What's new

Brampton Food Banks are BANNING Bharati students from using their services

hatehs

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
RESERWATIONCHAAP'S NIGHTMARE: Brampton Food Banks are BANNING Bharati students from using their services

Food banks across Canada have been coping with untenable record demand for their services in recent months, and as they head into what is the busiest time of year for them, some are having to turn one particular demographic away: international students.

The Ste. Louise Outreach Centre of Peel food bank in Brampton has been around for more than 40 years, and currently serves over 2,600 families per month — a number that nearly doubles around the holidays, according to Board President Catherine Rivera.

And, while the organization continues to take on a handful of new registrants daily, it has noticed a concerning uptick in international students coming for meals in the last two months — so many that it has had to post signage explaining that it can't provide for them.

"There can be a lot of abuse with food banks," Rivera says, saying that her location verifies ID, proof of living in the catchment area that Ste. Louise covers, and bank statements to ensure applicants are truly in need.

"For certain groups like permanent residents, we can't serve you until you've been here for a year since the government standard is that you need to be able support yourself... and students, who are here temporarily, we also will not serve."

Proof of funds is indeed among the paperwork foreign nationals must submit to be eligible for PR, and also to study in Canada. The government's website outlines that to be granted a study permit, among a list of other requirements, "you must prove that you can support yourself and the family members who come with you while you are in Canada."

Ottawa dictates that would-be learners from abroad must have a minimum of $10,000 per year of study (or $833 per month) to cover their living expenses, plus more if they are bringing family with them.

Yet Ste. Louise has had numerous experiences with these students who have more than enough money for food in their bank account, but can't access it because it was borrowed from elsewhere solely for them to be able to obtain a visa.

"People come to us with $60,000 in their bank account asking for free food — when we look at this banking, we're floored," Rivera says. "They’re borrowing money then giving it back once they get here, then when they get here, they want our services."

Being a small, volunteer-run program that does not operate on government funding, Ste. Louise has identified this as a real problem that reduces the supply needed for families, seniors, people with disabilities, refugees and other groups that truly need it.

Volunteers have even considered contacting local academic institutions and the mayor to alert them to the trend, which Rivera worries could be partly the result of lenders advertising loans for students abroad to study in Canada.

Some videos on YouTube and other platforms have also even publicly encouraged international students to use food banks as a way to "get free food in Canada."

"We're getting almost 10 international students per day who say, 'you have to help me.' We can't keep it up," Rivera says.

Other food banks, such as the Knight's Table in Brampton, told blogTO that they would never implement such a policy to turn certain people away, but that they do likewise check ID, address, and income amount to ensure eligibility to register.

RESERWATIONCHAAP'S NIGHTMARE: Brampton Food Banks are BANNING Bharati students from using their services

Food banks across Canada have been coping with untenable record demand for their services in recent months, and as they head into what is the busiest time of year for them, some are having to turn one particular demographic away: international students.

The Ste. Louise Outreach Centre of Peel food bank in Brampton has been around for more than 40 years, and currently serves over 2,600 families per month — a number that nearly doubles around the holidays, according to Board President Catherine Rivera.

And, while the organization continues to take on a handful of new registrants daily, it has noticed a concerning uptick in international students coming for meals in the last two months — so many that it has had to post signage explaining that it can't provide for them.

"There can be a lot of abuse with food banks," Rivera says, saying that her location verifies ID, proof of living in the catchment area that Ste. Louise covers, and bank statements to ensure applicants are truly in need.

"For certain groups like permanent residents, we can't serve you until you've been here for a year since the government standard is that you need to be able support yourself... and students, who are here temporarily, we also will not serve."

Proof of funds is indeed among the paperwork foreign nationals must submit to be eligible for PR, and also to study in Canada. The government's website outlines that to be granted a study permit, among a list of other requirements, "you must prove that you can support yourself and the family members who come with you while you are in Canada."

Ottawa dictates that would-be learners from abroad must have a minimum of $10,000 per year of study (or $833 per month) to cover their living expenses, plus more if they are bringing family with them.

Yet Ste. Louise has had numerous experiences with these students who have more than enough money for food in their bank account, but can't access it because it was borrowed from elsewhere solely for them to be able to obtain a visa.

"People come to us with $60,000 in their bank account asking for free food — when we look at this banking, we're floored," Rivera says. "They’re borrowing money then giving it back once they get here, then when they get here, they want our services."

Being a small, volunteer-run program that does not operate on government funding, Ste. Louise has identified this as a real problem that reduces the supply needed for families, seniors, people with disabilities, refugees and other groups that truly need it.

Volunteers have even considered contacting local academic institutions and the mayor to alert them to the trend, which Rivera worries could be partly the result of lenders advertising loans for students abroad to study in Canada.

