What's new

Sufism/ Tasawuf (Islamic mysticism)

Thanks, Please share.

Yup the main idea behind reciting statement is to change our previous subconsciousness belief, just like practicing hypnotherapy into ourselves. Beside that refining our intention by resisting our worldly desire ( for a period of time) is the other important aspect of Sufism. Me, my self keep doing it in my heart, in daily basis, I prefer using the words from Quran, particularly after praying and just before sleeping (the best moment to put new belief/ strengthen a particular belief into our subconsciousness ).

No dispute about the true of this practice, many of True Sufi I believe keep holding secret about how exactly the spiritual experience that they have is since our prophet also don't reveal it himself. But words coming from Ibnu Qayim that I post in the first page can sum up that.

Me, my self will see me taking wudlu at dream after I do good heart purification, or having a bath if the purification is greater. Praying at the mosque at dream is also another sign.

Dar-ul-Faizan.com - Books Site

LOL. I have just the whole thread. After reading this I only can give you all silence smile what Sai Bulle Shah always used to gave for religious people. I have been reading suffism from many years. I can tell you all the story of suffism in two words.
SUFFISM= PURE SPIRITUALISM

now go and find the true meaning of "pure spiritaulism". Then you can find the true answers

I dont know how mysticism fits into islam, which has very well defined god, what god wants you to do.. what will happen after death etc.
Mysticism lives in gaps of religious info(what books dont tell you specifically)... for example book says 1 god..can a sufi mystic say ..'dont know how many gods there are or whether he/they exist... nobody know..nobody knows' while whirling in a state of trance?

I dont know how mysticism fits into islam, which has very well defined god, what god wants you to do.. what will happen after death etc.
Mysticism lives in gaps of religious info(what books dont tell you specifically)... for example book says 1 god..can a sufi mystic say ..'dont know how many gods there are or whether he/they exist... nobody know..nobody knows' while whirling in a state of trance?

There is no Sufism without Islam, so no a Sufi would not say something so dumb. Sufis are entranced by their love for the Almight God.

Logic is Logic.
Be it science or religion, Logic can not be denied and reasoning is the only tool available.

Going by your statement, you are claiming that whoever teaches you sufi, doesn't use logically sound statements ?

Sufism is so logic in term of the process, if you read all of the post here, you will see the logic behind Sufism. The mystical side is the experience the sufi have in their heart during every spritual level (maqam) he steps in. There is a layer in a spiritual world, and if one is able to step in that first level, we will be seen bigger, stronger, and taller than our previous image (before able to get the stair), and in other side, we will see other people become smaller and weaker as well in our perception. It is not logic but exist. Maybe it is more like relativity theory. There are other experience also that happens.........

Talking about what Sufism is all about in summary :

Do you really love your God more than anything else....? If not, what to do to bring such love.....?
Do you really believe that ALLAH has more worth than dunya that makes you feel like that also ? If not, how is the process to make the unconsciousness ( the heart/ the feeling) has such belieft.....?

Sufism is the tool to understand the process , how it should be processed, what to be processed, and what is the likely outcome of such process.

There is the road to our God, a spiritual one, a journey in spiritual world, and according to me, it is actually one of the essence of why Islam as a religion is brought by God to the world. We cannot get close with ALLAH in physical term, only by using this spiritual journey, some one can get there much faster.

If some one has blind heart in this dunya, they will be more blinded in the afterlife. It is said in Quran.

Last edited:
There is no Sufism without Islam, so no a Sufi would not say something so dumb. Sufis are entranced by their love for the Almight God.
You are wrong. Suffism and Islam are two different ideaology. Suffism people believes in rebirth. They believes in meditation like Lord Buddha did. Suffi people were not religious people. They were only born in muslim family and they followed Islam ideaology till they started their own search on God mystery. And their experience were different than islam ideology. Read one of the greatest suffi fakir Sai Bulle Shah or Shaik farid. Baba Shaikh Farid spent 12 years in jungle in search of God. He meditiated very hard . If his ideaology and islam were same then why he felt to leave home and meditiate in jungle.

Last edited:
You are wrong. Suffism and Islam are two different ideaology. Suffism people believes in rebirth. They believes in meditation like Lord Buddha did. Suffi people were not religious people. They were only born in muslim family and they followed Islam ideaology till they started their own search on God mystery. And their experience were different than islam ideology. Read one of the greatest suffi fakir Sai Bulle Shah or Shaik farid. Baba Shaikh Farid spent 12 years in jungle in search of God. He maditiated very hard . If his ideaology and islam were same then why he felt to leave home and maditiate in jungle.

You are the one that wrong buddy. And also if there are some people who say that they do Sufism practice, but without using Quran and Hadith during the process, what they do can be regarded as meaningless. There are many Sufism practice over there, so we must be careful to choose the right one.

