What's new

Sylheti is a language on its own right.

I believe @UKBengali is one of the most patriot Bangladeshi in this forum . That's why I have asked him a question . You saw that I did not even talk to others who are trying to push the matter .
I have a good reason to believe that these kind writings originally coming from Indian Assamese who have no knowledge of political line up in BD same as some foreign born BD posters. Otherwise, they wouldn't have brought up something without any real BD politician's reference. Tell me which BD even Sylheti political figure ever brought up these questions ? Not even those Londonis.

I have a good reason to believe that these kind writings originally coming from Indian Assamese who have no knowledge of political line up in BD same as some foreign born BD posters. Otherwise, they wouldn't have brought up something without any real BD politician's reference. Tell me which BD even Sylheti political figure ever brought up these questions ? Not even those Londonis.

lol you can deny all you want and try to twist it all you want with your emotional sentiment, British Sylheti Bangladeshies are leading Sylheti Bangladeshies to work toward preserving this language. I am as pure Sylheti Bangladesh as it is, you don’t define my identity.

Well no one never brought up such questions . I am really too much surprised that what's happening in PDF . Something very shocking started here from some days ( perhaps 1/2 weeks ) and I am too much shocked . However Do not care the new used (USA flag ) , but surprised when in another thread an old one (Bangladeshi flag user)who always showed his hate to India, is derailing good threads terribly, please take a look there . I am feeling very much stupid by such actions . Also feeling disgust and terrified!

@Old School

Last edited:
Yes because you guys want ethno lingual homogeneity and if it goes against your lenses oh they are indian troll, they are not Bangladeshi there is even a school in Sylhet about our ethno lingual heritage. InshaAllah slowly but surely we can raise awareness and save this language from gradual extinction. You can twist it however you guys want it. It bothers us shows your ethnofascism we can love our regional culture and ethno-lingual heritage and still be a proud Bangladeshi origin. Most people don’t know about this lost heritage even many Sylheti Bangladeshis. But slowly they are learning more about it.

https://www.dhakatribune.com/opinion/heritage/2017/06/22/british-schools-enlist-sylheti-syllabi

you cannot silence us and make us less Bangladeshi just because goes against your view how Bangladeshi society should be, no matter how much you want to twist it otherwise. No
Matter how much irrational emotional breakdown you may have over it.

I honestly believe @UKBengali is one of the most patriot Bangladeshi in this forum .TBH I have high respect for him. That's why I have asked him a question .

You saw that I did not even talk to trouble makers who are trying to push the matter, I am safely ignoring them in every other threads.
And he is also for Sylheti language recognition and preservation. So your emotional breakdown should stop. Because it goes against your view of what Bangladesh should be.

As long as Allah keeps me alive, I cannot in good conscience let this language go under extinction in Sylhet Division in Bangladesh. My goal is to raise awareness and bring this language to be practiced both in written and oral form in Sylhet Division in Bangladesh. Bengali is already is a official language so it will continue to be taught there as well. Because otherwise it will be complete go into extinction.
https://www.soas.ac.uk/endangered-l...ebration-of-sylheti-culture-and-language.html
The SOAS Sylheti Project is proud to announce a celebration of Sylheti culture and language. The evening will kick off with poetry readings of original works from the Sylhet region. This will be followed by a brief history of Sylheti society in Bangladesh and here in London. Our storytellers will wow you with traditional tales told in Sylheti and English with presentations from the SOAS Sylheti Project and the Surma Community Center including youtube videos and a language taster session. To top off the evening we will launch the inaugural version of our long awaited Sylheti dictionary Android application.

The SOAS Sylheti Project is a student-led initiative that works together principally with the Surma Community Center in Camden to document the Sylheti language as spoken by the various generations of members this local community. For three years now the Project has been working diligently to create documentation material in Sylheti - academic essays, animated stories, electronic dictionary, teaching materials, etc. Sylheti is an under-described and under-studied language, spoken by 7 million people in Bangladesh and by approximately 400,000 people in the UK. Despite being spoken by 10,300,000 people worldwide there are no comprehensive dictionaries or grammars of the language, mainly due to the dominant political history that views Sylheti as a ‘dialect’ of standard Bengali. This June, during Endangered Languages week, the SOAS Sylheti Project in conjunction with the Surma Community Center will celebrate Sylheti culture and language with an evening of entertainment and education. he evening will kick off with poetry readings of original works from the Sylhet region. This will be followed by a brief history of Sylheti society in Bangladesh and the migration here in London. Storytellers from the Surma Community Center will wow you with traditional tales told in Sylheti and English. Presentations from the SOAS Sylheti Project and the Surma Community Center will be both educational and entertaining including youtube videos and a Sylheti language taster session. To top off the evening we will launch the beta test version of our long awaited Sylheti dictionary Android application. A ‘talking’ dictionary app to show that Sylheti is significantly different from Bengali in terms of vocabulary and pronunciation and inspire the younger generation of Sylheti speakers in the UK to take pride in their heritage, language and identity. The app is developed with financial support from the SOAS Alumni & Friends Fund