Some videos on YouTube and other platforms have also even publicly encouraged international students to use food banks as a way to "get free food in Canada."

"We're getting almost 10 international students per day who say, 'you have to help me.' We can't keep it up," Rivera says.

Other food banks, such as the Knight's Table in Brampton, told blogTO that they would never implement such a policy to turn certain people away, but that they do likewise check ID, address, and income amount to ensure eligibility to register.

You have to be a special kind of despicable to have CANADIANS out of all people hate you 😭😭

You have to be a special kind of despicable to have CANADIANS out of all people hate you 😭😭

I'm hearing more and more Canadians talk about how incredibly entitled, rude, and obnoxious these "students" are. Not to mention they've destroyed several reputable colleges. Lot of people angry because now companies are apparently blacklisting certain colleges because their reputation has practically plummeted overnight and they're considered to be diploma mills.

If you want an example, here's an ad from Conestoga College, which is rightly being mocked by Canadians from the city of KW where it is located:

wat bout toilet rolls and public toilets over occupied.

wat bout toilet rolls and public toilets over occupied.
Bharatis don't do any of this. Apparently, they've exported public defecation over to Canada:

1699488937592.png

Entitlement of BHARATI students in action. I'm amazed at how blatantly these people want to chimp resources which were meant for those in need! No doubt they learned it from the obese nangay Bramen who lord over them back home and live off the blood, sweat and tear of lower castes!

1699489289512.png

1699489436567.png

That article mentions international students, not Pajeets. If you want to know what Pajeets are specifically punished for it's examples like these. Not that Pakistanis don't cause trouble abroad:

is this only related to indian students or other foreign student as well (misuse of foodbanks)
That article mentions international students, not Pajeets. If you want to know what Pajeets are specifically punished for it's examples like these. Not that Pakistanis don't cause trouble abroad:

The number of other foreign students in Canada is miniscule compared to what we've received from Bharat, to the point that the term "international student" is synonymous with Bharatis.

god damn these bharat matta are now shitting on the forum and mods are sleep or maybe
sh it scared like pak army to do anything.

Where ever Indians go .. that place becomes a shithole
What they are doing is despicable and should be kicked out for not being able to support themselves. I wonder how many are abusing this service? If it is in thousands then it is definitely a problem. I just googled Indian students population is about 320,000. If few hundred are falling back into poverty then it is not a cause for concern but if it is in thousands then Indian government should take notice.

Ok I have been to Canada Saskatoon and surrey as well.
The main problem I observed was the age of students, parents are sending thier kids after 10th or 10+2 .
In India or Pak we don't consider them adults and hence they are treated as kids.

Now they come to Canada with no supervision and free to do whatever they can , only role models are the seniors which is not a good thing.

And they r taking loans to go there, just imagine a 19yr boy or girl with a loan to pay back and also pay tuition fee. It's a lot, I realy pity them. They are not living in gud conditions.

Now many might consider this Racist or anti pak. But you know what i heared from many of my friends or people I met?

- If u want to know how to take benefit of govt policies or loopholes to get free money from govt , talk to a pakistani.

And I did observe this, pak prefer cash work so that they are legible for free govt money. So they do I low level job + cash work.

And don't shoot the messenger , I'm writing what I saw.

Ok I have been to Canada Saskatoon and surrey as well.
The main problem I observed was the age of students, parents are sending thier kids after 10th or 10+2 .
In India or Pak we don't consider them adults and hence they are treated as kids.

Now they come to Canada with no supervision and free to do whatever they can , only role models are the seniors which is not a good thing.

And they r taking loans to go there, just imagine a 19yr boy or girl with a loan to pay back and also pay tuition fee. It's a lot, I realy pity them. They are not living in gud conditions.

Now many might consider this Racist or anti pak. But you know what i heared from many of my friends or people I met?

- If u want to know how to take benefit of govt policies or loopholes to get free money from govt , talk to a pakistani.

And I did observe this, pak prefer cash work so that they are legible for free govt money. So they do I low level job + cash work.

And don't shoot the messenger , I'm writing what I saw.

Lol no, nice try. No other student group behaves like this. Only indians do. You guys just don't have basic ethics.

Pakistani scammers do exist but compared to Indians there are barely any. That's from someone who has actually lived in Canada. Pakistanis there are miniscule compared to Indians & most don't have the mindset for scamming.

Indians on the other hand are known for their scams & fake news. Not surprising considering India also has the most scammers & psychos in the world.

Indian scammers are the reason why so many are coming to Canada in the 1st place. For e.g. they get fake uni documents to show they're here for studying but then start working. And the Indians in immigration just look away. And then they bring in their whole families without proper procedures.

Literally everything turns to shit whenever there's too many of you. Even in USA you guys were getting exposed for your caste system & discriminatory hiring practices.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom