What's new

Supreme Court Pakistan and COAS Bajwa Extension: News & Discussions

Now, it appears that the so called "learned" judges of the Supreme Court are themselves thoroughly confused and are looking for a way out of this "Phuddu Khaata", which they have opened.:lol:

So the SC says that the COAS does not come under the Army Act, and is above it. The Army Act only applies to ranks below COAS.

The reasoning (also given by Ashtar Ausaf) is that since the President was stated to not be in the service of Pakistan by the SC since he appoints people, then the COAS also cannot be.

What about the AG branch, and other branches of the Army which deal with posting? This is such a mess.

I believe that now people who do not understand military postings, transfers, appointments, and laws...are trying to understand them in one day and extrapolate them into the civilian law.

As an example, remarks such as "anyone can be COAS", "a retired person can be COAS", and many more.

Now, it appears that the so called "learned" judges of the Supreme Court are themselves thoroughly confused and are looking for a way out of this "Phuddu Khaata", which they have opened.:lol:

I am afraid that is how it seems now.

They might have thought that the govt is in the wrong, but it seems that there are no rules governing this whole procedure. In such a situation, if the govt is not correct, it is not wrong either.

the whole purpose of this exercise was to insult and degrade the army as an institution. Question from judges like "where it's written in the law that only army personnel can be COAS" just a hint towards it.

I was against the Gen Bajwa's extension but it is beyond that now. It is about the judiciary's hurt ego now and they will satisfy it no matter what.

What I am worried about is the reaction from the Army about all this. It will resolve one way or another but to think that the army as institution will take it quitely is foolish. Judiciary can have its kick out of this but sooner or later The reaction will come and that will be the disastrous part for the country.

the whole purpose of this exercise was to insult and degrade the army as an institution. Question from judges like "where it's written in the law that only army personnel can be COAS" just a hint towards it.

I was against the Gen Bajwa's extension but it is beyond that now. It is about the judiciary's hurt ego now and they will satisfy it no matter what.

What I am worried about is the reaction from the Army about all this. It will resolve one way or another but to think that the army as institution will take it quitely is foolish. Judiciary can have its kick out of this but sooner or later The reaction will come and that will be the disastrous part for the country.

But main question is where are those who says on every decision of court that Establishment is behind it, establishment made the deal with court for LHC decision. etc etc.

So Superior Judiciary tried to get a leg over but for how long? A simple indirect message to the PM would have sufficed to fix the procedural and/or legal issues before taking up the case.

Common man is seeing it all. Suo Moto over this but ignored all else including gruesome crimes.

This stupid attempt to divert attention of unequal justice by judiciary is going to hurt them even more now.

Khosa can now massage his ego in a corner.

As expected.

Court couldn't suspend the extension, and it could not set a bad precedent. So it took the middle way out.

So now the Army does not know whether their chief will go on for more than 6 months or not. Doesn't ring right. Oh well.

But now the opposition will play major hard ball with the govt and try to stop this legislation, unless they are given new software! :P Would be difficult seeing PML-N be on board with this (even though Sh Rasheed is confident).

So Superior Judiciary tried to get a leg over but for how long? A simple indirect message to the PM would have sufficed to fix the procedural and/or legal issues before taking up the case.

Common man is seeing it all. Suo Moto over this but ignored all else including gruesome crimes.

This stupid attempt to divert attention of unequal justice by judiciary is going to hurt them even more now.

Khosa can now massage his ego in a corner.

Not over yet, now govt will ask opposition to make rules and they will say first release zardari and all mafia will be out.

PPP and PML will now want their people out of jail and all cases eased off.

If this does happen, then to hell with IK and COAS and everyone. Just to get a person extended they would let everyone else loose? This would be the final straw for PTI.

But now the opposition will play major hard ball with the govt and try to stop this legislation, unless they are given new software! :P Would be difficult seeing PML-N be on board with this (even though Sh Rasheed is confident).

No. Opposition cannot do politics on it. Period. This is above their payroll. Govt can issue Presidential ordinance if Parliament doesn't agree.

Sh Rashid has said it all I think on TV.

PPP kay nakhray hongay (means they will bargain).

But he says PML won't do anything. Implying that the Army got NS out, and now PML owes it to them.

Back
Top Bottom