and in time the freedom to decide in due course whether to dissociate from the autocratic state and re-join their NE Indian brothers.

Sylheti language is flourishing in NE India, here it is upto them to further their glorious culture, Hindus and Muslims alike.
hmmm why dont your pethatic logic start from your own home, why indian think its their duty to devide other countries but cry like Bi4c# when it comes to india.. india needs to devide itself into 20 countries. all these RSS goons can live in mahrastra.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom