What's new

Standard equipment of an average Pakistani Soldier ...

Let's see if you get a chance to serve in the present infantry of Pakistan army.... You'll forget Signals.
Sir, I am more interested in Armoured corps. So basic infantry or attachments will be where I might have a chance to use these

Just to give an example, our normal infantry units were issued these.... Along with other pieces of sophisticated equipment... 9 years ago....
FLIR_Recon_B2_2014.jpg

FLIR – RECON® B2-FO
Fully integrated multi-sensor dual channel day/night thermal bi-ocular with geo-location.
  • High resolution, large format 640×480 mid-wave InSb sensor (320 x 240 option) delivers unmatched range performance and image quality with built-in STACE™ technology that digitally sharpens, tunes and enhances contrast for exceptional image detail
  • Forward Observer (FO) version includes Color CCD video day channel.
  • Split screen display
  • Fast 2 field-of-view system with 10 and 2.5 degree fields of view and digital zoom
  • Internal Global Positioning System (GPS), Digital Magnetic Compass (DMC) and Laser Rangefinder (LRF)
  • User Selectable E-STAB improves operational effectiveness
  • Flexible remote control, power, and video options
  • Lightweight and rugged,MIL-STD-810-F qualified

Just to give an example, our normal infantry units were issued these.... Along with other pieces of sophisticated equipment... 9 years ago....
View attachment 724665

FLIR – RECON® B2-FO
Fully integrated multi-sensor dual channel day/night thermal bi-ocular with geo-location.
  • High resolution, large format 640×480 mid-wave InSb sensor (320 x 240 option) delivers unmatched range performance and image quality with built-in STACE™ technology that digitally sharpens, tunes and enhances contrast for exceptional image detail
  • Forward Observer (FO) version includes Color CCD video day channel.
  • Split screen display
  • Fast 2 field-of-view system with 10 and 2.5 degree fields of view and digital zoom
  • Internal Global Positioning System (GPS), Digital Magnetic Compass (DMC) and Laser Rangefinder (LRF)
  • User Selectable E-STAB improves operational effectiveness
  • Flexible remote control, power, and video options
  • Lightweight and rugged,MIL-STD-810-F qualified
I remember hearing a subedar of Punjab regt ordering his jawan after some historical Punjabi abuses that"Sophie saaght nal akh pakki la ke rakhni ayy." Followed by some more gallian

I'm not talking about THOSE things... I'm talking about something more sophisticated... Like ballistic computing....

When thinking about equipment, I remember the Salala incident. Considering the Indians operate the Apaches as well, and that this kind of targeting is getting more common, I hope the PA has helmet mounted detection systems to know they are being lased. Especially one that knows the frequencies used by the common threats the PA could face, like the Indian Apaches. It’s an ITAR product (but ironically sold to the public in the US as long as they promise to not export it), but no reason something similar can’t be developed in Pakistan. It and systems like it seems to be ever present on western SF helmets, along with the IR patches which SF guys says doesn’t work that well, but that should be confirmed with local testing.

HEL-STAR F2 (lights up in IR and vibrates when lased)

This company has newer products but the vibrate function seemed impressive.

Seems to the most notable piece of gear rarely discussed publicly, out of all the pieces of equipment on modern SF helmets.

P.S. I believe on the earlier issue of the ballistic computer with an anti-tank rocket system, you were probably referring to the Spanish Alcotan 100 systems acquired a few years ago.

Last edited:
I'm not talking about THOSE things... I'm talking about something more sophisticated... Like ballistic computing....

Perhaps the army should look at the scopes being developed by L3 and see if it can source or co-develop a similar system. As part of the future US 6.8mm rifle with suppressor.

here is one of the three candidates for the future us army rifle, set to be decided by the end of this year. Even each squad of Pakistani commandos had only 2-3 of these rifles it could seriously change the dynamic on the battlefield, but obviously the teething problems will be revealed as the results of the competition become public.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom