What's new

Submarine launched ballistic missile ready for production

I know that Bulava is a missile. And it can be launch while the sub is moving. Is India consider buying the sub that launches Bulava? Sorry, not for sale.

Lets wait for the success of the test before popping the champagne. The test could fail as this is the first test from the sub. Also, Russia, US and China lost its first generation nuclear sub before so the odds are not good with India build subs

I never said that it won't happen. I just won't jump up and down before its a reality.

Pessimism is not an indicator of failure lad and neither is a subscription to the philosophy of history repeating itself. I'd say India's chances are better than 60-40 considering the know how acquired over the years. But you are certainly entitled to your opinion just like the rest of us, and to quote Lord Asquith....lets wait and see.

I know that Bulava is a missile. And it can be launch while the sub is moving. Is India consider buying the sub that launches Bulava? Sorry, not for sale.

That is not true, Bulava can launch its missiles while moving. So please get up to date on technology.

Ask any american what this line means? ;) you will know the answer

BTW, Did russian told you that it can launch from moving submarine? or you was present in that submarine? do you have any source or just a imagining to be Bill Gates? :))

Lets wait for the success of the test before popping the champagne. The test could fail as this is the first test from the sub. Also, Russia, US and China lost its first generation nuclear sub before so the odds are not good with India build subs

I never said that it won't happen. I just won't jump up and down before its a reality.

Yes but India achieved many thing which is not achieved by many countries perfectly, Its India who discovered water on moon and not NASA despite having so advance Space program. :)

One question why a Chinese is willing to jump up and down if Indian SLBM become reality ???
It's never your job. It's our and I think we are doing fine. I still remember that A-5 thread :D I got banned after that ;)

That is not true, Bulava can launch its missiles while moving. So please get up to date on technology.

Dude, many know that the Bulava is supposed to be able to be fired on the move as it is not dependent on VLS. However this does not in any way validate your earlier assertion ( for which you were put on fire here!)

To me, the first test is not done until its tested from a moving SSBN.

Now, this clearly shows that you thought all SLBMs were launched from moving SSBN. When countered on this thread, you did some googling and came up with Bulava to save your a**!

OR

You think Bulava is the only true SLBM and all others like trident, M51 are useless!

Both assumptions are :disagree:. :no:. :hitwall:

Ask any american what this line means? ;) you will know the answer

BTW, Did russian told you that it can launch from moving submarine? or you was present in that submarine? do you have any source or just a imagining to be Bill Gates? :))

Yes but India achieved many thing which is not achieved by many countries perfectly, Its India who discovered water on moon and not NASA despite having so advance Space program. :)

Its still not clear who discovered water first, NASA or otherwise. But for the benefit of doubt, lets say India is the one that discovered water on the moon, would that be the greatest achievement in the Indian space program? But I guess you guys should be proud as India can do something that Zimbabwe can't do.

Its still not clear who discovered water first, NASA or otherwise. But for the benefit of doubt, lets say India is the one that discovered water on the moon, would that be the greatest achievement in the Indian space program? But I guess you guys should be proud as India can do something that Zimbabwe can't do.

Seriously, it's time you stopped now. Your trolling is getting pointless. You have made a fool of yourself enough times on this thread.

Seriously, it's time you stopped now. Your trolling is getting pointless. You have made a fool of yourself enough times on this thread.

isn't it true that India is doing something that Zimbabwe can't do? good for India.

isn't it true that India is doing something that Zimbabwe can't do? good for India.

And something that Pakistan can't, and something sri lanka can't, and something that only five or six countries in the world could have done. Your point being?

Israel doesn't need to, since they don't have enemies capable of a devastating first strike. Yet.

UK does, but imported from the USA. Trident.

how come the brits import such a long range missile......dont they fall under mtcr.????

how come the brits import such a long range missile......dont they fall under mtcr.????

I have always wondered the same. Maybe it is a perk that goes with being a member of NATO or the US's pet poodle or maybe it is simply a case of one rule for us another for the rest-which wouldn't surprise me aka NPT.

No worries India and Russia can play at that game, Bhramos is a 300km CM- I don't think so!

The MTCR was agreed upon in 1987, AFTER the sale of trident II to Britain (in 1982). That (and previously Polaris, which was replaced by the trident) remain the ONLY sale of ICBMs from one country to another. The MTCR was hastily conceived when China sold IRBMs to Saudi in 1988. Kind of like how the NPT, CTBT etc were conceived conveniently after five countries had developed nuclear weapons.

The Missile Technology Control Regime

Only nine states (Britain, China, France, India, Israel, Japan, Russia, the Ukraine and the U.S.) and the European Space Agency currently possess intercontinental range missiles or space launchers. The United States is the only country that has ever sold ICBMs---Polaris and Trident II SLBMs to Britain. The only other missile sale to even approach this transaction occurred in 1988, when China sold Saudi Arabia fifty of its intermediate-range CSS-2 missiles (2,800 km range). This sale contributed greatly to concerns about missile proliferation and to the establishment of the MTCR. Since then, there have been no long range missile sales to developing countries.

All the big 5 are not under any nuclear or missile restrictions. So US can provide UK missiles up to any range. The nuclear deal between US and India is an exception to the rule, which can be descended by an executive order.

I have always wondered the same. Maybe it is a perk that goes with being a member of NATO or the US's pet poodle or maybe it is simply a case of one rule for us another for the rest-which wouldn't surprise me aka NPT.

No worries India and Russia can play at that game, Bhramos is a 300km CM- I don't think so!

No one knows the range of the missile. But it is based on a short range missile.

so its not just the Indian media, but average Indians like to count the chicken before they are hatched. As demonstrated by the Indian members here.

moving SSBN.are u serious?great logic man.
if u dont have an answer to someone's question just stay put man.

so its not just the Indian media, but average Indians like to count the chicken before they are hatched. As demonstrated by the Indian members here.

no,we are doing what only 5 other nations have done so far.

The MTCR was agreed upon in 1987, AFTER the sale of trident II to Britain (in 1982). That (and previously Polaris, which was replaced by the trident) remain the ONLY sale of ICBMs from one country to another. The MTCR was hastily conceived when China sold IRBMs to Saudi in 1988. Kind of like how the NPT, CTBT etc were conceived conveniently after five countries had developed nuclear weapons.

The Missile Technology Control Regime
But the UKG is considering replacing the Tridents with newer version in the next decade from the US and I have not heard about any issues wrt the MTCR and this sale definately happen AFTER the MTCR is in place!

Only qualms I heard have been about the price to the UK.

I_see_what_you_did_there_super.jpg

good%2Bfor%2Byou.jpg

no,we are doing what only 5 other nations have done so far.

Its great to develop the missile. But to say the missile is ready for production when it has not tested from the sub itself is a bit premature.

Back
Top Bottom