What's new

Starting a new operation in Waziristan?

yea we have to change this socio economic status que

our elite has ruined us

yea we have to change this socio economic status que

our elite has ruined us

but u see we havent given democracy a chance u cant have one term of a democratic govt followed by and army takeover and then its happens again u have to stick with it and allow the people to see who is doing what right and wrong and plus if does party does something wrong or doesnt provide someting the other party only for votes does it right and over time peoples criticism becomes sharper and so politicians have to do more in the way to development to keep getting votes but what are u going to do with an army general in power

I will be surprised if the PA opens another front of the Swat scale (and it will have to be of this scale if not bigger) in Waziristan before the Malakand Division operations are over.

The motive behind the release of this information may have been to prevent the TTP-Mehsud from sending significant reinforcements and supplies to Swat - they would likely build up their own defences if they were expecting a military offensive soon.

I will be surprised if the PA opens another front of the Swat scale (and it will have to be of this scale if not bigger) in Waziristan before the Malakand Division operations are over.

The motive behind the release of this information may have been to prevent the TTP-Mehsud from sending significant reinforcements and supplies to Swat - they would likely build up their own defences if they were expecting a military offensive soon.
would medsuds alliance with fazullah be that deep that he would send reinforcements i mean the guys getting nothing from it he is safe and preety also how would he go about actually supplying them with the army cutting everything off

would medsuds alliance with fazullah be that deep that he would send reinforcements i mean the guys getting nothing from it he is safe and preety also how would he go about actually supplying them with the army cutting everything off

thats how they survive. by helping each other.

thats how they survive. by helping each other.

i no but i dont think its as much of a material relationship as people might think i think its that they want to strike fear by showing they are united and have large influence i dont think mehsud would b able to send supplies now with such a tight perimeter by the army

i no but i dont think its as much of a material relationship as people might think i think its that they want to strike fear by showing they are united and have large influence i dont think mehsud would b able to send supplies now with such a tight perimeter by the army

i dont know wat kind of relationship have they got. but for now army has cut all the supply routes. some militants were reportedly enterin swat from bajur side but they were engaged and killed by army.

i dont know wat kind of relationship have they got. but for now army has cut all the supply routes. some militants were reportedly enterin swat from bajur side but they were engaged and killed by army.

waziristan is more important i think because of the heavy presence of al qeada and its elite shadow army which is also present in swat i think clearing waziristan and maintaining tight control of the border with adequate development is the way to go

This is an important article, if true. Very, very important.

Can you please elaborate, sir? I guess by starting new fronts, PA are committing more troops and equipment to the war and thinning out the number of enemies manning the defences, so the battles will be shorter and cause less damage to property? Basically it shows the PA is committed like never before?

this is going to be huge - corps level operation with SSG, Aviation and AirForce elements in support - some time in June-09.

According to Wikipedia:
Symbol |Name |Strength |Constituent units |Commander or leader
XXX |corps |30,000–80,000 |2+ divisions |lieutenant general

Sir, can you tell me how many men exactly are in a PA corps? Accoridng to wikipedia, PA has 11 corps, so 500,000/11 = ~45,000, so I'm guessing 45,000.
How much time do PA need to organise the force? Does the attack taking place in June show they are getting ready as fast as possible or...? Is it taking that much time because the forces involved must relocate from the east to west?

Last edited:
Can you please elaborate, sir? I guess by starting new fronts, PA are committing more troops and equipment to the war and thinning out the number of enemies manning the defences, so the battles will be shorter and cause less damage to property? Basically it shows the PA is committed like never before?

According to Wikipedia:
Symbol |Name |Strength |Constituent units |Commander or leader
XXX |corps |30,000–80,000 |2+ divisions |lieutenant general

Sir, can you tell me how many men exactly are in a PA corps? Accoridng to wikipedia, PA has 11 corps, so 500,000/11 = ~45,000, so I'm guessing 45,000.
How much time do PA need to organise the force? Does the attack taking place in June show they are getting ready as fast as possible or...? Is it taking that much time because the forces involved must relocate from the east to west?

2 Corps HQs are already present on the western borders at quetta and peshawar - mobilisation takes a few days only - the PA is on high alert - try getting into a cantonment area (if u r a civilian) you will know what i mean!:enjoy:

Pakistan have little choice now - now that they have managed to screw things to the degree that butcher work has become necessary.

It's not just FATA, it's Pakhtunkhwa as well - anyway you look at it, it's doody and it must be done if Pakistan is to survive.

If Pakistan are successful or rather if they appear to be successful (and be sure that such metrics include the degree to which there will be intolerance towards Talib administrative organs), a signal from Russia or Iran inviting Pakistani viewpoint on Afghanistan, among other things, should be forthcoming; clearly the American will choose to play his India card carefully.

Looking at this it is interesting.

Now according to one poster here the AP is on full alert so it can mobilise, well relevant parts, say in max 5 days.

So why give any notice almost 4 weeks ahead?
Well one poster has made some suggestions on this and that should be sufficient at present.

What is in the backroom happening?
Here I make some assumptions but possible slightly valid.
The US with India and Pakistan are dealing with one huge problem that is; the Pak/India border and Pakistan’s feelings of an Indian attack if the PA moves troops of the Pak/Indian border.
Now I suspect these talks are in hand and easing tension on the border will benefit both India and Pakistan.
India can concentrate on the various militants that move in to their side of Kashmir and the PA is able to safely deal with the militants in side its borders. Naturally this all supposes an agreement where no hot pursuits are to be allowed.

When the deal is signed and agreed the AP will move and it will not be waiting for June.

How the Op will be executed, well I could make a guess but heck just wait and see.

Just a passing thought.

I had expected this move, but not this early. And if I had expected this, a guy with zero military experience, surely the Taleban and the Army knew it long ago. Therefore, the so-called "advanced warning" is just a formality, isn't it? If you already know what's going to happen, and the enemy already knows as well, might as well let the country know so the support can build up. I don't see any valid points in the "advanced warning" theories so far. Maybe I'm wrong.

Anyway, as they say in the Navy SEALs, "one evolution at a time". Right now the biggest problem is Swat and surrounding areas. Dividing the Army too thinly may not be the best idea to someone like me, but I'm sure the Army knows what they're doing.

I had expected this move, but not this early. And if I had expected this, a guy with zero military experience, surely the Taleban and the Army knew it long ago. Therefore, the so-called "advanced warning" is just a formality, isn't it? If you already know what's going to happen, and the enemy already knows as well, might as well let the country know so the support can build up. I don't see any valid points in the "advanced warning" theories so far. Maybe I'm wrong.

Anyway, as they say in the Navy SEALs, "one evolution at a time". Right now the biggest problem is Swat and surrounding areas. Dividing the Army too thinly may not be the best idea to someone like me, but I'm sure the Army knows what they're doing.

Whatever be the case, it does not add any value to your operation, giving advanced public notices. Especially so in CI. So why do it? On the contrary, the enemy now has about 1 month to move out their heavy military apparatus & top generals. So when you attack with full force after a month, you just kill a bunch of their minor pawns.

Did Taliban complain that 2 week's warning (In case of Swat) was insufficient?

Whatever be the case, it does not add any value to your operation, giving advanced public notices. Especially so in CI. So why do it? On the contrary, the enemy now has about 1 month to move out their heavy military apparatus & top generals. So when you attack with full force after a month, you just kill a bunch of their minor pawns.

Did Taliban complain that 2 week's warning (In case of Swat) was insufficient?

Because everyone from the chief of WHO through to Barbra plett in Islamabad is crying "Give the people notice", let them know when your going to attack... Blagh, Blagh.

In a way reducing civillian casulties is in the long term benifit for Pakistan. We dont want to leave mental and long term social scars on an already troubled population.

Pakistan Army Gen. Athar was very clear in explaining this situation in his last press confrence. Please refer to: BBC NEWS | World | South Asia | Swat offensive heads for climax

Back
Top Bottom