Talking about the logic of going out from home and going to jungle, desert, etc to be just alone:

Leaving home or city to achieve some spiritual objective is understandable in order to cut off emotional dependency into human and society. In truth, any Muslim is asked to only rely on ALLAH based on Quran, but some Muslim dont understand that it should be in emotional term rather than just acknowledging the meaning of the verse literally. Relying on ALLAH only is something that is easy to say and to understand but difficult to have such experience on the heart ( feeling ), thats why some Sufi go out from their home and stay in a jungle. But, according to me, that kind of practice is too extreme, even though our prophet do similar thing before angel came to him and give him Quran and duty as a prophet. He didnt do that again after Islam is brought to him and he become a prophet.

Instead of being alone at jungle and desert to cut off dependency into worldly things ( human, money, human status ), Muslim are ordered to pray 5 times a day, and for men we are urged to do it at the mosque, and we can also stay at the mosque for quite some time, it is urged to do so in the Ramadhan month.

Last edited:
upload_2015-4-3_16-27-30.png

upload_2015-4-3_16-28-21.png

upload_2015-4-3_16-29-7.png

upload_2015-4-3_16-29-48.png

upload_2015-4-3_16-30-27.png

so this is what Sufism is according to the best book on Sufism (by Imam Quseyri (rha.)) known across the muslim world as Risala Qushayria.

Imam Nawawi (rha) (the famous Shafi scholar) has written a small book (Bustan ul Arafeen) which is filled with the sayings of the famous Sufis.

You are the one that wrong buddy. And also if there are some people who say that they do Sufism practice, but without using Quran and Hadith during the process, what they do can be regarded as meaningless. There are many Sufism practice over there, so we must be careful to choose the right one.

Talking about the logic of going out from home and going to jungle, desert, etc to be just alone:

Leaving home or city to achieve some spiritual objective is understandable in order to cut off emotional dependency into human and society. In truth, any Muslim is asked to only rely on ALLAH based on Quran, but some Muslim dont understand that it should be in emotional term rather than just acknowledging the meaning of the verse literally. Relying on ALLAH only is something that is easy to say and to understand but difficult to have such experience on the heart ( feeling ), thats why some Sufi go out from their home and stay in a jungle. But, according to me, that kind of practice is too extreme, even though our prophet do similar thing before angel came to him and give him Quran and duty as a prophet. He didnt do that again after Islam is brought to him and he become a prophet.

Instead of being alone at jungle and desert to cut off dependency into worldly things ( human, money, human status ), Muslim are ordered to pray 5 times a day, and for men we are urged to do it at the mosque, and we can also stay at the mosque for quite some time, it is urged to do so in the Ramadhan month.
Actually I feel pity on you . You have started this thread and not understanding the right suffism. I give you some name those who were true suffi fakir . Like Sai Bulle shah, Shah Inayat, hazart Sultan Bahu, BaBa Shaikh Freed, maulana Sibli etc. Read them carefully. What they have brought up through their experience. I don't know what suffism you are talking about. And this is not about to go to jungle or in stone cage. Its about what ideaology they have brought up through their experience. You cant merge true suffism into islam coz they had their own experience and they brought up a different ideology. But you can merge suffism ideaology into Guru Nanak dev ji, saint Kabir das, saint ravidas etc litrature. They got same.

Actually I feel pity on you . You have started this thread and not understanding the right suffism. I give you some name those who were true suffi fakir . Like Sai Bulle shah, Shah Inayat, hazart Sultan Bahu, BaBa Shaikh Freed, maulana Sibli etc. Read them carefully. What they have brought up through their experience. I don't know what suffism you are talking about. And this is not about to go to jungle or in stone cage. Its about what ideaology they have brought up through their experience. You cant merge true suffism into islam coz they had their own experience and they brought up a different ideology. But you can merge suffism ideaology into Guru Nanak dev ji, saint Kabir das, saint ravidas etc litrature. They got same.

I try to bring the logic about being alone at cage, etc on previous post since you have asked the correlation of such thing with Islam. Overall, many practice can be done, and as I said, there is no strict rule on that as long as it doesnt violate Quran and hadith.

Well, I will not force my understanding and neither you can do that also. The emotion and experience is the parameter, and not based on who is the teachers. I have brought some Sufi master on this thread as my list, and all of them are regarded as the right ones.

Last edited:
Logic is Logic.
Be it science or religion, Logic can not be denied and reasoning is the only tool available.

Going by your statement, you are claiming that whoever teaches you sufi, doesn't use logically sound statements ?
Not at all, Mr Spock, there is no logical conclusion to it. All Ive stated is that trying to reconcile scientific fact with religion to learn as a core ideal is futility.

Not at all, Mr Spock, there is no logical conclusion to it. All Ive stated is that trying to reconcile scientific fact with religion to learn as a core ideal is futility.

So you are saying, logic put together can form some thing illogical ?

Who ever is teaching you sufi ; uses some arguments in favor of that practice, yeah ?

He must also uses some logical premises while he explain, and illustrates the sufi point of view, yeah ?

Face it @Oscar , humans are trained to respond to logic !

Why ? :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom