What's new

Starting a new operation in Waziristan?

Whatever be the case, it does not add any value to your operation, giving advanced public notices. Especially so in CI. So why do it? On the contrary, the enemy now has about 1 month to move out their heavy military apparatus & top generals. So when you attack with full force after a month, you just kill a bunch of their minor pawns.

Did Taliban complain that 2 week's warning (In case of Swat) was insufficient?

doesnt make any difference. we would have given a notice in any case. not gonna start bombing while civillians are in there. espacially after COAS has given orders of minimisng civillains casulaties

doesnt make any difference. we would have given a notice in any case. not gonna start bombing while civillians are in there. espacially after COAS has given orders of minimisng civillains casulaties

the couldnt even enter mingora because taliban are holding them hostage and would of used the dead civilians as propaganda against the army

Whatever be the case, it does not add any value to your operation, giving advanced public notices. Especially so in CI. So why do it? On the contrary, the enemy now has about 1 month to move out their heavy military apparatus & top generals. So when you attack with full force after a month, you just kill a bunch of their minor pawns.

Did Taliban complain that 2 week's warning (In case of Swat) was insufficient?

Yeah. I guess RAW will have to re-route its payments now, huh?

It is beneficial to allow the civillians an advance notice, especially when both sides already know what's coming.

Gentlemen Pakistan army has launched an operation in South waziristan area of Baitullah Mahsud, The takfiri war lord belonging to LASHKER E JHUNGVI responsible for Nishter Park Bombing of Eid e Milad Procession, and brutal Killing of Shias in Kurram Agency.
he is also behind anti shia and Sunni Brelvi terrorism in Pakistan

according to BBC URDU
پاکستان کے نیم قبائلی علاقے جنڈولہ سکاؤٹس قلعہ سے پاکستانی فوج کے دستے ٹینکوں اور بھاری اسلحہ کی مدد سے جنوبی وزیرستان میں داخل ہوگئے ہیں۔

اطلاعات کے مطابق فوج نے طالبان کے کئی ٹھکانوں پر گولہ باری کی ہے لیکن تاحال کسی جانی نقصان کی خبر نہیں ہے۔

مقامی انتظامیہ کا کہنا ہے کہ منگل کی صبح فوج نے بیت اللہ گروپ کے مقامی طالبان کے خلاف محسود کے علاقے چگملائی میں کارروائی کرنے کے لیے جنوبی وزیرستان میں داخل ہوگئی۔

حکام کے مطابق اس مہم میں فوج کے آٹھ سو جوان، بھاری توپخانہ اور چار ٹینک شامل ہیں۔ اطلاعات کے مطابق جنڈولہ اور چگملائی کے درمیانی علاقے میں مقامی طالبان نے فوج پر راکٹوں اور خودکار ہتھیاروں سے حملے کیے جس کے بعد فوج نے بھی جوابی کاروائی کی ہے۔
مقامی انتظامیہ کے ذرائع کا کہنا ہے کہ سینکڑوں فوجی پیدل پہاڑی سلسلوں میں طالبان کے ٹھکانوں تک پہنچنے کی کوشش کر رہے ہیں اور سپلاتوئی کے مقام پر فوج پر حملے کے بعد اب گن شپ ہیلی کاپٹر بھی علاقے میں پہنچ گئے ہیں اور طالبان کے ٹھکانوں کو نشانہ بنایا گیا ہے۔

حکام کا کہنا ہے کہ جنڈولہ اور منزئی سے علاقہ محسود پر گولہ باری کا سلسلہ بھی جاری ہے لیکن تاحال کسی جانی نقصان کی اطلاع نہیں ملی۔

جنوبی وزیرستان سے ٹانک اور ڈیرہ اسماعیل خان کے مرکزی شاہراہیں بدستور بند ہیں جس کی وجہ سے نقل مکانی کرنے والوں کو شدید مشکلات کا سامنا ہے۔
?BBC Urdu? - ????????? - ?????? ???????? ??? ??? ???? ?

my prayers with great sons of my nation. InshaAllah they will hunt down this dajjal and bring him to justice

:pakistan:

Gentlemen Pakistan army has launched an operation in South waziristan area of Baitullah Mahsud, The takfiri war lord belonging to LASHKER E JHUNGVI responsible for Nishter Park Bombing of Eid e Milad Procession, and brutal Killing of Shias in Kurram Agency.
he is also behind anti shia and Sunni Brelvi terrorism in Pakistan

according to BBC URDU

?BBC Urdu? - ????????? - ?????? ???????? ??? ??? ???? ?

my prayers with great sons of my nation. InshaAllah they will hunt down this dajjal and bring him to justice

:pakistan:

I dont think he is not member of laskerjhanvi ,basically his brother started war against GOP because they supported US againt Afghan Talaban .Enemies of Pakistan is supporting him.

