What's new

Swat video ‘conspiracy to malign Islam’: PIHR

Now what do you say? That never looked like a 17 year old girl who was committing illicit acts.

Can we say, Roadrunner, you were correct, it appears that it was all staged by someone to break up the Swat deal?

If we are to take those allegations seriously and just for argument's sake let us assume she really made those statements, then who are we to rule out that she isn't being pressured and being made to act against her will by the Taliban, as so many residents of Swat are? People are afraid for their lives, I am 100000% sure the Taliban got to her and her family as soon as this video was publicized. Notice in the previous article how the Taliban want to punish the video maker but not the people ''acting'' in it. :rolleyes:

The burden of proof is on you then to prove that this video is staged and meant to derail the ceasefire (if beheadings of policemen and destroyed schools aren't enough for GoP to give 2 sh**s). Ceasefire is still in place isn't it? So whoever made this fake video didn't achieve their goals right? Spokesman of the Taliban has no merit in my eyes when his group are responsible for beheading security personnel and beating women.

If we are to take those allegations seriously and just for argument's sake let us assume she really made those statements, then who are we to rule out that she isn't being pressured and being made to act against her will by the Taliban, as so many residents of Swat are? People are afraid for their lives, I am 100000% sure the Taliban got to her and her family as soon as this video was publicized. Notice in the previous article how the Taliban want to punish the video maker but not the people ''acting'' in it. :rolleyes:

So now we don't believe the article? It's not an allegation, it's a fact that she's denied the incident took place.

As to whether she's being pressured, isn't that getting into the realms of conspiracy now, since everyone involved is now denying the incident? Don't you think the Pakistani Army/Police would have given her reassurances that she can live elsewhere in Pakistan instead of Swat? Yet if it is such an infested horrid hole, why is she going back, instead of accepting some sort of witness protection scheme?

My point throughout was that all this was a bit coincidental, and that that was no punishment whatsoever. Instead it was just mean to sour the Swat deal, because some people don't like it.

The burden of proof is on you then to prove that this video is staged and meant to derail the ceasefire (if beheadings of policemen and destroyed schools aren't enough for GoP to give 2 sh**s). Ceasefire is still in place isn't it? So whoever made this fake video didn't achieve their goals right? Spokesman of the Taliban has no merit in my eyes when his group are responsible for beheading security personnel and beating women.

umm, no. You're the one saying she's been pressurized into denying the whole incident. The burden of proof is on you to show this pressurization.

I can't prove a negative.

Are beheadings and school destroying happening in Swat now the peace deal is in place, or have I missed something?

That's funny, I know many residents of Peshawar, and none of them speak English as well as you, not to mention have Canadian flags up on their profiles. But you can be what you want.. it's the internet after all.

My English is decent because I studied at the International School of Peshawar and for the past two years I've been in the University of Toronto and visit Peshawar for 2 months every year during June and July.. but thats not the topic of concern.. lol

Having the Taliban in power would be something like this or the MMA, which led to some ultra conservative laws that were nonsensical. What happened to the MMA? They were voted out of power by people in the region.

The MMA wasn't bad with regards to laws or social construction but had policies where the whole of NWFP came to a complete Halt without achieving or losing anything. The laws that were entrenched by the previous government were still active and the only little changes that really set them apart were no display of Pictures of Women, no music in cars (which no one really followed), Banning Theatre performances in Nishter Hall and major crackdown on musicians.... but it was ok and not terrible.... Basically NWFP was at a Stalemate for five years but like you said.. The people brought them in, they people kicked them out... Still it was a terrible government that didn't accomplish anything

Taliban on the other hand are a whole different ball game.. They don't believe in Democracy or any form of free expression. The rule under Taliban would be nothing like MMA which are accountable to the federal government at least AND the people to some extent. They would fail Peshawar and their sick ideology would than spread across all over NWFP than slowly Punjab. The Fight against the Taliban is not a Defensive one but an offensive one..

So why is one Mullah so powerful in Swat? He's had some outside help. Instead of genociding Pakistanis, the answer is to look at where his weapons are coming from. Then to prevent him from getting those weapons. If you want the whole of Pakistan to become Talibanized, you have the right attitude for making this happen, by bombing the inhabitants.

This is a tough question and a topic with many different ideas from a full scale attack to education.. apparently both haven't worked and in my opinion the problem lies in FATA where majority of the terrorism comes from and Pakistan's idea of clinging to it when its clearly not in the interest of Pakistan. Nothing positive has ever come out of FATA from drugs, weapons, religious fanaticism even during peaceful times. The people in FATA never claimed to be a part of Pakistan and don't even want to be a Part of Pakistan. They don't follow Pakistani federal Laws (Not Provincial). The government bombards the Pakistani citizens warning, them of entering these tribal areas. Why than should Pakistan care and condemn these drone attacks (the ones that take place in FATA) when the people of FATA don't even want to be a part of Pakistan in the first place.

