What's new

Supreme Court Pakistan and COAS Bajwa Extension: News & Discussions

He's right. Heard Irshad Bhatti saying, that there's a reason why the opposition was silent last three days.

Fauj kay samnay koi nhn bolta waisay bhi!

There will be an amendment in Army Act, so if I am not wrong, it does need 2/3rd majority in the Parliament.

This is where there is a difference of opinion.

Some say that only the Act has to be amended. Some say the constitution has to be amended.

Let's see.

hmm, so Generals in the que for next COAS will be now actual policy makers, half job done, PTI PML and Ppp koi bhi mithai na bantay ,siwaiy usky jisko sub wan Dam Diesel kehty hu)))

No, only in case of EXTENTION, in normal case PM will always have the power to choose COAS from a list provided by GHQ and recommend to President to be approved.

Who knows, maybe the Govt. goes ( i think should) for review of this deicision, if not for rethink then certain relaxation. Ideally should be done in next CJP's time. However not sure, how much time is given to appeal SC verdicts..

IMG_20191128_161429076_HDR.jpg

No, only in case of EXTENTION, in normal case PM will always have the power to choose COAS from a list provided by GHQ and recommend to President to be approved.
nop dear , bajwa is v special for someone ,there is no other like him in the que,

Barrister Ali Zafar saying changes may require in army act only. If that's the case, no need for the opposition.

Well, now that this shameful and cheap act by the judges is finally over, can someone clean up this Kangaroo court and its judges?

As expected.

Court couldn't suspend the extension, and it could not set a bad precedent. So it took the middle way out.

So now the Army does not know whether their chief will go on for more than 6 months or not. Doesn't ring right. Oh well.

But now the opposition will play major hard ball with the govt and try to stop this legislation, unless they are given new software! :P Would be difficult seeing PML-N be on board with this (even though Sh Rasheed is confident).

Changes in Army Act doesn't require 2/3 majority so opposition won't have much weight on this. Coalition partners may get some biscuits.

Only changes in Constitution requires 2/3.

Last edited:
I think it is as below;

a) It seems If change is brought in ARMY ACT then no need 2/3rd majority ( simple majority ) which government has already.

b) If change is brought in Constitution then need opposition as well (need 2/3rd majority)

But it will happen in parliament in any case.

@The Eagle
At first I was a bit in doubt about your opinion BUT it seems you were right, boys played it through and it will be seen in long term . A strategic move ??

Back
Top Bottom