Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Special fantastic tea for Indians

Bolton: New Chaiiwala drive-thru Indian street food opens​

22nd December

By Jasmine Jackson@JournoJasmineNews Reporter
58 Comments

A new drive-thru Indian street food drive through has opening in Bolton.

Chain Chaiiwala opened the new eaterie on Manchester Road, just weeks ago.
The food outlet already has another restaurant on Deane Road.
On the menu is meat and vegetarian options incluidng pasties, rotis, kebabs and burgers.
There is also a variety of hot and cold drinks to choose from including the famous chaii lattes with lots of different flavours available.

1671856546572.png

“This is the first time we have offered this concept and are delighted with the results."
The restaurant was opened in conjunction with the EG Group as part of a strategic partnership with them and brings their store count in the UK to 68, and 75 across the world, with ambitious plans to reach 100 by 2023.
The idea has been years in the making, and they have searched all across the UK before deciding on Bolton for the drive-thru.
Sohail added: “Using this blueprint we are now actively searching for new drive-thru locations across the UK which will replicate the Bolton store model.
“We have built the Chaiiwala brand on a mixture of providing original Indian street food with the best customer service, with the aim of providing a unique experience.

“Our drive-thru concept will allow customers to experience our products in a faster format while also having the ability to visit the store.
“This has proved extremely successful and popular with our customers so far and a model we are actively pursuing for new stores across the UK.”

Since the company began their journey in Leicester in 2015, they are now one of the leading casual fast-food operators in the UK.
Their plans for 2023 also include a new concept in university campuses across the UK.
If you have a story and something you would like to highlight in the community, please email me at jasmine.jackson@newsquest.co.uk or DM me on Twitter @JournoJasmine.

58 Comments

Bolton and Indian??? Or Pakistani?
The guy who started the business is Leicester born Indian Muslim. There are Chaiwala’s branches everywhere now in UK. Most of them the franchise owners are drug dealers who want to “legalise” their money. The food is over fried and the tea is powdered junk…I don't like it. Same generic taste and heavy stomach after….Can't have a decent sleep. Most people in my city prefer “Karak chai” which is a brand started by a British Pakistani

The guy who started the business is Leicester born Indian Muslim. There are Chaiwala’s branches everywhere now in UK. Most of them the franchise owners are drug dealers who want to “legalise” their money. The food is over fried and the tea is powdered junk…I don't like it. Same generic taste and heavy stomach after….Can't have a decent sleep. Most people in my city prefer “Karak chai” which is a brand started by a British Pakistani
i get kashmiri chai without nuts and sugar.

cost me two quid it should be 80 p i think i contributing too much to local dealer.
They upped the prices. Apna takeaways are taking the mickey now. Small cheese burger, chips and doner meat was £2.50 about to 2 years where I live at the most popular burger joint in town….slowly prices have gone up and last week its £5! Bloody joke

They upped the prices. Apna takeaways are taking the mickey now. Small cheese burger, chips and doner meat was £2.50 about to 2 years where I live at the most popular burger joint in town….slowly prices have gone up and last week its £5! Bloody joke

it gone from 5 summat to 8 pound over here for burger n chips drnk. it is still same crap quality. most are owned by haram qamai or dealers. legit person cannot afford to open a business.

You cannot get Kashmiri Chai without sugar but you can get regular Chai without sugar
i dont know i told the guy no sugar but it did taste abit sweet.

has anyone been to the bus take away in bolton i have been there.

Within the space of 6 months chaiwala portions went down , now overpriced. Prefer karak chai much better value and taste..

Chaiwalla runs on a franchise model. The tea actually isn't that great, but it's good enough - very sweet. In the absence of proper authentic karak tea in the market, they'll do.

Credit to them, excellent business model, and they got there first so are the known name brand. Apparently some branches have nice food - the one near me is terrible.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom