What's new

SUBMARINE PURCHASE: Dhaka finalises deals with Beijing

Fair enough. And you mean Scorpene surely and not Dolphins?

Do you think Karachi Shipyard still has all the set up in place for the construction of Augosta, given that the last Augosta was commissioned in 2006?

Yes. Because of AIP module to be retrofitted into subs in Pakistan. First sub that got AIP was third 3rd sub commissioned in 2006 . Second Sub commissioned in 2002 got AIP in 2010 and the very first SUB commissioned in 1998-99 got AIP in ~2012.

They had to cut open the SUB in to two halves to do it and it can only be occur with complete setup in place

When Augusta deal was signed in 95, A goodwill gesture from FRANCE or sweetening the deal (more kickbacks), License production of augusta by Pakistani's to 3rd parties without AIP was given to Pakistan.

Which submarine launched cruise missiles have pakistan developed ??
2414.jpg

Last edited:
We are a not signatory to it.

OK , I was of the impression that MTCR was to be adhered by all countries , signatory or non-signatory(in that case pressure tactics) .

Does that mean we can also sell 300+ km range missiles to another non-signatory nation ??

our history tells us that there is a profound inclination towards second-hand ships....

HMS Roebuck (launched 1985) - BN commission 2010 (25 years)
Castle-class vessels (built 1979-1981) - BN commission 2010 (29 years)
USCGS Jarvis (launched 1971) - BN transfer 2013 (42 years)
Type 053H2 frigates (launched 1985-86) - BN transfer 2013-14 (28 years)
Island-class OPVs (1976-77) - BN transfer 2004 (28 years)

Indians sound as if their navy started with the best subs available in the world then。

Go and check out how IN‘s sub force evolved all these years。:rofl:

Indians sound as if their navy started with the best subs available in the world then。

Go and check out how IN‘s sub force evolved all these years。:rofl:

Since you appear to be a very educated member on IN submarine force , can you please educate us how it evolved .

It seems there is nobody knowing some of the type 035G has AIP
So you guys should get more information for a conclusion

Since you appear to be a very educated member on IN submarine force , can you please educate us how it evolved .
Apologize for my fellow countryman. Actually the Indian submarine force is very respectable as they are the first one in the world sinked a submarine using a sub-sea missile. What's more amazingly is they sinked two at once, really appreciable jobs.

Apologize for my fellow countryman. Actually the Indian submarine force is very respectable as they are the first one in the world sinked a submarine using a sub-sea missile. What's more amazingly is they sinked two at once, really appreciable jobs.

In that case chinese submarines force are truely world class as it required fishermen to inform the navy that actually a submarine of theirs is sunken which they actually had no clue about .

What's more amazing was that the incident happened because the engine couldnot be shut down , really appreciable job.

In that case chinese submarines force are truely world class as it required fishermen to inform the navy that actually a submarine of theirs is sunken which they actually had no clue about .

What's more amazing was that the incident happened because the engine couldnot be shut down , really appreciable job.
So without active connection,submarine of India can be detected by New Delphi? Wow, what a huge noise,I think this is another great success of Indian submarine force:coffee:

So without active connection,submarine of India can be detected by New Delphi? Wow, what a huge noise,I think this is another great success of Indian submarine force:coffee:

Atleast the Navy will now where there submarines are and doesnot require fishermen to inform us where are our subs . That is the real force multiplier for great chinese navy .

One more question , heard a submarines of yours was damaged by the missile fired from it falling back into itself , Has the repair completed .

I thought this thread was all about BN sub purchase!!

well, what I'm not getting clear about is that if we're getting old Ming-class subs, there's no point in getting them by 2019, which is still 5+ years from now!!.... so, either the reported date is wrong, or the report of second-hand subs is wrong....

@aliaselin ..... any ideas?https://defence.pk/members/aliaselin.37660/

Last edited:
What a waste.....

Nice for propaganda purposes if you know what I mean :lol:

What a waste.....

Nice for propaganda purposes if you know what I mean :lol:

Bangladesh will be hard pressed to get anything more cutting edge from China, due to the close brotherly relationship between India and Bangladesh.:kiss3: Because whatever Bangladesh gets, India will get a chance to take a good look at it. Atleast thats what the Chinese think anyways.

Back
Top Bottom