What's new

Street food, beware of it!!

Shark's meat! Narrated in Sahih Muslim and Bukhari that Jabbir (may Allah be pleased with him) says that I went to 'Habs al-Khapt' [name of a place] and leader of our battalion was Abu Ubaidah bin al-Jarrah (may Allah be pleased with him). We were very hungry and the river threw such a dead fish [on shore] that like of which we had never seen. Its name is A'nber. We [almost 300] ate it for half a month. Abu Ubaidah (may Allah be pleased with him) stood one of its bones (and according to some narrations it was its rib). Its [the bone's] height was so much that one camel with its rider passed under it. When we came back, we told this to the Prophet of Allah (swallallaho alihi wassallam) and he said, eat! Allah has sent this sustenance [food] for you and if you have any feed us too. We sent some of it to the Prophet of Allah (swallallaho alihi wassallam) and he ate it.

(Abstracted from "Bahr e Shariat" Part 16, Vol. 2, by Maulana Amjad Ali Azmi Al-Qadri (Hanffi))

U see Its counfusing

U r right thats why I qouted another source

interesting share

Shark is haram . People in pakistan sale magra fish as finger fish which actually is shark meat
how can shark be haram and its sale in every city of saudi arabia fish market ? i have eaten shark in jeddah while i was there . i buy from this same shop in jeddah fish market

Jeddah-Fish-Market-8.jpg

890158ee-5ffc-4063-8f6f-ebf9f4f9541d_16x9_788x442.jpg

It must be the pollution/germs/bacteria...but, street food is so damn good.

I prefer street food, be it stalls, or dhabas, then anything a five-star restaurant has to offer. Yes, hygiene could be improved and must be improved, but nothing tastes better than, perhaps, your mother's own cooking.

I Bet many eat Donkey steak ;) and thought they eating something good :D

But khotey or kuttey to PC aur 5 star hotels wale khilatey. Bicharey these small vendors dont have access to 25k+ khota, so they can provide you with thandi murghi only.

Khoota karahi , shark wali finger fish, bird flu wala tikka :sick::D

I actually saw a vendor wiping his nose with bare hands and then serving his customer with ladoo kraray :D is there any better way available to overcome the pungent taste of ladoo kraray instead of adding salty mucus to it :undecided: @Chauvinist @The Sandman

Edit: One needs to smash those ladoos using primarily the thumb and index finger before serving --- just saying :D

Last edited:
Forgetting the haram/halal question atm, shark meat has a lot of mercury and other toxic chemicals due to bioaccumulation. Please don't eat it.

Street food is a cultural special , however perhaps certain standards in street stalls can improve 100-400% but that does not mean the whole industry is bad

i heard they throw dead dogs into the sea as bait to catch sharks in Pakistan.

I actually saw a vendor wiping his nose with bare hands and then serving his customer with ladoo kraray :D is there any better way available to overcome the pungent taste of ladoo kraray instead of adding salty mucus to it :undecided:

Edit: One need to smash those ladoos using primarily the thumb and index finger before serving --- just saying :D
yakkkk :lol:

Hamza Khawar
Rawalpindi

Street foods are popular in almost every city of Pakistan, especially among the low income group people. In Rawalpindi, Street Food includes burgers, fries, shawarma, fruit chaat, rolls, Samosa as well as beverages such as sugarcane juice, shakes and lemon soda. A large part of the city population meets a substantial part of its dietary and nutritional needs through meals and beverages offered by outdoor vendors. Such street foods are often contaminated with bacteria, which affect the health of consumers. Contamination is the result of a combination of factors, including the unhygienic environment in which food is prepared and stored, and improper handling and preparation practices. Vendors generally prepare food with their bare hands, passing on germs to what they have on offer. The water used to prepare the food and to clean the cooking and eating utensils and sometimes even the swab cloths used for drying are other sources of contamination. The food is often stored and sold on open trays paving the way for the germs from garbage heaps on the streets to get transmitted. People manning the food stalls should be wearing gloves, have disposable plates and keep their food items covered. These are not practised at majority of eateries in the city, where cups and plates are sub-standard, mostly cracked, and improperly washed in a bucket of dirty water. The food sellers are ready with their excuses and claim that they are doing their best under given circumstances. “We are all poor and it is becoming difficult to survive in this era of high inflation,” says one stall owner.

http://pakobserver.net/street-food-beware-of-it/

@war&peace @Khafee @SherDil007 @Mentee @tps77 @I S I @Moonlight
doesn't matter,had samosa

Back
Top Bottom