What's new

Swat video ‘conspiracy to malign Islam’: PIHR

Kharian_Beast,
we cannot blame all of Islam for this.

It's not religious, it's cultural, ........... until the mullah's with the loudest voice endorse it. Then it becomes religious and disgraces whatever religious sect is endorsing it - or even worse digraces the whole religion (that fails to condemn it unanimously).

There's been no stonings in Swat.

Would like more evidence than that.

If those are the lashings, I wouldnt call them lashings.

It's not the length of the stick that counts... it's what you do with it.

Police stations have been blown up, agreed. Security personnel have been beheaded, agreed.

Agreed.

Why have those been occurring?
Why are they (these hooded people) attacking the security personnel?
Why has "Talibanism" spread to Swat?
What is making the ideology more popular?

It has spread to Swat because GoP doesn't exercise it's writ there.

Is it possible that the war next door has spilt over a bit? The Indian consulates, the US drone strikes are stirring up these people? The influx of radicals from Afghanistan, Uzbekistan, Arabia has caused this following the US invasion of Afghanistan?

GoP and military had 30+ years to think about this.

if so, you don't deal with it by bombing the crap out of Swat, and alienating the people further. You win over the people, and the elders that are native to Swat. Then you get rid of the foreign elements and re-educate.

I agree, however you yourself state the foreign elements should be rid of, well this is where bombing the crap out of them comes into play.

Kharian_Beast,
we cannot blame all of Islam for this.

It's not religious, it's cultural, ........... until the mullah's with the loudest voice endorse it. Then it becomes religious and disgraces whatever religious sect is endorsing it - or even worse digraces the whole religion (that fails to condemn it unanimously).

Oh I am not blaming Islam in the least. Cultural it may be, however the law of the land should take precedence over any demented cultural leanings.

Panavia Tornado pic as my avatar? I want to pay my respects to my time working on its flight-testing programme with Base 10 Systems and British Aerospace.

Everyone on here has worked on one of them :coffee: An educated bunch we are. But uploading avatar pics is one of the more difficult worldly tasks.

Logon.. Click UserCP at the top left. Then edit profile picture.

Kharian_Beast,
yes - very important point in #15. If I was Pakistani I would be angry, and if these people were doing this in the name of my religion, then "anger" would be an inadequate word.

These people have an agenda to undermine the stability and governance of Pakistan, a legal country, recognised by the UN with one of the largest standing armies in the world.

With such a well trained and educated and professional army, it is a wonder that any Taliban are still alive. ... Unless we don't have the full facts in front of us.

Perhaps when the man, who was whipping the girl, slapped the guy holding the girls' arms down (her brother I believe) that was also a well rehearsed Hollywood stunt ?

Where did I say it was fake? It is one possibility, but it could well be real. Either way that was not a viscious beating in the slightest.

Kharian_Beast,
yes - very important point in #15. If I was Pakistani I would be angry, and if these people were doing this in the name of my religion, then "anger" would be an inadequate word.

These people have an agenda to undermine the stability and governance of Pakistan, a legal country, recognised by the UN with one of the largest standing armies in the world.

With such a well trained and educated and professional army, it is a wonder that any Taliban are still alive. ... Unless we don't have the full facts in front of us.
Talibans are basically formed from Pushtun Tribe which is part of Pakistan's Population so we can't just kill all Pushtuns.We have to remove the Talibanization Ideology.Unfortunately, it was also formed by us as well America as we needed fighters in 80s to fight against Soviet Forces in Afghanistan and now its really hard to remove them.I think its better if we bribe them.

Public humiliation or painful limb chopping, the point is an entity other than the government has usurped the throne and is playing judge jury and executioner while destabilzing our own nation and inviting trouble from others.

Yep, they have taken over power there. By bombing the crap out of them, you will only make a martyr out of their cause. Re-education is the way forward. Development. These are not foreign nationals. These are Swat inhabitants.

Would like more evidence than that.

Saddam couldn't even prove a negative.

It's not the length of the stick that counts... it's what you do with it.

So what are they doing with it? Is it anything more than a light tap?

If i were the girl in question, being held down by those men would be more awful than what the "lasher" was doing.

Yep, they have taken over power there. By bombing the crap out of them, you will only make a martyr out of their cause. Re-education is the way forward. Development. These are not foreign nationals. These are Swat inhabitants.

Re-educating Taliban, like the concept of Leninism, sounds great in theory but in practice it will fail and has failed. Development I agree with, but again GoP is brought into the debate and clearly I have stated many times already they are not doing their jobs and have let Taliban take over their position out of sheer laziness and ineptness.

Talibans are basically formed from Pushtun Tribe which is part of Pakistan's Population so we can't just kill all Pushtuns.We have to remove the Talibanization Ideology.Unfortunately, it was also formed by us as well America as we needed fighters in 80s to fight against Soviet Forces in Afghanistan and now its really hard to remove them.I think its better if we bribe them.

No one was saying kill Pashtuns, only you are equating Taliban (in Pakistan's case it can be anyone from foreign funded terrorist to domestic anarchist irrespective of ethnicity) with Pashtun and that imho is wrong.

Thanks, Roadrunner.

That is exactly what I did. I have done it 3 times, now. Each time with a different (copyright free) pic. But each time results in an error-message to say the file has not uploaded - even though I have seen the led flashing on the memory stick - just after the progress indicator reaches 100%.

I suspect it is this government server that is blocking me. I might go out and look for a privately owned internet cafe. All because of my silly sentiment over the swing-wing-thing (not the F111, the one that's still flying, the multi-role Tornado) and too many hours spent repairing the test-flight-programme's d*m**d "Signal Conditioners".

Re-educating Taliban, like the concept of Leninism, sounds great in theory but in practice it will fail and has failed. Development I agree with, but again GoP is brought into the debate and clearly I have stated many times already they are not doing their jobs and have let Taliban take over their position out of sheer laziness and ineptness.

How did Leninism fail? The Soviet Union became a superpower, with a list of achievements.

But comparing the Taliban ideology to Leninist ideology is silly. One is primitive, the other is progressive.

Thanks, Roadrunner.

That is exactly what I did. I have done it 3 times, now. Each time with a different (copyright free) pic. But each time results in an error-message to say the file has not uploaded - even though I have seen the led flashing on the memory stick - just after the progress indicator reaches 100%.

I suspect it is this government server that is blocking me. I might go out and look for a privately owned internet cafe. All because of my silly sentiment over the swing-wing-thing (not the F111, the one that's still flying, the multi-role Tornado) and too many hours spent repairing the test-flight-programme's d*m**d "Signal Conditioners".

lol, alright. then that is probably the best thing to do.

How did Leninism fail? The Soviet Union became a superpower, with a list of achievements.

But comparing the Taliban ideology to Leninist ideology is silly. One is primitive, the other is progressive.

You don't have to derail the point I was trying to make by striking at my metaphor ;) but seriously, you talk of re educating people like them when they would put a slug into anyone's head who would approach them and insult their intelligence, they are already burning police stations, so let's see what happens when the government sends ''Re - Education'' officers into Swat.

Good luck with that theory, comrade.

PS - Leninism failed epically.

Back
Top Bottom