At the same time the government on many occasions has tried building schools for boys and girls separately yet these people keep destroying them time, time again. These people keep kicking out the WAPDA people every time they go in there to ask for dues because they even steal electricity in Pakistan.. I know I've seen it first hand.. So unless and until we find a solution to these tribal areas peace in Pakistan is inevitable.... Also we should take RESPONSIBILITY for our problems and stop blaming what others did in the Past.. whats done is done.. its upto Pakistan to fix our problems..You and I can blame USSR, USA and Zia-ul-haq all day but thats not going to help anyone. Pakistani politicians and Army members received enough aid only second to Israel from the US to fix our problems yet all that aid went down the drain.. without fixing any problems.. If there is anyone to blame its Pakistan itself

My English is decent because I studied at the International School of Peshawar and for the past two years I've been in the University of Toronto and visit Peshawar for 2 months every year during June and July.. but thats not the topic of concern.. lol

Like I said, you can be anything you want on the internet.

The MMA wasn't bad with regards to laws or social construction but had policies where the whole of NWFP came to a complete Halt without achieving or losing anything. The laws that were entrenched by the previous government were still active and the only little changes that really set them apart were no display of Pictures of Women, no music in cars (which no one really followed), Banning Theatre performances in Nishter Hall and major crackdown on musicians.... but it was ok and not terrible.... Basically NWFP was at a Stalemate for five years but like you said.. The people brought them in, they people kicked them out... Still it was a terrible government that didn't accomplish anything

Taliban on the other hand are a whole different ball game.. They don't believe in Democracy or any form of free expression. The rule under Taliban would be nothing like MMA which are accountable to the federal government at least AND the people to some extent. They would fail Peshawar and their sick ideology would than spread across all over NWFP than slowly Punjab. The Fight against the Taliban is not a Defensive one but an offensive one..

Who actually disagreed with any of that in the whole of this thread?

Certainly not myself.

My whole point which seems to have been missed by you in this thread is that the way forward is through education and development, not through bombing people who are Pakistanis.

Btw, I'll disagree that the MMA and the Taliban are completely different animals. I'm not completely sure what the Taliban in Swat want, or what the laws they will be enacting are. However the MMA banning posters/images, music and so on, is also unacceptable. So no, they're not distinct, neither are acceptable imo.

This is a tough question and a topic with many different ideas from a full scale attack to education.. apparently both haven't worked and in my opinion the problem lies in FATA where majority of the terrorism comes from

Wrong. This is denial. These Taliban in Swat are native inhabitants of Swat. They are not from FATA. The ideology has spread (this may have transited through FATA).

and Pakistan's idea of clinging to it when its clearly not in the interest of Pakistan. Nothing positive has ever come out of FATA from drugs, weapons, religious fanaticism even during peaceful times. The people in FATA never claimed to be a part of Pakistan and don't even want to be a Part of Pakistan. They don't follow Pakistani federal Laws (Not Provincial). The government bombards the Pakistani citizens warning, them of entering these tribal areas. Why than should Pakistan care and condemn these drone attacks (the ones that take place in FATA) when the people of FATA don't even want to be a part of Pakistan in the first place.

In that case, if you don't care about the people of FATA as Pakistani citizens, you must make them independent, or see if they want to join with Afghanistan.

If FATA people are citizens of Pakistan, they must be treated as such. Else it the responsibility of the Pakistani government to create a referendum in FATA with option, a) stay with Pakistan b) go independent c) Join Afghanistan. You're basic thrust is the suggestion of making them second class Pakistani citizens.

At the same time the government on many occasions has tried building schools for boys and girls separately yet these people keep destroying them time, time again. These people keep kicking out the WAPDA people every time they go in there to ask for dues because they even steal electricity in Pakistan.. I know I've seen it first hand.. So unless and until we find a solution to these tribal areas peace in Pakistan is inevitable.... Also we should take RESPONSIBILITY for our problems and stop blaming what others did in the Past.. whats done is done.. its upto Pakistan to fix our problems..You and I can blame USSR, USA and Zia-ul-haq all day but thats not going to help anyone. Pakistani politicians and Army members received enough aid only second to Israel from the US to fix our problems yet all that aid went down the drain.. without fixing any problems.. If there is anyone to blame its Pakistan itself

Blaming Zia-Ul Haq is taking enough responsibility. He as a dictator took that decision alone. The ordinary citizen had no say in whether to support the idiotic plan he decided to follow. That's enough responsibility. Anymore acceptance, and you might as well take responsibility for North Korea proliferation also.

Your claim is FATA receives development, but everyone keeps destroying it. That is bogus. FATA doesn't receive development to any large degree like the other provinces. It is undeveloped, and only recently has some attention been drawn to this.

Back
Top Bottom