What's new

Sylheti is a language on its own right.

If you are a Bangladeshi, then for the love of your country STOP ENTERTAINING THE OUTSIDERS with this thread where they can watch Bangladeshis bad mouth each other.
Yes but they can badmouth 13% percent productive Sylheti citizens of Bangladesh for simply trying to protect its language from going to into extinction. It doesn’t work like that, it only shows their complete disrespect and complete disregard. Even British people who has no relation with these people care about it as it is a just thing to do. But our fellow Bangladeshi citizens from other division who live with us and share a nation with us are trying to suppress it, when they should be part of the solution to save their fellow Bangladeshi part of Sylhet Division’s unique ethno-linguistic heritage. It only shows their pure ethno-fascism and homogeneous puritanical views. Those views shows their complete disregard for diversity, pluralism and linguistic diversity that already exist in Bangladesh. Luckily civil society isn’t like that. So he can live in his lala land and cry, it won’t stop it from getting its long overdue recognition in the very near future. InshaAllah :-)

Now let’s all enjoy a nice Sylheti song lol. It’s Ramadan so I probably shouldn’t be listening to this.

Last edited:
Those who are plotting by sitting in London and America about imposing ''Sylheti language'' in entire Sylhet division should abandon their absurd fantasy. Any attempt of it will be resisted by the people of all four district in Sylhet division, more so by Sunamganj and Habiganj.
Please cool down brother . Because of slight difference of opinion such words should not be used , for someone who is very old user and a proven patriot Bangladeshi ( I believe it) .

And about the USA guy , I must now say something overtly . The one who is sitting in USA has started all the BS since few days with an intention and the Intention is to sow the seed of bitterness between us ( Bangladeshi )I believe , and the intention is divide and rule .

You see he joined at 22 April 2020 . I also have very good reason to think like @Old School that the work is of some Assam people who always had fight with us about Sylhet and CHT.

However where was he (USA guy) in those days before 22 April ? Why suddenly someone's Sylheti nationality (wtf is that I have no idea though ) got so high that he suddenly registered here and started posting cra.p here?

You see he is successful ,as already bitterness is growing here between us . Please calm down and try to understand wisely.

I think alongside with USA living guy ( who is too much defensive and apologetic) we should focus on this specific guy who is distorting the good thread with his off topic and meaningless posts , please take a look again .

Bangladesh is developing at a good pace and that became a headache for others . So now they will try their best to divide and rule us at all cost .That was unbelievable few days ago . Divide and rule is very ancient and dirty trick so we have to be very careful when writing some message brother!

With rest of your post I agree completely (about language).

@Homo Sapiens

Last edited:
Please cool down brother . Because of slight difference of opinion such words should not be used , for someone who is very old user and a proven patriot Bangladeshi ( I believe it) .

And about the USA guy , I must now say something overtly . The one who is sitting in USA has started all the BS since few days with an intention and the Intention is to sow the seed of bitterness between us ( Bangladeshi )I believe , and the intention is divide and rule .

You see he joined at 22 April 2020 . I also have very good reason to think like @Old School that the work is of some Assam people who always had fight with us about Sylhet and CTG .

However where was he (USA guy) in those days before 22 April ? Why suddenly someone's Sylheti nationality (wtf is that I have no idea though ) got so high that he suddenly registered here and started posting cra.p and start divide and rule ?

You see he is successful ,as already bitterness is growing here between us . Please calm down and try to understand wisely.

I think alongside with USA living guy ( who is too much defensive and apologetic) we should focus on this specific guy who is distorting the good thread with his off topic and meaningless posts , please take a look again .

@Homo Sapiens
For your information due to Covid 19 pandemic I have lots of free time at hand. I am a Muslim Sylheti Bangladeshi American stop being melo-dramatic and emotional. Sylehti language will Flourish and will be recognized in Bangladesh. Ramadan Mubarak to you all emotional ethno-fascists brats:

PS: Here is a another song, perhaps we shouldn’t listen in the holy month of Ramdan:

For your information due to Covid 19 pandemic I have lots of free time at hand. I am a Muslim Sylheti Bangladeshi American stop being melo-dramatic and emotional. Sylehti language will Flourish and will be recognized in Bangladesh. Ramadan Mubarak to you all emotional ethno-fascists brats:

PS: Here is a another song, perhaps we shouldn’t listen in the holy month of Ramdan:

Sorry bud I don't really entertain false flag accusations and the like.