Last edited:
Well no one never brought up such questions . I am really too much surprised that what's happening in PDF . Something very shocking started here from some days ( perhaps 1/2 weeks ) and I am too much shocked . However Do not care the new used (USA flag ) , but surprised when in another thread an old one (Bangladeshi flag user)who always showed his hate to India, is derailing good threads terribly, please take a look there . I am feeling very much stupid by such actions . Also feeling disgust and terrified!

@Old School

You see , writing about military hardwares shopping list is very different than writing about country specific strategic implications. One needs to know who is who. It appears that many of BD flags are unaware of some basic knowledge about BD. These are either 'farmed BD' boys or false flags.
As far as PAKISTAN is concerned, we know some big Sylheti traitors who collaborated with RAW to break up PAKISTAN. Don't get confused by meeting foreign Born Sylhetis who don't represent BD Sylhetis. Some of them even don't have BD nationality like the ISIS brides.

You see , writing about military hardwares shopping list is very different than writing about country specific strategic implications. One needs to know who is who. It appears that many of BD flags are unaware of some basic knowledge about BD. These are either 'farmed BD' boys or false flags.
As far as PAKISTAN is concerned, we know some big Sylheti traitors who collaborated with RAW to break PAKISTAN. Don't get confused by meeting foreign Born Sylhetis who don't represent BD Sylhetis. Some of them even don't have BD nationality like the ISIS brides.
Haha you make us laugh, Sylhetis are actually more loyal and tend to be more conservative Muslims comparing it to other parts of Bangladesh. Ok you can twist it however you want it to get your majoritarian tyrannical views likes by and whatever makes you go to bed at night. You are no one to judge us or tell us whether Sylheti language should be preserved or not.

it’s not just me, there are many many Sylheti Bangladeshis are out there and exists that are working toward its preservation in Bangladesh.

Yes I completely agree!

Also I am annoyed about some repetitive sentences like, "Sylhetis are actually more loyal and tend to be more conservative Muslims comparing it to other parts of Bangladesh. " .

Why a Muslim needs to be too much defensive and apologetic I have yet to Understand!
@Old School

Last edited:

Yes I completely agree!

Also I am annoyed about some repetitive sentences like, "Sylhetis are actually more loyal and tend to be more conservative Muslims comparing it to other parts of Bangladesh. " .

Why a Muslim needs to be too much defensive and apologetic I have yet to Understand!
@Old School
You cannot suppress it, you’re only showing your true colors and are trying to alienate 13% percent of the Bangladeshi people’s unique ethno-linguistic heritage and it’s cultures in Bangladesh. Because study shows, even most Bangladeshi people I have met from other division tend to agree with us and even comment about it, but I guess it’s depends.

Last edited:
Yes I completely agree!

Why a Muslim shall be too much defensive and apologetic I have yet to Understand!
@Old School
Yes I completely agree!

@Old School

As a PAKISTANI , I know more about BD than many of the flag bearers here. I can smell rats from very far. It doesn't smell good for sure.

Majoritarian tyrannical views doesn’t mean it is correct. But if that’s makes you sleep at night go ahead. You cannot alter the ground reality. We will work and protect it and continue to raise awareness and soon InshaAllah in the very near future GoB will recognize our language and ethno-linguistic heritage in Bangladesh, case closed!

As a PAKISTANI , I know more about BD than many of the flag bearers here. I can smell rats from very far. It doesn't smell good for sure.

Yes brother , it looks you are very correct . There is a saying in Bengali and that is , "Thakur ghare ke re , ami to kola khaini" !! ( a guilty mind is always suspicious ), and look at this previous comment (#203) , the is the true example of it! The comment says that I am trying to alienate 13% of my compatriots!What a nice conclusion of my message lol! Poor chap did not do basic homework, so failed to understand a very simple point of my small message!

