What's new

Sukhoi PAK-FA / FGFA: Updates,News & Discussions

It ain't CGI. The footage and the perceptible jinking with the camera points towards an actual bona fide test being conducted in the video.
Bro that's deliberate. As I said this is VERY good CGI, those jerks in the camera add the realisitc feel. The CGI action sequences in Ace Combat are very similar to this.

This is my take on it anyway maybe others can give their take, I could be wrong.

Can anybody tell me what was changed here?

After the paint job:

mi6udntb.jpg

And recent pics:

rdsfxhzc.jpg

pjt5qlyu.jpg

932rap77.jpg

Looks a lot like the 101-ksu

file.php

Looks a lot like the 101-ksu

That was my first thought as well, but wasn't sure about if that are sensors or just some markings. If that are sensors, don't you think it was strange to add them after the paint job, while they were not be available at the first flight of the prototype?
Also, when you look closely, there seems to be 2 additional sensors below too, not sure but could be this:

636rfhm6.jpg

ozw7wlfy.jpg

@ptldM3

Still couldn't find out if it's a sensor or just a marking, but the T53 and 54 added around summer as well, while they didn't had it earlier.

122466.jpg

115396.jpg

095246.jpg

123218.jpg

Russia to Develop Light-Class Fighter Jet

MOSCOW, December 11 (RIA Novosti) – Russia will soon start developing a prototype of an advanced lightweight fighter jet to supplement fifth-generation T-50 aircraft, a top government official said Wednesday.

The new aircraft is expected to be cheaper to produce and easier to maintain, but should also possess combat capabilities and performance characteristics comparable with those of heavy-class aircraft.

“The development of a light-class fighter has been included in the current arms procurement program. It will be created,” said Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin, addressing the lower house of parliament.

Rogozin, who oversees the defense and space industries, said light-class fighters were in greater demand abroad, compared to more advanced heavy-class aircraft, such as Su-30 or the planned T-50 fighter jets.

Russia is currently developing the heavy-class T-50 multirole fighter aircraft, also known as PAK-FA, which will be the core of the country’s future fighter fleet.

The T-50 is expected to enter service with the Russian air force in 2016.

The T-50 fifth-generation fighter

Rogozin, who first voiced the idea of developing a second type of a fifth-generation fighter in February 2012, said Wednesday that Russia has always had at least two types of tactical fighters that in general supplemented one another.

The latest example is a MiG-29/Su-27 pair.

Rogozin did not specify which of Russia’s two main designers of combat jets – MiG or Sukhoi – will be assigned the development of the future light-class fighter.

Russia to Develop Light-Class Fighter Jet | Defense | RIA Novosti

@ptldM3

Still couldn't find out if it's a sensor or just a marking, but the T53 and 54 added around summer as well, while they didn't had it earlier.

122466.jpg

115396.jpg

095246.jpg

123218.jpg

I don't know if it's a sensor or just a marking, sorry too ambiguous.

@ptldM3

122466.jpg

115396.jpg

095246.jpg

123218.jpg

its a liitle odd place for a censor, but looking at it and how its wrapped around the intakes, just a wild thought..may some tests to measure the airflow or something? like testing the flush?

Feb 2014 in dec 2013?
DOnt worry these magazines can also post for year 2015 also :lol:

Well refference to this article above

i found this part really interesting

According to a document from the Komsomolsk-on-Amur plant recently leaked on the internet,the airframe-building jigs will be modified after the completion of T-50-6-1; this may suggest that T-50-6-2 and later aircraft will be significantly different from their predecessors.

Hmm that would be interesting what significant changes the author may be implying ,We have to wait to find our answers

CHEERS

Back
Top Bottom