What's new

SUBMARINE PURCHASE: Dhaka finalises deals with Beijing

China will train BD sailors how to operate a modern sub in a very dedicated way, you need to train at least hundreds of people as backup regarding how to run a sub effectively.

These AIP propelled sub is very powerful weapon that makes your enemy pee in their pants.

I would like China has hundreds of 039C instead of some CBG.

With some 60 plus subs like 039C, we could easily pin down US navy in our gateway.

Hmm....MiG-29's ring a bell? :D

This "hiding" from the media is still there. And albeit, a useless and outdated rhetoric.

You know, I suspected this regarding the air force in the past.

They bought MiG-21's in the 70's. It was good at the time.

And 40 years on, they are still buying the same design with some modern touches. Does that even make sense in light of all the economic progress over the years? Some MiG-29's would have at least made some sense from that perspective. This "stop gap" rhetoric is propaganda right from the beginning.

Another factor we need to take into account is that Bangladesh must be able to secure sensitive technologies. It must win the trust of its suppliers to be given a particular technology to give it an edge over any potential rival in the region. Be they Chinese, or American. And Bangladesh, doesn't have that credibility in spite of retarded rhetoric of "hiding" from the media. Hence, government commitment really does matter in these expensive, complex and sensitive deals. Especially in air force and naval matters.
J10B will be first sold to PAF as its our best ally if they ask. I think BD will not able to get J10B until 2020.

Last edited:
J10B is a really killing mancine that PLAAF will have to fulfill its own need. It won't be ready for export before year 2016. J10A might be a very good choice for BD airforce if WS15 finishs test on it.

WS15 engine has a thrust power of 17 tons which means J10A can cruise super-sonic.

i think BD navy shall go with this in the furture:
039B
View attachment 12208

View attachment 12209

View attachment 12210

039C is also incoming.....

View attachment 12211

well, obviously we would love to get a couple of those!!.... yet to know (if ever) the real reason behind ordering old Type 035G subs.... the publicly available info would always indicate towards funding and priority... but its true that BN even approached Italy and Germany for second-hand subs.... the Italian Defence Minister also mentioned this in an interview....

however badly the deals are done, however under-table stuff influence decisions, its not always politically motivated.... we sometimes get real good stuff - like the brand new Nora B52 SPHs for the Army or the Otoka Cobra II armored vehicles.... lets see where this takes us....

I was speaking to an ex diplomat last week, despite news report to the contrary no actual contract has yet been signed with Russia. The only thing that has happened is an agreement to begin talking including the nuclear power plants. Apparently the French are making move to sell us nuclear power plant as well. Let's see what happens. The Russians asked for certain guarantees regarding continuity of the agreement that BAL was unable to provide. I would not put too much credence to earlier reports.

The jet deal with Russia is dead. Let's not count on it. Hasina can harp whatever she likes for the sake of propaganda.

The jet deal with Russia is dead. Let's not count on it. Hasina can harp whatever she likes for the sake of propaganda.

My sources meant the trainer jet deal.... Not only the mig/sukoi deal. The nuclear power deal is also up in air..... Credit where its due BAL definitely knows how to spin an yarn.

BAL's submarine purchase is Myanmar centric, India is out of their equation...... Its obvious that our planners think Ming is enough to deal with Myanmar, a country that possesses very little ASW capability...

My sources meant the trainer jet deal.... Not only the mig/sukoi deal. The nuclear power deal is also up in air..... Credit where its due BAL definitely knows how to spin an yarn.

This is very good news if true.

BD would now save half a billion dollars that could be used to purchase useful aircraft like the Su-30 in the future.

BAL's submarine purchase is Myanmar centric, India is out of their equation...... Its obvious that our planners think Ming is enough to deal with Myanmar, a country that possesses very little ASW capability...

Bro, given our limited wealth and resources, our purchases shouldn't be any country centric. It should be bought to counter any threat. By 2019 ming class sub would just be a sitting duck for any navy.

^^^ you are right as we are getting it on 2019 we should try to get a new type like song or yuan class , but financial constrain force us to buy a vintage sub . but if it is a newly build sub then not problem for us but if its a refurbish one then we need to worry .

There was a lot of rumor and hope that BD was going for song class(it was frequently mentioned along with ming), but alas we had to settle for this.

I suspect China probably knows to what extent BD forces have been infiltrated with Indian spies. They would never let India have access to their advanced technology.

I suspect China probably knows to what extent BD forces have been infiltrated with Indian spies. They would never let India have access to their advanced technology.

I think its more likely that some politicians are trying to get money as soon as possible before they are kicked from power.

China will not give there advance tech. unlike they would do to Pakistan
but bangladesh buying this old sub is waste of money

Good news for Bangladesh Navy. May be Indian and Bangladeshi Navies can have some joint exercise in anti submarine warfare. :-):cheers:

Buy two old retiring Subs with lot of money.... Ming class is really old...

That means corruption.

Million $ tool for searching the sea bed for good catch of 'chingri ' (shrimp) :)

Back
Top Bottom