But there is something very off about you.

If you really say who you are, then very well.

Good luck, live and let live like I have always seen regarding Syhletis amongst the whole of Bengalis I have come across.

Granted, I am FAR removed from Bangladesh, but in my many dealings with Bengali people in the US, no one really cares one way or the other about the things you are talking about.

But if its truly a language thing, by all means, keep speaking it and enjoy your heritage.

But even the scent of opening discord amongst Bangladeshis is unacceptable.

Sorry bud I don't really entertain false flag accusations and the like.

But there is something very off about you.

If you really say who you are, then very well.

Good luck, live and let live like I have always seen regarding Syhletis amongst the whole of Bengalis I have come across.

Granted, I am FAR removed from Bangladesh, but in my many dealings with Bengali people in the US, no one really cares one way or the other about the things you are talking about.

But if its truly a language thing, by all means, keep speaking it and enjoy your heritage.

But even the scent of opening discord amongst Bangladeshis is unacceptable.
Yes I consider myself to be one of the lucky person to become aware of our unique ethno-linguistic heritage after researching brother, my sole goal is save this language from going into extinction, hence why I opened this thread, to raise awareness!!. Anyhow I have explained myself repeatedly in above (previous) posts. But these ethno-fascists brats keep getting offended for no reasons.

PS: we are all Bangladeshi, regardless of where we are from in Bangladesh, at the time same time I can also love and work on protecting Sylheti language and it’s unique ethno-lingual status from going into extinction in Bangladesh. I am a proud Bangladeshi origin American as well.

It’s Ramadan as well.

here is another song you guys can listen to and get entertained if you want:
[/QUOTE]

You see he joined at 22 April 2020 . I also have very good reason to think like @Old School that the work is of some Assam people who always had fight with us about Sylhet and CHT.

However where was he (USA guy) in those days before 22 April ? Why suddenly someone's Sylheti nationality (wtf is that I have no idea though ) got so high that he suddenly registered here and started posting cra.p here?

Bangladesh is developing at a good pace and that became a headache for others . So now they will try their best to divide and rule us at all cost .That was unbelievable few days ago . Divide and rule is very ancient and dirty trick so we have to be very careful when writing some message brother!

@Homo Sapiens
They are trying to create 'Kurdish problem' in Bangladesh. RAW have found some unemployed, welfare leeches in UK, USA (also within Bangladesh) to create discord among Bangladeshi people. Their first mission is to whisper to the Bangladeshi Sylheti people that, they are not the same as other people of Bangladesh! they are distinct! once this lie get established, will come the demands for federation, autonomy and lastly referendum to secede with the help of ''well wishers'' across the border. We all know the usual pattern. But they will never succeed Inshallah. Bangladeshi Sylheti people are nothing like some of the RAW implants in London and USA. Bangladeshi Sylhetis are as patriotic as any other part of Bangladesh. They will never fall for this vicious plot.

