What's new

Stop broadcast of banned Pakistani channels in India: Delhi HC to Centre

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Wednesday asked the Centre to respond to a petition that seeks adequate steps to stop the broadcast of banned Pakistani channels in India.

A division bench of Chief Justice G Rohini and Justice RS Endlaw asked counsel of the information and broadcasting ministry and the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) to take instructions from the government on the issue by 21 January.
The plea filed by Nishad Sharma said Pakistani channels which were banned by the government were being broadcast by Dish TV in New Delhi without any permission from the government.

It said Dish TV provides channels which were "not in best interests of the country (India)", and asked the government to cancel the licences with respect to all the channels being aired by Dish TV.
"The government had banned the channels (Pakistani channels) for inciting religious tension and breaking national harmony of the country (India)," the plea said.

It named 16 Pakistani channels which were being broadcast here "illegally".
The channels mentioned included PTV Home, Hum TV, Film Azia, Khyber TV, Express Entertainment and Ariana TV among others. It also asked the court to impose rigid rules pertaining to channels being aired throughout the country.

Stop broadcast of banned Pakistani channels in India: Delhi HC to Centre - Firstpost

If the channels are banned then they should not be broadcasted as rightly pointed out by court. It is the government who can remove the ban or any other petitioner who can file PIL to seek removal of the ban on PAK TV Channels.

we want to stay dirty dont want to see pure content
Yup but an Indian channel Zee is telecasting this pure content so if blocking the pure content is the idea then why allow that??
So again why are Pakistani entertainment channels banned???

Who gives a shit let them ban it.BTW i am not TV guy anyway.I watch American shows and their shows are second to none.Indians channels do air in Pakistan but damn you have totally retarded shows.

Who gives a shit let them ban it.BTW i am not TV guy anyway.I watch American shows and their shows are second to none.Indians channels do air in Pakistan but damn you have totally retarded shows.
i agree to u brother! we dont give a shyt about it Coz its their own matter and their own country.
The only thing worrying me is the broadcast of indian films and dramas in Pakistan. These indian films/dramas should be banned from Pakistan, they have destroyed our society and our culture. And content in their shows is really pathetic and really gives me vomit and headache

Yup but an Indian channel Zee is telecasting this pure content so if blocking the pure content is the idea then why allow that??
So again why are Pakistani entertainment channels banned???
Who cares yara. There politics runs on anti pakistan stuff. Our channels were never producing content keeping indian market in mind. So leave them and in turn just ban their channels and bollywood films. :-)

Funny, Indians are always talking about how better they are than Pakistan, Pakistan is intolerant, Pakistan bans channels, Pakistan bans movies, bla bla bla and now they're doing the exact same, first against the film 'Haider' and now banning Pakistani channels.
Pakistan se behtr rehne ke chakron me India Pakistan ban jaye ga :lol:

Back
Top Bottom