What's new

Sukhoi PAK-FA / FGFA: Updates,News & Discussions

If you get news on LCA from Pakistan, will you accept it?

Look at the countries mentioned, Poland, Ukraine. What next?

Ukraine was always important center for military research during the Soviet times and it's still importing equipment to Russia. Chinese have purchased lot from them.

Ukraine was always important center for military research during the Soviet times and it's still importing equipment to Russia. Chinese have purchased lot from them.

Not anymore. The two countries are in a state of war with each other.

Good news.

Russians are in big trouble financially. Just imagine, if they can sell SU-35s and S-400 to China [I'm effing upset], what they are willing to give India. They certainly trust India more than China. [Did I mention, I'm effing pissed about 35s n 400s].

Anyways it's about time India gets what it will pay for. This FGFA deal is huge!!!! Expect Doval's ability to extract alot more critical tech than just in FGFA. Critical tech from FGFA, S-400 [[with upgraded and newer technology from S-500]], KA226 and Hopefully Yasen class submarine will put India miles ahead in next generation technology. Let's not forget tech from Rafale, jet engine optimization, nuclear tech and much more is coming from France. AESA and sensors technology from Isreal. This is HUGE!!!!

I'm hoping that they will adopt and start using this new technology as soon as possible.

Super MKI upgrade will come years later because it's linked to the FGFA program. If we want jets upgraded earlier, then we will have to go for the Irbis-E.

The tech that Russia has been developing for PAK FA, the US started only in 2014.

We need To Upgrade Super MKI in stages. Maybe in first batch, we can get AESA [we dont have to get it from Russia alone, we can also get it from Isreal] and newer missiles, next stage we can get newer avionics and then next generation software upgrades. This way IAF won't be burdened with big expenditures all at once and also it won't burden pilots. They can easily adapt to newer technology in stages.

Last edited:
Good news.

Russians are in big trouble financially. Just imagine, if they can sell SU-35s and S-400 to China [I'm effing upset], what they are willing to give India. They certainly trust India more than China. [Did I mention, I'm effing pissed about 35s n 400s].

Anyways it's about time India gets what it will pay for. This FGFA deal is huge!!!! Expect Doval's ability to extract alot more critical tech than just in FGFA. Critical tech from FGFA, S-400 [[with upgraded and newer technology from S-500]], KA226 and Hopefully Yasen class submarine will put India miles ahead in next generation technology. Let's not forget tech from Rafale, jet engine optimization, nuclear tech and much more is coming from France. AESA and sensors technology from Isreal. This is HUGE!!!!

I'm hoping that they will adopt and start using this new technology as soon as possible.

We need To Upgrade Super MKI in stages. Maybe in first batch, we can get AESA [we dont have to get it from Russia alone, we can also get it from Isreal] and newer missiles, next stage we can get newer avionics and then next generation software upgrades. This way IAF won't be burdened with big expenditures all at once and also it won't burden pilots. They can easily adapt to newer technology in stages.
Fixing a non Russian radar is almost impossible, since mki uses almost all Russian origin missiles. Its require radar's source code to integrate with missiles.

Super Sukhoi is with Russia only. They have developed far more advanced tech than the Israelis have. The Russians have a bigger budget. And we can't have sensor fusion by sourcing critical systems from different countries.

pak-fa_fi_1475748827.jpg

The negotiations for the Research and Development design contract with Russia for the Indian "perspective multi-role fighter", a variant of the Russian single-seat FGFA called Sukhoi T-50 or PAK-FA has been resolved, Indian Air Force (IAF) chief Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha said.
tempoiku.png

“The tortuous negotiations holding up the Indo-Russian Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft (FGFA) have been resolved,” Raha was quoted as saying by Business Standard Wednesday.

“The two sides are believed to have agreed on a $4-billion “R&D Contract” that could see HAL and Sukhoi co-develop and build up to 250 FGFAs for the IAF,” he added. “[Earlier, the IAF] found gaps in information on transfer of technology; how they (Sukhoi) have achieved these 5th generation technologies, and in visibility of the total cost. So these issues were flagged… and now a lot of clarity has come on these issues. Hopefully things will be decided sooner rather than later on the FGFA,” Raha said.

The final R&D contract for the FGFA was on hold till now despite the two countries having first inked an inter-governmental agreement in 2007 and then following it up with a $295 million preliminary design contract in 2010.

Earlier reports had said New Delhi had proposed that instead of commencing the detailed project report(DPR), India would pay for three prototypes and transfer of technology (TOT) instead of US$6 billion for the DPR and joint production.

It is not clear if India wants to use the prototypes and TOT to set up its own production line in India.

http://www.defenseworld.net/news/17...Negotiations_Resolved__IAF_Chief#.V_dD2haKTIU

Last edited:
What is the chance of fgfa deal on putin's visit .

Shall we go for pakfa Russian variant?

I think we should involve a electro warfare variant like fa18g in R/D contract of 5 th gen fgfa.

Which have best jammer available with long rang , photonic radar , extra flight time, lesar and microwave ray type weapons.

What is the chance of fgfa deal on putin's visit .

Shall we go for pakfa Russian variant?

I think we should involve a electro warfare variant like fa18g in R/D contract of 5 th gen fgfa.

Which have best jammer available with long rang , photonic radar , extra flight time, lesar and microwave ray type weapons.

FGFA deal will be signed, along with other deals, when Putin arrives. Deal will include 3 prototypes.

Russia's Newest Advanced Stealth Fighter. All about Sukhoi T-50. Documentary

Back
Top Bottom