Last edited:
They are trying to create 'Kurdish problem' in Bangladesh. RAW found some unemployed, welfare leeches in UK, USA to create discord among Bangladeshi people. Their first mission is to whisper to the Bangladeshi Sylheti people that, they are not the same as other people of Bangladesh! they are distinct! once this lie established, will come the demand of federation, autonomy and lastly referendum to secede with the help of ''well wisher'' across the border. We all know the usual pattern. But they will not succeed Inshallah. Bangladeshi Sylheti people are nothing like some of the RAW implant in London and USA. Bangladeshi Sylhetis are as patriotic as any other part of Bangladesh. They will never fall for this vicious plot.
Who are you determine what is lie and what is not, you’re from where, who are you and what do you do? Do you even have a job. Sylhetis are unique part of Bangladesh, you can cry us a river, your stronk words is very stronk we see.
They are trying to create 'Kurdish problem' in Bangladesh. RAW found some unemployed, welfare leeches in UK, USA(also within Bangladesh) to create discord among Bangladeshi people. Their first mission is to whisper to the Bangladeshi Sylheti people that, they are not the same as other people of Bangladesh! they are distinct! once this lie established, will come the demand of federation, autonomy and lastly referendum to secede with the help of ''well wisher'' across the border. We all know the usual pattern. But they will not succeed Inshallah. Bangladeshi Sylheti people are nothing like some of the RAW implant in London and USA. Bangladeshi Sylhetis are as patriotic as any other part of Bangladesh. They will never fall for this vicious plot.
blah blah blah you’re pathetic ethno-facist brat, cry us a river. Do you even have a job, other than posting crap, Bangladesh has many indigenous languages, you don’t represent anything but yourself, and you and your ethno-fascists views are also being discarded in Bangladesh for diversity and pluralism. Your cultural and linguistic fascism has no place in Modern, economically healthy and strong Bangladeshi Muslim identity. You probably drink too much Bengalism cola than Bangladeshi Kola, time for you find something else for a living. Bangladesh has few other indigenous languages as well based on my research they all will be respected and preserved InshAllah, Bangladesh will be a role model in South Asia for pluralism diversity and where indigenous languages can also flourish. Your stronk words don’t mean anything as you have zero control over reality and future. Time to stop drinking Bengalism and and love Bangladeshism if you are a proud Bangladeshi as you claim to be.

@SylhetiBDeshiAmerican , Enough man now stop!

Internet o aiya non Sylheti okholtor loge cillaiya kicchu oito nay re ba. Afne judi NewYork o thakhoin te hikanor Sylhet Association or Leader okholter loge e topic loiya matoin. Okhon Allahr waste bad dein...
Aicha bhai bad dilaimu ne. Tara to beshi disrespect korer. Too much emotion lol Aicha bhai

Ekkana sane hollay de gorerde omanush er fut a.... shapta hanik dori daidde uggerr fore ugge abal thread kuli re goda BD section taba gori diye roza mash er ijjot o nogorer igin er Allah bisar gori bo hindi and pakistani okkol er shamne desher bejjoti goredde

Yes I agree completely . And we also have to be very careful as it's not only Sylhet but they will target Chittagong too . As you see the regional language of Chittagong is extremely hard to understand .

Exactly . The well wisher is already creating much trouble in CHT .The well wisher have some deep hate for Bangladeshi as the partition in 1947 is actually the result of Bengali Muslims . When the independent country was formed named Pakistan , Bengalis were more than half of it's population . So the well wishers have the right reason to take revenge on us .

Nobody from Chittagong will ever do or say something like this, we chattgaiyas are content with all we have and our only issue is the influx of noakhallas who come and buy land in CTG and displace us locals and even then we dont do much about it other than calling them "bhoinge" which tbh has no meaning other than "uncultured" its more of a joke now than anything else. So please dont group chittagong and its people with other dissidents

Nobody from Chittagong will ever do or say something like this,
I know this man . It was just an example . But I know neither anyone from CTG nor any one from Sylhet , or from any other part of Bangladesh will do such thing . I just wanted to say that the RAW moles will be trying their best to create problem between us . But Bangladeshis will not give them a fuk I know .

Ekkana sane hollay de gorerde omanush er fut a.... shapta hanik dori daidde uggerr fore ugge abal thread kuli re goda BD section taba gori diye roza mash er ijjot o nogorer igin er Allah bisar gori bo hindi and pakistani okkol er shamne desher bejjoti goredde

Nobody from Chittagong will ever do or say something like this, we chattgaiyas are content with all we have and our only issue is the influx of noakhallas who come and buy land in CTG and displace us locals and even then we dont do much about it other than calling them "bhoinge" which tbh has no meaning other than "uncultured" its more of a joke now than anything else. So please dont group chittagong and its people with other dissidents

What region are noakhallas from?

Any sane person can see that Chattgaiya is more far removed from bangla than Sylhetti, and our contribution to the economy trumps that of any other division. So I ask if we are not complaining, why are the others?

Just take a look at Sylheti sentences above and the Chattgaiya ones it becomes clear what is what.

What region are noakhallas from?

Noakhali in Chittagong Division but the issue is with them coming and buying land in Chittagong city and district, its a silly thing we say to them. No real hatred.

They are trying to create 'Kurdish problem' in Bangladesh. RAW found some unemployed, welfare leeches in UK, USA(also within Bangladesh) to create discord among Bangladeshi people. Their first mission is to whisper to the Bangladeshi Sylheti people that, they are not the same as other people of Bangladesh! they are distinct! once this lie established, will come the demand of federation, autonomy and lastly referendum to secede with the help of ''well wisher'' across the border. We all know the usual pattern. But they will not succeed Inshallah. Bangladeshi Sylheti people are nothing like some of the RAW implant in London and USA. Bangladeshi Sylhetis are as patriotic as any other part of Bangladesh. They will never fall for this vicious plot.

I do not really want to carry on with this emotional clap-trap I am hearing from you and others on this thread.

Which part of BD needed a referendum in 1947 whether to join Pakistan(now BD) in 1947 and voted 55% for and 45% against to join Pakistan rather than India? Just think 45% of Sylhetis wanted to join India and most of these people were Muslims.

It is really depressing that people that know next to nothing about Sylhet and are just out of diapers commenting about things they know nothing about. They are trying to teach us about OUR culture and language.

Over and out now.

Any sane person can see that Chattgaiya is more far removed from bangla than Sylhetti, and our contribution to the economy trumps that of any other division. So I ask if we are not complaining, why are the others?

Just take a look at Sylheti sentences above and the Chattgaiya ones it becomes clear what is what.

Noakhali in Chittagong Division but the issue is with them coming and buying land in Chittagong city and district, its a silly thing we say to them. No real hatred.

I agree Chittagong dialect or language is more unique or removed from bangla.

These noakhallas, are they generally from a wealthy class seeing that they have money to buy land in the city?

Their appearance, can they be passed off as ordinary bangladeshi or do they have unique appearance.

In sunamganj syhlet, I met an albino local, when ffirst saw I thought he was a westener lol. I wanted to give him couple bottles of sun screen, I realised it had alcohol so I just let it be.

I agree Chittagong dialect or language is more unique or removed from bangla.

These noakhallas, are they generally from a wealthy class seeing that they have money to buy land in the city?

Their appearance, can they be passed off as ordinary bangladeshi or do they have unique appearance.

In sunamganj syhlet, I met an albino local, when first saw I thought he was a westener lol. I wanted to give him couple bottles of sun screen, I realised it had alcohol so I just let it be.

People from noakhali look just like any other Bangladeshi, you can only find out they're from Noakhali when they try to speak Chattgaiya in their funny accent but they do speak it pretty well for the most part or if they speak Noakhaila language.

Speaking from my personal experience and what I've heard from my elders : A vast majority of people from Chittagong city have foreign ancestors due to our exposure to foreign traders coming to trade at the port. I myself have an Afghani Great grand father. We have a locality called "Firengi Bazar" where the locals look slightly fairer, they're the descendants of Portuguese sailors and merchants. Anyway back to the point my elders allege that WE (people of chittagong) are lazy and only live by selling ancestral land (This is true in some cases including my uncles who have never worked a day in their life) and people from Noakhali who often come to CTG as labourers and workers then buy this land.

I don't know if noakhailas are rich but they're very self sufficient and often help each other out this is most evident in middle eastern countries where they have their own help groups. Also if you take a survey of any 10 Bangladeshis in Kuwait, UAE or Saudi Arabia 4 to 5 will be from Noakhali as they like coming to middle east for making money.

Nobody really knows how it started but people from Feni+Noakhali and People from Chittagong have been entangled in a senseless race or competition, they claim to be "Golden District" and we rebuff their claims and on it goes. However now many men from CTG are marrying women from Noakhali and overtime this "animosity" will end.

The competition I speak of has been showcased in many telefilms and Dramas, all in all its mostly just friendly banter :

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom