What's new

Supreme Court Pakistan and COAS Bajwa Extension: News & Discussions

No. Opposition cannot do politics on it. Period. This is above their payroll. Govt can issue Presidential ordinance if Parliament doesn't agree.

You cannot do a constitutional amendment with a presidential ordnance, correct me if I am wrong.

SC has exercised Judicial Restraint by not striking down the notification of extension all together and giving the Govt. six months to come up with legislation.

i think amendment in law should give power of extension to army as institution instead of civil govt to end this mess and politicization of army

So GQJB will be quiet a powerful COAS i.e. legislation from parliament, will be sort of vote of confidence & am sure all parties will try to have their part in it :P

However, this does opens up the door for unsaid NRO. Opposition will want certain guarantee in return.

Judiciary & CJP shouldn't have taken this matter to start with.

You cannot do a constitutional amendment with a presidential ordnance, correct me if I am wrong.

Few days back pti govt passed 9 bills thru ordinance but later took it back after opposition concerns. But as I said earlier, this is above payroll of every single entity sitting in Parliament.

Few days back pti govt passed 9 bills thru ordinance but later took it back after opposition concerns. But as I said earlier, this is above payroll of every single entity sitting in Parliament.

Bills aren't constitutional amendments.

So GQJB will be quiet a powerful COAS i.e. legislation from parliament, will be sort of vote of confidence & am sure all parties will try to have their part in it :P

However, this does opens up the door for unsaid NRO. Opposition will want certain guarantee in return.

Judiciary & CJP shouldn't have taken this matter to start with.

Where is establishment one should ask this media

hmm, so Generals in the que for next COAS will be now actual policy makers, half job done, PTI PML and Ppp koi bhi mithai na bantay ,siwaiy usky jisko sub wan Dam Diesel kehty hu) Rony walon sy keh do unka bhi rona ro lain, tangi e wakat e mulakat ny jinko rony nahi dia,,

Last edited:
Sh Rashid has said it all I think on TV.

PPP kay nakhray hongay (means they will bargain).

But he says PML won't do anything. Implying that the Army got NS out, and now PML owes it to them.

He's right. Heard Irshad Bhatti saying, that there's a reason why the opposition was silent last three days.

No I don't think so, " SC ordered to go to Parliment for legislation "

Well let's see I m not sure but in an ideal situation you need 2-3rd majority from parliament. What if opposition deliberately doesn't agree, you need to have alternatives as well.

Well let's see I m not sure but in an ideal situation you need 2-3rd majority from parliament. What if opposition deliberately doesn't agree, you need to have alternatives as well.
They can put through the law they want through presidential order then. However it would only give them another 3 or 4 months time as presidential order expires after 120 days i think and has to be passed by parliament/senate to become permanent law.

Adalat said mamla govt aur parliament per chortay hai yani back to square one

Back
Top Bottom