What's new

Sylheti is a language on its own right.

I don't understand why Bangalis consider Silotis as Bangalis? I am a Siloti, Siloti is my mother language, I do communicate in Siloti, I can read and write the Siloti Nagri script. On the contrary, I don't understand Bangla and Bangali/s. Also, I can't even speak, read & write Bangla/Bangali. Yet, am I still a Bangali??

Sorry but to whom were you communicating using nagri script? No one I know of has used that language in Sylhet.

Cannot believe PDF had a Sylheti thread!

And I missed it!!

@UKBengali
@EasyNow

In Sylhet, only Sylheti and English should be taught.

English medium schools with Sylheti as mother tongue!

It will also make it easier for Sylhetis to integrate with their British and American relatives 🤣🤣🤣

British school kids can spend winter in Sylheti schools 😂

I missed this too I think

Sylheti and Noakhali are quite different than suddho bengali but not enough to be their own language, still a dialect imo, but yeah hard to say when a dialect ends and language begins.

It’s the grammar and vocabulary that makes a language.

Scottish and American English are not grammatically different.

But Sylheti and Kolkata bangla are sufficiently different.

Sorry but to whom were you communicating using nagri script? No one I know of has used that language in Sylhet.

I missed this too I think

Sylheti script is dead like the Welsh script.

The Welsh are now reviving it.

Street signs are now in Welsh and English.

But well there are no known rules to determine what is sufficient, some say dialect becomes a language when it has it's own army :D

Sylheti script is dead like the Welsh script.

The Welsh are now reviving it.

Street signs are now in Welsh and English.

That guy is not a Sylheti. The writing is so blatantly contrived - with mistakes in all the wrong places. The entire post is spelt impeccably but he wilfully spells place names ridiculously. Fakistan, Silot?!

What person can write English like that and not know the spelling of their own district?

That guy is not a Sylheti. The writing is so blatantly contrived - with mistakes in all the wrong places. The entire post is spelt impeccably but he wilfully spells place names ridiculously. Fakistan, Silot?!

What person can write English like that and not know the spelling of their own district?

Hindu Sylheti?

That would explain the spelling of Pakistan 🤣

Untitled.jpg

he is posting from someplace in BD. ask a mod for exact location

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom