What's new

Sukkar: ISI office under attack

I didn't read the entire thread but was this ISI outpost a secret base or did everyone know it was an ISI field office?

I didn't read the entire thread but was this ISI outpost a secret base or did everyone know it was an ISI field office?

read it and find out first hand instead of me fooling you saying it was something else

It was a residential colony, many local would be aware of this area, as spotting a High Risk area is not hard. like I know where such offices in Isb / Rawalpindi are including residential colony - but that is due to the fact that I have friends working there

It was an office+residence...residences and offices of other organizations and people like FIA, MI, Commissioner house, DIG house were also located in the same place.

Look up the 3rd page of today's DAWN (Islamabad edition), there's a map. Now look at google maps and you will get a fairly good idea.

by the way Mukti Bahmi and BLA are your version of Mujahideen , I know you have different names for them but the concept , modus operandi and goals are the same rebel against a state until victory.
They are Irfan.
But GoI learnt a lesson after sponsoring the LTTE.

The modus operandi in LTTE was the same that Pakistan has used against India.
Train your own people along with the foreigners(Indian tamils and tamils in SL), arm them, fund them, create rhetoric such that the people of your nation back your endeavour - then unleash the trained force in the opposing country.

The result - as it turns out - bit India very badly in the a$$ and is still biting though with lesser intensity.
Today the Indian tamils are radicalized on the Sri Lankan tamil issue...and their demands are impossible to meet.

Therefore you would notice that any future insurgency endeavours after that taken by India were deliberately kept far from Indian mainland. No insurgency leader was brought into India, no training in India...nothing.

Because they have learnt that you cannot rear a snake in your house and expect it to stay focused on your neighbour.

They are Irfan.

Train your own people along with the foreigners(Indian tamils and tamils in SL), arm them, fund them, create rhetoric such that the people of your nation back your endeavour - then unleash the trained force in the opposing country.

The result - as it turns out - bit India very badly in the a$$ and is still biting though with lesser intensity.
Today the Indian tamils are radicalized on the Sri Lankan tamil issue...and their demands are impossible to meet.

Therefore you would notice that any future insurgency endeavours after that taken by India were deliberately kept far from Indian mainland. No insurgency leader was brought into India, no training in India...nothing.

Because they have learnt that you cannot rear a snake in your house and expect it to stay focused on your neighbour.
oh boy oh boy you guys been lucky (damn you lol) we are learning it for a long time and harder way (some still in denial)

LTTE can give TTP / Taliban run for their money.

it is good to have you here in PDF , you show us our skeletons in the closet and when you get too generous we point out few of yours too (the good part is that we dont "generally" find excuses or celebrate them)

I dotn know if you can understand urdu / Hindi and if you do if you ever follow Hassan Nisar.. he said something which I ask myself too.. hey even too brothers separate sometimes with their own homes and businesses its not mandatory to hate each other (fine maybe calling Indo ***** as brothers is a far fetched thing but we both are a reality).

I highlighted your key word. Bengalis made it happen because they were thousands of miles away and had India in between and we played them badly (although in the beginning they were not even demanding separation) same goes with kashmir for me its more of a humanitarian issue now , not a border dispute , see what Imran said the same.

in Baluchistan we have a very complex issue as well where small pockets of Sardars make the biggest impact by getting foreign pats and blowing few lines and having Punjabis and Sindhis killed at Kashmore (borders 3 provinces) an international belief is that Baloch want freedom, whereas sardars want uninterrupted bonded labour at the mines without state intervention and they pick up guns even after mines are deemed too risky and closed due to risk of caving in.

anyway our place is called a subcontinent for a reason. Tamils, Sikhs, Kashmiris, Baloch all happy with their own provenances as independent states and then we got TTP and LeJ who want it ALL... beat that

I don't know who design these maps but until few months ago, a residential colony in Islamabad was not even on the Google map, the whole freaking street was not on Google map, some senior Intel officers live there mosly 2 star , & Col. and I can see that area on the map now, who made that?
It was an office+residence...residences and offices of other organizations and people like FIA, MI, Commissioner house, DIG house were also located in the same place.

Look up the 3rd page of today's DAWN (Islamabad edition), there's a map. Now look at google maps and you will get a fairly good idea.

They are Irfan.

It all has to do with power. All of these groups have experienced the power that their violence can wield. Once they do that; there is no turning back for them-------like the Tiger (pun intended) who has tasted human blood.
Though the Mukti Bahini has been thrown in here into the discussion; there is/was no parallel between the MB and the LTTE. The MB was a far more home-grown and self-motivated group. It did not need to be created or 'steered'; it needed simply material sustenance.

The Taliban Alphabet-soup has far more intrinsic energy. A lot of which is derived out of religious agendas. The tragedy is that it seems to mimic the State's own religious agendas. That degree of 'seeming or perceptual overlap' will remain a real minefield to be navigated through. That is a matter of concern.

oh boy oh boy you guys been lucky (damn you lol) we are learning it for a long time and harder way (some still in denial)

LTTE can give TTP / Taliban run for their money.
The only reason India has been lucky is because India raised the rhetoric and sympathy in India but it affected only people from 1 State - Tamil Nadu.

So only people from Tamil Nadu are fundamentalists/obstinate on the Lankan Tamils issue, not the rest of the country. Hard as it was to not do what they wanted, it was still 1 State's demand.

Whereas in Pakistan, the entire nation was fed the Islamo-superiority cocktail...so the whole country of Pakistan now demands what is impossible for Pakistani Govt/Army to meet.

it is good to have you here in PDF , you show us our skeletons in the closet and when you get too generous we point out few of yours too (the good part is that we dont "generally" find excuses or celebrate them)

I dotn know if you can understand urdu / Hindi and if you do if you ever follow Hassan Nisar.. he said something which I ask myself too.. hey even too brothers separate sometimes with their own homes and businesses its not mandatory to hate each other (fine maybe calling Indo ***** as brothers is a far fetched thing but we both are a reality).
I get hindi/urdu.
Yes. It is imperative, rather inevitable...if not today, then maybe a decade hence, things would be normal, if not friendship then atleast normal relations. The geography makes it inevitable.
I highlighted your key word. Bengalis made it happen because they were thousands of miles away and had India in between and we played them badly (although in the beginning they were not even demanding separation) same goes with kashmir for me its more of a humanitarian issue now , not a border dispute , see what Imran said the same.

The entire point is that somehow somewhere Pakistani people would have to realize that a change of borders on this day is impossible. They have to be mentally prepared for that - only then can alternate options be accepted. The options are there and have been discussed, its just Pakistani leaders(and Indian) fear that putting these options in front of their public is a sure way of losing power(and head in Pakistan's case).

The leaders(military and civilian) have started realizing it, but the common man on the street is yet to accept it in his psyche.

You might not believe it, but the military presence in Kashmir would be scaled down if say a decade goes by without any bomb blasts or deaths.
Already since there was so much calm, all the politicians in Kashmir forced GoI to reduce troop presence and revoke AFSPA.

They succeeded in reduction of troops, but not in removal of AFSPA. They almost succeeeded in that as well...the Army was able to stop GoI from that only by pointing out that Pakistan may try to funnel the Taliban from Afghanistan to Kashmir after 2014 like they used to in the 90's.

I personally feel that jehad inclined Kashmiris and Pakistani's are the worst enemies of Kashmir. If they stop pumping in material support, the Army would be withdrawn within a decade of them stopping.

in Baluchistan we have a very complex issue as well where small pockets of Sardars make the biggest impact by getting foreign pats and blowing few lines and having Punjabis and Sindhis killed at Kashmore (borders 3 provinces) an international belief is that Baloch want freedom, whereas sardars want uninterrupted bonded labour at the mines without state intervention and they pick up guns even after mines are deemed too risky and closed due to risk of caving in.
Story everywhere mate. Something appears for the outside world, the story inside is something else altogether.
Most of it is about power and money, very less about idealism.

anyway our place is called a subcontinent for a reason. Tamils, Sikhs, Kashmiris, Baloch all happy with their own provenances as independent states and then we got TTP and LeJ who want it ALL... beat that
True.

I don't know who design these maps but until few months ago, a residential colony in Islamabad was not even on the Google map, the whole freaking street was not on Google map, some senior Intel officers live there mosly 2 star , & Col. and I can see that area on the map now, who made that?

You talking about the area right next to AHQ?

As for the maps, they rely on GE imagery. When the GE imagery gets updated, the google maps get updated accordingly. Labeling is done by the public I believe.

You talking about the area right next to AHQ?

As for the maps, they rely on GE imagery. When the GE imagery gets updated, the google maps get updated accordingly. Labeling is done by the public I believe.

nope it was in Islamabad , it was right in the middle of residential area, a cordoned off street with one entry and exit point

na na sir, this is more towards H & I sector side,

lets leave that discussion. ISI lives in the parallel world. harldy chaning much. I pick up their operatives and "unmarked" "civilian" vehicles just with one look.

that office by H & I sector (near Peshawar More junction is well known sadly. some half arsed bags and barriers and sad looking guards at the gate .

Can we talk of solutions now?we all have analysed the lapses very well,but what possible measures must be to stop such attacks near future?

Back
Top Bottom