What's new

Swat Operation II

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow now useless statements when loosing the argument.

My question is still not answered and nobody knows wether he visited India few decades back or someone from India visited Afghanistan..

All of you settle down - I don't like deleting posts but the one liner attacks are getting out of hand, and they just perpetuate similar responses.

So this means that US wants to break pakistan. Her own ally These groups are roaming free in pakistan and if they are so dangerous then why there is no action taken place against them.

That is your statement, not mine. I am merely pointing out where the TTP differs in its objectives from the Afghan Taliban groups and other Pakistani Taliban groups.

It is also fact that NATO is doing precious little to combat the drug and weapons trade in Afghanistan, and that the NA is neck deep in it. If Pakistan can be criticized and held responsible for 'not doing more', then so can NATO for 'not doing more' to prevent the trade that supplies and funds the groups it is fighting, and are killing Pakistanis.

When it comes to the GoA the guilt is far clearer, since the GoA is not just guilty by association and looking the other way (as is NATO), rather it is guilty because it profits from and supports that trade.

‘Fazlullah not interested in implementing Shariah’

PESHAWAR: Swat-based Taliban chief Mullah Fazlullah is not interested in implementation of Shariah in Malakand division and Swat valley, NWFP Law Minister Barrister Arshad Abdullah said on Friday. Talking to Daily Times, the provincial law minister said that Fazlullah did not respond when the NWFP government sought his proposals for introduction of Islamic system in Malakand and Swat. The minister said that the provincial government had been asking the rebel cleric for one and a half months for his suggestions for implementation of Shariah in the region without success. The law minister said on one hand Fazlullah was demanding Islamic system in the region and on the other he was “keeping himself out of the matter”. akhtar amin

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Well, apparently Mullah FM isn't even interested in imposing the obscurantism he used as a pretext for running to the hills. The government has had a "Shariah Bill' waiting since late last year, and no interest from Mullah FM?

For that matter, the TTP hasn not shown any interest in GoP suggestions for negotiating on a Shariah system either.

So if the cause these groups are overtly fighting for isn't their true objective, what is?

They are not fighting NATO, and not grasping the 'Shariah system' being delivered in their laps, so what is left is just the destabilization of Pakistan.

Militants’ bid to enter Pakistan foiled

KURRAM AGENCY: The Frontier Corps (FC) foiled a bid by militants to sneak into Pakistan from Afghanistan on Friday and seized a huge cache of arms and ammunition in Atkeematai. There was an exchange of fire between the militants and FC troops when the former tried to enter Pakistan from Afghanistan, near Kurram Agency, sources told Online. The FC firing forced the militants to retreat to Afghanistan leaving behind a huge cache of weapons and explosives, which the FC took into custody, sources added. online

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Some more evidence of where the weapons are coming from - notice the militants were coming from Afghanistan into Pakistan.

Where is NATO preventing this cross border infiltration one might ask.

That is your statement, not mine. I am merely pointing out where the TTP differs in its objectives from the Afghan Taliban groups and other Pakistani Taliban groups.

Sir, can you please elaborate what is the motto of "OTHER PAKISTANI TALIBAN GROUP" why there is taliban in pakistan first of all. Is pakistan supporting them?

It is also fact that NATO is doing precious little to combat the drug and weapons trade in Afghanistan, and that the NA is neck deep in it. If Pakistan can be criticized and held responsible for 'not doing more', then so can NATO for 'not doing more' to prevent the trade that supplies and funds the groups it is fighting, and are killing Pakistanis.
Sir is only NA is involved in this nexus or others are also involved.

When it comes to the GoA the guilt is far clearer, since the GoA is not just guilty by association and looking the other way (as is NATO), rather it is guilty because it profits from and supports that trade.

Sir is this means that GoA is taking profit from this trade.

Last edited:
well guys i think ths stance from the govt is quite shaky v should once n for all go for it more v let go more v provide them the time to re organise.......

Some more evidence of where the weapons are coming from - notice the militants were coming from Afghanistan into Pakistan.

Where is NATO preventing this cross border infiltration one might ask.

Indeed one may ask but then again no one did. Not this government nor the previous one. What i am amazed to see is that when will we realize that the time has come to put it straight into the face of those who criticize Pakistan of not doing enough, have a look at your own and if kind of attitude will be continued with blaming after blaming done on Pakistan and its institutions, we will reconsider our stance on the WOT. Why is that all of these sixty plus years we have heard different kind of accusations from the US and yet not even once the US ambassador is called to the FO and laid our protest to her. We as a nation needs to wake up before the situation gets out of hand.

In a mixed collation government things like these happens, sometimes the move is political otherwise its in their manifesto but in any way i think the time has indeed come where we need to make a cleat cut judgment on which side our we, we cannot remain hanging in the balance for ever. People of Pakistan do not see this war as their own at least i never came across one who could say that it is their own war. So either this image is removed or with a national consensus should come out with a strategy to deal with the situation specially since now India ambitions in the region are exposed.

No one is breaking Pakistan.

I am surprised that people feel Pakistan is a pack of card where huffing and puffing can collapse it.

Paksitan is an entity and it shall last.

Both India and Pakistan have internal problems. India being a large country and a better economy can absorb the problems, and More importantly, since India has too many subnational entities, none can act as the ''sole inheritor"! Pakistan, being smaller and because there is a feeling, rightly or wrongly, that there is a ''sole inheritor'' amongst its people, possibly cannot.

Unless Pakistan reconciles to it multi ethnic paradigm, it will be having these problems. There is no group of people uber alles!

This should have been addressed long ago. Now, it has embedded itself in the psyche of those who feel deprived. It is a long haul.

It is fine for Pakistani to blame India for Bangladesh, but then it is the same superiority of one community over the others that creates the divide.

Islam is a powerful binder and I have no doubts about that. If that can be relegated, then there is something seriously wrong.

Instead of wasting time on semantics, it is time to realise and accept reality!

i think u might be right to some extent but alot of people dont see it as their own war coz they r not effected in one way or other it never was our own but now it is y cant v understand that how it can be termed as religious to cut throat n produce movie of it kidnapp security personal other agencies of the world r making it our war v have to fight this out just think if each n eavery man of tribal area decide today they will not let the rit of govt go away how can it be possiblle tha any security convey is ambushed in the route withion the village when people of that village claim they r not part of it n u icecold i know their way of living how rigid r they......................

Security forces attacked Taliban hideouts in Swat
Updated at: 1449 PST, Friday, August 01, 2008
SWAT: The security forces have carried out intense shelling at Taliban hideouts during an operation underway in Swat whereas several people reportedly dead in tehsil Matta.

According to sources, security forces fired mortar shells on Friday night at Taliban hideouts whereas four people were reportedly killed during shelling in Peochar area of tehsil Matta.

Four were injured in Kabal, Sarsenai, Township and Bilogram areas and were shifted to Syedo Sharif hospital.

Meanwhile, miscreants set on fire a girls school in Mangora, however, no loss life was reported in the incident.

Security forces arrested six people for violating curfew in Mangora bazaar. Frontier Constabulary has reopened the Mangora-Matta road for traffic. The road was closed by Taliban.

Taliban blew up a police check post with explosives in Kishora area of Malam Jabba. Fresh contingents of security forces have reached in Swat on the request of provincial government.

Incharge of ISPR Swat Major Farooq told Geo News that curfew would be relaxed from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm in district Swat.

Security forces attacked Taliban hideouts in Swat - GEO.tv

Pakistan clashes take heavy toll

Published: 2008/08/04

At least 94 militants, 14 soldiers and around 28 civilians have been killed in the last week in Pakistan's north-western valley of Swat, the army says.

The figures were given to the BBC by Maj Murad Khan of the Pakistani army.

The BBC's M Ilyas Khan in Pakistan says that if accurate, the figures are likely to put renewed strain on the peace process across the north.

The army says it compiled the militant casualty figures by constantly intercepting their radio messages.

Deteriorating

The military also says that it will soon launch an all-out offensive against militants in Swat, shattering a fragile deal between the two sides signed two months ago.

"More troops are coming and we will launch a major operation and we will go after the militants in their strongholds," Brig Zia Bodla told journalists in Mingora, the main town in Swat.

The army says that three members of Pakistan's intelligence agency, the ISI, were among the 14 soldiers killed in the last week.

There has no word from the militants in relation to the army's latest claims, but both sides routinely accuse each other of exaggerating each others' level of casualties.

Our correspondent says that the security situation in Swat has been steadily deteriorating despite the peace agreement between the government and pro-Taleban cleric Maulana Fazlullah.

The Swat valley has been the scene of an insurgency by his followers since 2007. They want to enforce his version of Islamic Sharia law in the region.

Peace accord

In other incidents last week, up to 25 security personnel were kidnapped, in addition to the unusually high level of casualties.

Fighting in Swat reached a climax in November, but violence continued in the valley until a new government in North West Frontier Province reached a peace accord in May.

The militants have accused the government of reneging on the terms of May's deal and have pledged to carry on fighting until all troops are withdrawn from the valley.

Mullah Fazlullah launched a campaign of violence last year, drawing the army into a conflict at a time when militants across north-west Pakistan had launched a wave of suicide attacks on security forces and leading politicians.

Troops backed by helicopter gunships and artillery targeted militant positions in parts of the district last week.

The Swat accord was part of the government's plan to end Islamist militancy through peace deals.

The strategy has led to a dramatic drop in suicide bombings but critics say it has also allowed the Taleban to regroup.

BBC NEWS | World | South Asia | Pakistan clashes take heavy toll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom