What's new

Su 30 MKI crashes in Western India

Well we should put these things Stricly in front of Russians this year while making agreement on Spares
Isn't HAL manufacturing MKI's at home now? What spare parts issue is left to be discussed with Russians when HAL is making them at home!

It is good that the pilot is safe and more importantly, that no one was hurt on ground. Plus crashes do happen every now and then, no real reason to panic!

The location "Barmer" is quite near to the border with Pakistan, around 75kms.

Isn't HAL manufacturing MKI's at home now? What spare parts issue is left to be discussed with Russians when HAL is making them at home!

It is good that the pilot is safe and more importantly, that no one was hurt on ground. Plus crashes do happen every now and then, no real reason to panic!
Every QEM has various clause in there agreement which bound to make HAL buying stuff from them for certain years

India planning to raise local production of spares with Russians this year along with Super sukhoi upgrades

http://www.janes.com/article/66785/...are-parts-for-licence-built-su-30mki-fighters

Yes but we don't manufacture or license manufacture everything.Lots of the things have to import from Russia although it has come down since years....We have our own SU overhaul facility at Nasik..

17th of this month there will be a meeting with respective CEOs & Russian delegations regarding license manufacturing of all parts in India so that availability goes beyond 65%...

on the plus side no one was hurt.
but it would be very interesting to find the cause of the fault:
  1. human error
  2. technical error
  3. bird strike

Every QEM has various clause in there agreement which bound to make HAL buying stuff from them for certain years

India planning to raise local production of spares with Russians this year along with Super sukhoi upgrades

http://www.janes.com/article/66785/...are-parts-for-licence-built-su-30mki-fighters
So we will be getting more Sukhois? :o:
300+ will be manufactured

We are adding A whole squadron every yeae into inventory so we can effectively compensate the Loss

Yes Barmer is a Forward Air Base

We are replacing Mig 21s with Su 30s for Air defence And Interception
of Hostile Aircraft

Last year A Pakistani Spy Balloon was also shot down by GSh 30 Gun of Su 30
in the SAME Barmer Area

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...p-government-sources/articleshow/50744381.cms

Balloons can be hit by WW11 planes, not a biggie. I was trying to corroborate the news that came to me after recent flair up in hostilities that JF17s put SU30s in their place. Su30s flying this close to Pakistan border, and Jf17s being deployed on PAF FOBs, now confirm what I heard.

300+ will be manufactured

We are adding A whole squadron every yeae into inventory so we can effectively compensate the Loss

Given the Delay in PAK FA and Rafale and
falling squadron strength The final Numbers will be 350

The Su 30 Modified for Brahmos is Already a Separate order of 40 planes
at least

SU 30 will be the Mainstay in terms of numbers till 2050

Balloons can be hit by WW11 planes, not a biggie. I was trying to corroborate the news that came to me after recent flair up in hostilities that JF17s put SU30s in their place. Su30s flying this close to Pakistan border, and Jf17s being deployed on PAF FOBs, now confirm what I heard.

My point is that Since We are replacing Mig 21 with SU 30
we have to use it for every thing whether it is shooting down balloons
Or enemy planes

And since that balloon came in Barmer ; we had only Su30 deployed there
So it had to do that task

And as far as Comparing JF 17 with Su 30 is concerned ;
Well Actually there is NO comparision ; everybody knows where both Planes stand

Two crashes in single day one chetak helicopter and one su-30 mki.

Now days traveling on the train roof is safer than Chetak..
They are on the verge of retirement..
SU one is unexpected..

Back
Top Bottom