Our Beauro Chief confirmed that Baitullah is member of LJ

btw the secterian killings in Kurram, Karachi, DI Khan are all done by Baitullah thugs

Pakistan attacks militants in Waziristan, 6 dead
Tue May 26, 2009 2:34pm IST
Email | Print | Share| Single Page[-] Text [+] By Alamgir Bitani

PESHAWAR, Pakistan (Reuters) - Pakistani helicopter gunships attacked Taliban positions in the South Waziristan region on the Afghan border on Tuesday, killing six militants, intelligence officials and residents said.

The attack came as the army pressed on with an offensive against the Taliban in their Swat valley bastion, about 350 km to the northeast of South Waziristan, in its most concerted attempt to push back an expanding insurgency.

Speculation has been mounting that the army would soon turn its attention to South Waziristan, the headquarters of Pakistani Taliban leader Baitullah Mehsud and a major base area for his Afghan Taliban allies battling Western forces in Afghanistan.

The army sent in its helicopters shortly after militants fired rockets at a paramilitary force base in Siblatoi town, 60 km east of Waziristan's main town of Wana.

"The helicopter gunships are still attacking and so far six militants have been killed and 14 wounded," said an intelligence agency official in the area said, adding that ground troops had secured the nearby village of Chakmali.

South Waziristan has been a militant hub for years.

Many Taliban and al Qaeda fighters fled there, and to neighbouring North Waziristan, after U.S. forces and their Afghan allies drove the Taliban from power in Afghanistan in the weeks following the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks on the United States.

The United States and Afghanistan's U.S.-backed government have long pressed Pakistan to do more to root out militants from their border strongholds.

The United States, which is pouring thousands of extra troops into Afghanistan this year, has been attacking militants in both South and North Waziristan with missile-firing drone aircraft.

RESIDENTS FLEE

Tension has been building in South Waziristan since President Asif Ali Zardari told Britain's Sunday Times newspaper just over a week ago that the military would move against militants in Waziristan after clearing Swat.

Though Zardari is reported to have later denied that, military officials say an all-out offensive against militants in South Waziristan looks inevitable.

"We're ready for an operation in South Waziristan. Now it's just a matter of time," a senior intelligence official said.

Military spokesman Major-General Athar Abbas said last week there would be an operation in Waziristan and its timing would depend on the national interest.

With tension rising, civilians have begun leaving. Authorities are already trying to help more than 2 million people displaced from Swat and nearby districts.

About 10,000 people have fled from South Waziristan in recent days, many to the town of Dera Ismail Khan on the lowland to the east, a senior government official said.

"Now they're staying with relatives in Dera Ismail Khan and other areas but if the situation worsens then we'll have to make arrangements for their shelter and needs," said the official.
South Waziristan resident Mir Nawaz said he wasn't waiting for the fighting to start in earnest before getting his wife and children out.

"We're leaving our home because civilians die more than anyone else in such operations. I don't want my children to be killed," Nawaz said by telephone.

Authorities have accused Pakistani Taliban leader Mehsud of being behind a wave of attacks over the past two years, including the 2007 assassination of former prime minister Benazir Bhutto.

The United States announced in March a reward of $5 million for information leading to his location or arrest.

(Additional reporting by Zeeshan Haider)
Pakistan attacks militants in Waziristan, 6 dead | South Asia | Reuters

Our Beauro Chief confirmed that Baitullah is member of LJ

btw the secterian killings in Kurram, Karachi, DI Khan are all done by Baitullah thugs

i thought its done by LJ.
but if we go by ur claim then that would mean if we defeat BM we will defeat LJ as well?

I dont agree with opening of two many fronts at a time will be successful ,PA should plan and target slowly but steadily.

It is long term gurrilla war may continue for many decades.

Pakistan should take help of UN and NATO to defeat them .

i thought its done by LJ.
but if we go by ur claim then that would mean if we defeat BM we will defeat LJ as well?

yes
Nishter park blast was work of AMIR Mahsud cousin of Baitullah

kurram , aurkzai are works of Zulifqar Mahsud aka Hakeemullah Mahsud Nephew of Baitullah

secrerian killings in DI KHAN, Bhakkar and els where all leads to Mahsud Area.

BIBI was also killed by same group and one reason was that bibi was a shia

yes

kurram , aurkzai are works of Zulifqar Mahsud aka Hakeemullah Mahsud Nephew of Baitullah

interestin... so this who family is a problem for Pakistan.
btw i never knew BIBI was shia

yes

I dont believe it, it is aganit pushtoon tradition to kill any women.

Bhotto family belongs to Asna Ashari branch of Shia School of thought

Word Bhutto acutally taken from bhutta which is basically rajput clan of indian punjab,they dont have link with shia family but nusrat bhutto is from shia family.

Back
Top Bottom