What's new

Stephen Hawking warns artificial intelligence could end mankind

Given that mankind doesn't end mankind first.
If mankind doesn't end mankind, that'll be due to mankind itself.......
Whatever will happen in future, will be due to the humans/mankind, one way or the other.....
If they annihilate each other with sticks and stones, that will be their fault, if they don't, their creation(robots/machines/bombs) might do........given the level of intelligence humans have, natural calamities cannot destroy us, even if the Earth gets destroyed at some point in time, humans should survive....
.......in short, humans will always be responsible for their future.....

Maybe you missed the "red queen" part.

Red queen was designed to prevent any outbreak& she successfully did that task
You would have Ben right if red queen was responsible for the outbreak & then killed all those people

Red queen was designed to prevent any outbreak& she successfully did that task
You would have Ben right if red queen was responsible for the outbreak & then killed all those people

Who fukin cares ? You cyborg ..:lol:

human made calcullators and scientifc calculatrs which more efficenit and accurate and time saving
so you can make things more intellgent / effeicnt than you
I differ slightly, we cannot make things more intelligent but more efficient and accurate than us......like you said calculators, computers etc. are more efficient and accurate but cannot be said, more intelligent......

But imagine if they do that to humans.Concept looks scary.
Yes, that's the scary part, human made technology can be used against humans by humans, so, humans will be responsible for that, not the technology.....that's the gist of the argument.....

Last edited:
I differ slightly, we cannot make things more intelligent but more efficient and accurate than us......like you said calculators, computers etc. are more efficient and accurate but cannot be said, more intelligent......

Yes, that's the scary part, human made technology can be used against humans by humans, so, humans will be responsible for that not the technology.....that's the gist of the argument.....
--
intellgence . yarstick is efficint anf accurate and effective right ?

not exactly, the capability to think on your own is one of the most important part, which the machines lack.....
now a days .. pc self dignose or satellite do all correction by themslef though with help of programe but they choose the own course based on suitbale condition is one step toward self thinkig

Didn't get the point here, every AI system's capability is determined by the associated heuristic functions. Now the haraamier(derived from the word haraami) the HF the haraamier the system would be. Now what man made system can be haraamier than the man kind is beyond my imagination.

Not sure if speed equals intelligence. You give a bunch of people a list of 10 numbers and ask them to name the 6th item on the list. Is the first person to blurt it out first really the most intelligent?

Not sure if speed equals intelligence. You give a bunch of people a list of 10 numbers and ask them to name the 6th item on the list. Is the first person to blurt it out first really the most intelligent?
Exactly.
Do you work in Computer Science related field ?

now a days .. pc self dignose or satellite do all correction by themslef though with help of programe but they choose the own course based on suitbale condition is one step toward self thinkig

Here, what you meant by 'self-thinking' is actually 'automation'(today I had an exam. on a subject called 'Automata'-it is related).......it's different from actual independent thinking from which self-awareness comes and of which, only humans are capable.....
As you said, those machines(PC, satellite etc.) work according to the programmes fed to them, they cannot act on their own free will, they cannot do anything more or less than what they are instructed to by the programmer(who is a human) through his/her codes......i.e, humans have ultimate control over machines....and what we're talking here is machines becoming 'self-aware' through AI and turning on their creator, which I think is not possible..........the creator(humans) can purposely use their creation(those machines) against their fellow human beings of-course but the machines cannot be held responsible for that.......

P.S: you can consider Humans as 'machines programmed by God'.....our biological system is nothing more than how a machine works, but the 'self-awareness' part is baffling.....may be, God has better facilities and/or is a better programmer....:D

Anyway, I have my Comp. Architecture exam tomorrow, so bye bye for now(you may quote me if you disagree, I'll reply later).....

Last edited:
It will be concern for future generations not for ours, but still AI work should make sure that it don't get out of human hands just like shown in many Hollywood movies, Terminator series is good example for AI taking over humans.

Back
Top Bottom