Last edited:
Yes brother , it looks you are very correct . There is a saying in Bengali and that is , "Thakur ghare ke re , ami to kola khaini" !! ( a guilty mind is always suspicious ), and look at this previous comment (#203) , this is the true example of it! The comment says that I am trying to alienate 13% of my compatriots ! Poor chap did not do basic homework.
Yes because to you we are only considered patriotic Bangladeshies as long we are learn Bangla and live by Benglisn even after mentioning, Bengali will continue to be taught along with Sylheti in Sylhet Division in Bangladesh. To you diversity doesn’t matter, it’s shows when we express the view of saving and protecting Sylheti language and it’s unique ethno-linguistic heritage we became less patriot, less Bangladeshi, because diversity doesn’t doesn’t matter to you as you have no respect for pluralism and linguistic diversity. You cannot suppress it you ethno-fascist, no matter how much hard you try it as long we are alive and well. InshaAllah it will be recognized in Bangladesh.

This is an important document for dispelling the myth of Sylhet division wise ''Sylheti language'' which need state recognition or school teaching. The truth is, this so called ''Sylheti language'' is absent in two out of four district in Sylhet division. People of Sunamganj and Habiganj district, both part of Sylhet division do not speak in Sylheti dialect. They have their own dialect closer to Mymensingh and Brahmanbaria region. The people of Sunamganj and Habiganj consider their language to be Bengali, not Sylheti. Those who are plotting by sitting in London and America about imposing ''Sylheti language'' in entire Sylhet division should abandon their absurd fantasy. Any attempt of it will be resisted by the people of all four district in Sylhet division, more so by Sunamganj and Habiganj.

upload_2020-5-13_8-14-47.png

@Tom-tom @leonblack08 @Avicenna @Atlas @Bilal9 @ghost250 @bluesky @Old School

Last edited:
This is an important document for dispelling the myth of Sylhet division wise ''Sylheti language'' which need state recognition or school teaching. The truth is, this so called ''Sylheti language'' is absent in two out of four district in Sylhet division. People of Sunamganj and Habiganj district, both part of Sylhet division do not speak in Sylheti dialect. They have their own dialect closer to Mymensingh and Brahmanbaria region. The people of Sunamganj and Habiganj consider their language to be Bengali, not Sylheti. Those who are plotting by sitting in London and America about imposing ''Sylheti language'' in entire Sylhet division should abandon their absurd fantasy. Any attempt of it will be resisted by the people of all four district in Sylhet division, more so by Sunamganj and Habiganj.

View attachment 631989

View attachment 631989

You can tag all people you want, your stronk words will not stop us. We are very influential citizens in Bangladesh. You’re only showing your true colors for your complete disregard of Sylheti peoples unique ethno-lingual heritage in Bangladesh. Your stronk words and majoritarian tyranny doesn’t work in a civilized society. It will happen in the very near future, now stop being so emotional. And it is really gaining momentum with civil society in Bangladesh as well. In fact it is happening as we speak, it’s better to get rid of the ethno-fascist views and mentality. It has no place in 21st century pluralist society, those views will also hamper Bangladesh from achieving its greater Bangladeshi dream, because we need to be a role model for Assam, Tripura, Bihar to join Bangladesh one day to fulfill our Sultante of Bengal dream by providing them with a better alternative. Now go cry me a River. @UKBengali

Last edited:
You can tag all people you want, your stronk words will not stop us. We are very influential citizens in Bangladesh. You’re only showing your true colors for your complete disregard of Sylheti peoples unique ethno-lingual heritage in Bangladesh. Your stronk words and majoritarian tyranny doesn’t work in a civilized society. It will happen in the very near future, now stop being so emotional. And it is really gaining momentum with civil society in Bangladesh as well. In fact it is happening as we speak, it’s better to get rid of the ethno-fascist views and mentality. It has no place in 21st century pluralist society, those views will also hamper Bangladesh from achieving its greater Bangladeshi dream, because we need to be a role model for Assam, Tripura, Bihar to join Bangladesh one day to fulfill our Sultante of Bengal dream by providing them with a better alternative. Now go cry me a River.

If you are a Bangladeshi, then for the love of your country STOP ENTERTAINING THE OUTSIDERS with this thread where they can watch Bangladeshis bad mouth each other.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom