What's new

Standard equipment of an average Pakistani Soldier ...

hmmm... should aim to make at least 100,000 of our infantry look like USMC...
For that we need the training as well. Our standard infantryman is equal to a US part time reservist.. combat rotations only ameliorate it a bit but both equipment and training matter.

I showed the video of a supposed clearing operation taken from a drone (in which we lost a few men) to US infantry vets and they found the whole thing amusing and our tactics idiotic and poorly executed.

For that we need the training as well. Our standard infantryman is equal to a US part time reservist.. combat rotations only ameliorate it a bit but both equipment and training matter.

I showed the video of a supposed clearing operation taken from a drone (in which we lost a few men) to US infantry vets and they found the whole thing amusing and our tactics idiotic and poorly executed.
Who do you think would in a combat between lets say 100 Pak soldiers and 100 Us soldiers with similar weapons, gear and terrain to which both are accustomed? How bad will it be?

Which vid ? Was that latest ? If you can , then post here so i can see how amusing it was ...

Who do you think would in a combat between lets say 100 Pak soldiers and 100 Us soldiers with similar weapons, gear and terrain to which both are accustomed? How bad will it be?
Dude lets just say 100 Taliban vs 100 US army troops (with out air support) , Taliban will cut em into pieces , these american pussies are just useless without air support ...

I think a potential starting point could be the LCBs, but they might be too few to make a strategic diff.

I

Which vid ? Was that latest ? If you can , then post here so i can see how amusing it was ...

Dude lets just say 100 Taliban vs 100 US army troops (with out air support) , Taliban will cut em into pieces , these american pussies are just useless without air support ...
Its the only one out there taken by a drone.

Id love to see your tall claims backed up by evidence on US troops inefficacy without US support.

Depends on the scenario.

Nothing is a case of “battlefield” game like even scenarios.

However with their standard equipment and training levels paired with equal Morale and Fatigue. A US Company of 100 troops from say the 101st airborne would win over a Pakistani LCB company due to better training, physical health and equipment down to each man.

I agree, our men need more training. But the type of training they need is much different from what people expect. You can’t teach a man to shoot twice. Our men can shoot and have pretty solid aim. They’re also brave. As much as I hate to bring it into a rational conversation about fighting. That “jazba” does matter. And we have enough of that.
The thing our soldiers lack is education. Simply; a US soldier is much better educated. It’s not that ours are illiterate, but theirs can be taught so much more than ours can just because of being better educated. In the past that has kept our soldiers looking like a militia in the face of proper armies. Though I have to say with the new generation I’ve seen improvements. Our soldiers are generally better understanding and more aware now due to the world we live in, and it’s helping us for the better. And slowly this generation will make it to the higher ranks as well. So we do have some hope there.
That being said. The enemies we fight or have fought till now have been better suited to this type of soldier. I.e: terrorists, which we’ve effectively fought. Plus India and Afghanistan. Which do even worst than us in this regard. At least our soldiers and disciplined and from a professional army. Plus they’re battle hardened.
Our whole country faces an issue of illiteracy and that’s been reflected in the armed forces in the past. I’ve grown up in and around the military and personally I think it’s gotten a lot better. Let’s see what the future holds.

Edit: one more thing that comes with that education is self reliance in the field. Pakistani soldiers rely on by the book training and actions and commands from officers. US soldiers due to better common sense and understanding would pick a path for themselves.
Hence we use so many officers in the field and the US deploys one LT and he’s like a great thing. Our LTs are like college freshmen.
In the field I’d expect a Pakistani soldier to do everything he’s been taught by the book. He’d do it perfectly. Even if it lead to failure.
A US soldier would follow orders the same as a Pakistani one. But he’d change what he needs to do depending upon the situation because he understands it better.
Again; I’ve seen improvement in this regard in our men. Hopefully more will come.

Its the only one out there taken by a drone.

Id love to see your tall claims backed up by evidence on US troops inefficacy without US support.

US troops are not ineffective. Quite the opposite. It’s not them that fail in Afghanistan because they can’t fight. That’s politics. And politics only make a military weak. Afghanistan isn’t just USA vs Taliban. It’s so much more.
If the USA really wanted to rid Afghanistan of literally every criminal. It could invade it and turn it into a colony with just a quarter of it’s military. But that won’t get them anything.

Depends on the scenario.

Nothing is a case of “battlefield” game like even scenarios.

However with their standard equipment and training levels paired with equal Morale and Fatigue. A US Company of 100 troops from say the 101st airborne would win over a Pakistani LCB company due to better training, physical health and equipment down to each man.
That physical health point is another overlooked thing. Any person from a developed country would be healthier and more fit regardless of equal diet and training. A major advantage.

Shown quite a few US videos to Pakistani soldiers and they have said the same thing about them.
Videos of particular operations on their own prove nothing. Way too many variables for each individual case.
Might be a new and green unit. Maybe intel was wrong. Maybe opposition put up more than expected resistance. Maybe expected support was late.

What makes an top Army is its ability to learn and adapt. Both at an institutional level and at the small unit level.

Shown quite a few US videos to Pakistani soldiers and they have said the same thing about them.
Videos of particular operations on their own prove nothing. Way too many variables for each individual case.
Might be a new and green unit. Maybe intel was wrong. Maybe opposition put up more than expected resistance. Maybe expected support was late.

What makes an top Army is its ability to learn and adapt. Both at an institutional level and at the small unit level.
Depends upon the unit too, the US military also has units whose quality and standards go up and down.
Depends upon quality of command.
Where the current US troop quality will go down will be their increasing political correctness with new recruits.
However, the general health consciousness of the current generation in the west and the ones after will have them with higher physical fitness than the less inclined ones in PA.
Unless it is pushed as an institution, as a “social status” to have great physiques.. it will always be a drawback.

The same goes with training standards.

Yes. The military has been aware of the problems with our recruits physical fitness for decades and has been working on its since the 1990’s. Gen Karamat introduced qualified fitness instructors and nutrition experts at the training centres.

the most improvement has come to the frontier corps

and they needed it the most

all our uniforms and gear should be sourced from local Pakistani companies

the most improvement has come to the frontier corps

and they needed it the most

all our uniforms and gear should be sourced from local Pakistani companies
Well , plate carrier and helmets are locally produced at GIDs and others things like rucksacks and holsters , ammo packs are produced by POF Clothing factory ... i don't know about mag carriers, tactical vests , knee and elbow pads though , i think these things are mostly imported ... Uniform is also produced by our POF clothing factory thats why oir military changes Camo so often ...

Strangely Enough I like the 2005 Uniform
The only thing perhaps which needed change was the large "bag" at back

It's big as a camping or mountaineering pack
baa2c62e924fd39e18506815d0d82560bd569ffbr1-417-414v2_hq.jpg

Additions recommended for this Uniform next stage

a) Helmet
b) Elbow Protector/ Knee Protector
c) New Ligher Rugged Shoes
d) Backpack weight / size need to be reduced

Would be interesting to know what was the old weight being carried by solider in Bag pack plus Gun / Ammo weight vs new Gear is the weight being carried lesser?
The back pack is fine. They are for light infantry. the weight carried by an infantryman never changes. if they make kit lighter you just carry more of everything else.

Back
Top Bottom