What's new

Stategic Weaknesses and Strengths: Pakistan and India

Wars leave everyone in bad shape but you have to face the bitter truth. China have problems at east china sea. They have stakes in Pakistan now. It will be a war of survival for china too.

static numbers don't count in war. It's role are just 20%. Rest is bravery,strategy,leadership and unity.

Agreed, and I know at present China is too big an opponent for us. But how much cowatd you may think India is, mark my words if we to fight a two front war with our backs to the wall, we will make sure that chinese economy and military get a severe blow that they won't raise anytime in near future. Moreover if we are doomed, we take Pakistan with us for sure. We at least have that capacity. :p:

Agreed, and I know at present China is too big an opponent for us. But how much cowatd you may think India is, mark my words if we to fight a two front war with our backs to the wall, we will make sure that chinese economy and military get a severe blow that they won't raise anytime in near future. Moreover if we are doomed, we take Pakistan with us for sure. We at least have that capacity. :p:
we don't care if india pakistan are both doomed. Only thing we expect from our muslim brothers is that they kill the remaining hindus in the world.

Think what will happen to Pakistan's economy then. Whole of Pakistan is game for India, in fact your big cities are next to border whereas our Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad are deep inside and will mostly remain untouched

Himalayas are natural barrier between India and China, the remaining terrain is also quite mountainous so not much resources are required there. Also Indo-China border is not heavily militarized as of now so no worries there, it will be same as Pak-Iran or Pak-Afghanistan border for us

Majority of voluminous trade in done through sea-lanes for a reason, some emergency supply yes buy you can't fight a war with your ports blocked, you already have a fragile economy and I read somewhere Pakistan has only 5 days or so of oil reserves

Lot of water has flown down the bridge since then, PA may be a match for IA on it's own but if you factor IAF's superiority over PAF it's a different story and if in a war IAF manages to dominated skies its game over for PA also

Not really, PN doesn't have the resource to thin itself out, if you lose even 20-25% of your Navy in the first phase of the war a blockade will be imminent

Again not really, in manufacturing and infrastructure it's mostly Indian giants

We have strategic oil reserves running in to billions of barrels of crude you guys don't

We are linking all our rivers hence no water shortage in any part of country for us in near future, any war this time IWT gets scrapped for sure just another bargaining chip we have

True, our image means less international pressure on India and more on Pakistan as Pakistan is seen as a lose canon whereas India as a responsible power

Why do you need tribals, don't you have regular reserves if needed, we have more than a million of them

It will be the opposite, China or any other country doesn't have any leverage with India, they need India's huge market. Thus they will pressurize Pakistan more to cease hostilities as they have much say there and it's their investment which is at stake there
brother plz try to write short and precise.

Pakistan donot have much to lose. We donot have much investment. Secondly Indian investors will leave for the fear of nuclear attack irrespective of location.

Pak afghan border is mountaneous but the whole world knows that wars could be and were fought there. China too despite terrain fought a war with you. Even if they don't fight a war, just bringing their forces to the border will be enough to divide indian resources.

Most of our strategic partners are located near to us and we can easily do trade with them through land. Their will soon be railway link between china and Pakistan. Pakistan,iran,iraq,turkey. Pakistan recently have discovered enough resources to supply our military in case of war. And not to forget Iran is close to us. We can get oil from there whenever we want. Secondly you can't block Pakistani ports that easily. We have a small navy but good coastal defense systems. Your ships can't easily come close to 300km of our waters.

IAF was not been able to achieve any superiority over PAF in 70 years with 1:4 minimum ratio in the past(except over east pakistan where 1 PAF squadran fought your whole eastern command) and you hope to get it now when you don't even have 1:2 ratio. and we have invested a lot in short range air defense systems for army. It's called war strategy.

Pakistan navy is currently under modernization phase and will be competitive in 2025. Also our naval strategy is more of defensive equipments like anti ship missiles and detecting systems.

Pakistan manufacturing and infrastructure Pakistan is lagging but not that much.

Come to Pakistan KPK and FATA and you will realize that soon Pakistan will be exporter of oil. Most reserves found in the world during recent years.

We will blow your whole dams and headworks. Believe me it's very easy. And you will lose world support in war too.

Image of india in ZEE news is different than real image. Pakistan may have bad image but lot of brotherly friendly countries.

We don't need tribals but they need war. They are always ready and volunteer. They fought your army before alone and gave you real tough time. Now they are more heavily equipped thanks to afghan wars. Also radicalization of muslims will give you more bitter time. Image millions of trained and experience gorillas coming to fight india just because it's a holy war in islamic prophecies.

Pakistan is not small market either. Also any threat to CPEC will effect all central asian countries trades and china in particular. They will pressurize India. 53 countries will soon join CPEC. Most of the trade through strait of malacca will be done through cpec(shorter path) and if india didn't start the war in next 2 years then we will catch you economically in very short time.

pak is at serious disadvantage. our economy, oil reserves can't sustain a war for more then 2 weeks. our military is smaller, poorly equipped as compare to india. training is almost the same but pak has a slight edge here of long real battle experience of the past 10 yrs. india has a leader who is indian and pakistan has a leader who is pro indian and who has family business with india.
war with india is almost impossible. LOC violations will take place frequently. proxy wars in kashmir and afghanistan will be continued. both nawaz and modi will do politics in the name of LOC violations.

