What's new

Starting a new operation in Waziristan?

but what i wanna no is that is it safe to just go in and build schools and etc without casualities and its hard to know where suppourt is now

but what i wanna no is that is it safe to just go in and build schools and etc without casualities and its hard to know where suppourt is now

o lalay its not what i am saying
i am saying to educate people about taliban threat and islamic and national standing. use radio, newspapers, written material , every medium you feel which can help and start doing it before operation. it will help local population understand and will help when operation will start:cheers:

o lalay its not what i am saying
i am saying to educate people about taliban threat and islamic and national standing. use radio, newspapers, written material , every medium you feel which can help and start doing it before operation. it will help local population understand and will help when operation will start:cheers:

haha i get u now and i fully suppourt this notion but how much of this infrastructure is taliban controlled surely the taliban have been spreading thier propaganda the entire time they have been occuping these areas. Another important point is that alot of people have turned on the taliban and have been expelling and killing foriegn fighters in some tribal areas so those areas leave room for what ur suggesting

you see talibs filled vacuum created by absence of Govt

we must fill the vacuum i.e power vacuum. start behaving like we must and convince the people we are comitted and we care.

you see talibs filled vacuum created by absence of Govt

we must fill the vacuum i.e power vacuum. start behaving like we must and convince the people we are comitted and we care.

im not disagreeing wrora but im saying how can we physically go about this is it safe and feasible i think we should start by the areas that already suppourt us and show it in a positive light in the media and show the oppressed areas what they can have without these grim reapers running the streets

i think ANP can play a big role here in the tribal areas after taliban have cleared if they can get their secular ideology across then it will stop the spread of radical ideology in these areas. ANP can use the pashtoonwali card which is traditionally secular and a pashtoon will never disagree with pashtoonwali espcially in a place like waziristan but as of now its too unsafe for anyone so army needs to use media for the time being

Well these operations proof to be good for Pakistani. After these operations suicide attacks are nearly ended.
Keep it up PAKISTAN ARMY.
:pakistan:

Mehsud was a gym instructor????

My sympathies to anyone who couldn't perform a press up adequately.

Has anyone noticed that the public notice period to Taliban has gone up to a month now, from 2 weeks in case of Swat?

"The army is planning to go into Waziristan, possibly in June, which will involve huge numbers of troops in an attempt to establish some sort of state control over the area," said a source close to the Pakistani military.

So Taliban gets a month's notice, moves out the heavy equipment & important generals from there. Pakistani army attacks with full force in June & kills 750 Taliban sepoys. Gets billions of $$ in aid, and praise from all over the world for being 'stong' & 'determined' against the 'existential threat'.

this is going to be huge - corps level operation with SSG, Aviation and AirForce elements in support - some time in June-09.

well one thing about WAZIRISTAN.....these people are very very backward and they would take the army as occupiers as well!! i don't think the army will enjoy the support that it does in SWAT....and not to forget Waziristan people have been TICKED OFF pretty well by the US thanx to the DRONE attacks.....

Waziristan needs to be handled with care as to not make more enemies.....we want the local population to help us flush out the TALIBAN not back them up!!

well one thing about WAZIRISTAN.....these people are very very backward and they would take the army as occupiers as well!! i don't think the army will enjoy the support that it does in SWAT....and not to forget Waziristan people have been TICKED OFF pretty well by the US thanx to the DRONE attacks.....

Waziristan needs to be handled with care as to not make more enemies.....we want the local population to help us flush out the TALIBAN not back them up!!

exactly waziri people can be ur best friend but ur worst enemy there are alot of tribals who are against taliban we can start by clearing those areas but most important is not to be seen as an occupier those guys are like animals and alqeada is very strong there so it will be very tough the terrain isnt great but this op is inevitable because u can clear them from swat but u have a stronger taliban in waziristan

use of force is not a permanent remedy. they are our country men deal them accordingly. change this socio-economic order in ur country or els you will kill 1 and make 10 to replace him.
and for Gods sake act Independently dont give feeler that you act to earn dollars

use of force is not a permanent remedy. they are our country men deal them accordingly. change this socio-economic order in ur country or els you will kill 1 and make 10 to replace him.
and for Gods sake act Independently dont give feeler that you act to earn dollars
if we had of developed waziristan we wouldnt have this now if we had good education and adequate medical facilities none of this taliban crap would of existed

Back
Top Bottom