I don't really see how that is a disadvantage; Pakistan has a massive and strong road infrastructure, capable of fast and smooth transport.

Yes and guess where that all comes from? China.

Just recently, India's IWT drama was humiliatingly pushed back to square one by China - even Indians are started to realize that China has them by the balls if India ever tried to divert even a liter of water away.

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/china-reacts-guardedly-to-indus-water-treaty-talks-suspension-1467269
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...n-Tibet-to-build-dam/articleshow/54622469.cms
https://www.thequint.com/world/2016...eapon-pakistan-river-mekong-brahmaputra-tibet
http://tribune.com.pk/story/1191953...ver-india-threatens-scrap-indus-water-treaty/
http://qz.com/790885/narendra-modi-...o-scrap-the-indus-water-treaty-with-pakistan/
https://www.telegraphindia.com/1160924/jsp/frontpage/story_109996.jsp#.WGXliRsrK00
http://www.hindustantimes.com/analy...p-for-india/story-LLyx2YvAPsSSU4y9uLWxyK.html

Yes but they are heavily defended. If the entire Indian invasion force couldn't defeat halved garrisons in 1965; how do you think it will be possible to defeat the defensive measurements Pakistan has installed, now?

A geographically large country would thin its military concentration.

Larger army, but I would not say better. The Indian army is struggling to provide proper vests, helmets and even food to its soldiers. Pakistani soldiers per average seem to be much more motivated, fit (mentally and physically), experienced, trained and better equipped. But yes, the Indian military has shinier toys than us (such as it's navy and air defense).
Battle hardened army....

Indeed, but it means India has to allocate its resources to protecting oil tanker convoys destined for India rather than attack Pakistani Positions. Granted the Indian Navy is larger, but it remains a strategic weakness for India, no matter how small

India can re-route oil supplies away from the Arabian Sea

we don't care if india pakistan are both doomed. Only thing we expect from our muslim brothers is that they kill the remaining hindus in the world.

Now that includes Hindus in Pakistan and Bangladesh as well I guess ?? And this is your mindset. Sorry but I have to call you a d@mn RACIST.

Shame on you. :devil::devil::devil:

Pakistan navy have the capability to destroy any ship with in 300km of the coast.
Secondly you can not block Pakistani supplies. We are connected with middle east,central asia and china through land. but we can make you suffer because of the small sea path to middle east which can easily covered by our coastal defense systems. and strong (will be more stronger after few years) submarine fleet.

Pakistan land bridge to China is vulnerable to artillery strikes. It is not an all weather highway.

There are no oil pipelines through Afghanistan or Iran

Pakistan land bridge to China is vulnerable to artillery strikes. It is not an all weather highway.

There are no oil pipelines through Afghanistan or Iran
india land bridge to siachin and chinese border at kashmir are also vulnerable to artillary strikes. Also not all weather highways.

The biggest diff is Pak has no skill or talents required to develop whereas India is way ahead in this respect. The best that Pak can hope for is to become mining colony for China. Unless they change their priorities completely.

All that is covered under one interest: keeping cross border terrorism from Pakistani side out. Anything else to do with Pakistan is quite trivial for India. No need to make it some sort of scale out conflict, which is a common mistake most Pak leaders as well as people do.

Wow, talk about burying head in the sand, delusional or whatnot. How does the obsession with CPEC, Balochistan, etc have anything to do with keeping the alleged terrorism out?

Now that includes Hindus in Pakistan and Bangladesh as well I guess ?? And this is your mindset. Sorry but I have to call you a d@mn RACIST.

Shame on you. :devil::devil::devil:

Its our destiny to destroy the hindu rashtrya and you cant beat destiny

The biggest diff is Pak has no skill or talents required to develop whereas India is way ahead in this respect. The best that Pak can hope for is to become mining colony for China. Unless they change their priorities completely.

You were behind for 40 years and you will be behind again soon

Its our destiny to destroy the hindu rashtrya and you cant beat destiny

You were behind for 40 years and you will be behind again soon
Please there are enougth racists in the world, I Live in Africa and Muslims and Hindus just get along. My cousins live in Europe and the xenophobia you present is no different from that of racists in Europe and Africa and beyond

Please there are enougth racists in the world, I Live in Africa and Muslims and Hindus just get along. My cousins live in Europe and the xenophobia you present is no different from that of racists in Europe and Africa and beyond
The person you just quoted is full of hatred and bigotry, must be a result of a sorry childhood, its better to ignore him

First thing I notice about India's vital weaknesses is the safety and maintenance issues in their navy and the utilization of logistics in that regard in which often result with the death of fellow sailors at docks and shipyards unfortunately.

I think its unfair to compare Pakistan to India.

One country is much bigger, by land and economy, Pakistan should be compared to likes of Iran and Saudi Arabia and Turkey more

Back
Top Bottom