What's new

‘Stand Up to US or Have Future Generations Deride Us’ – ISI Chief

@Agno is absolutely correct in saying in post #20 that not even the 'incompetence' label is valid here. Also refer to Rumsfeld's own observation about the OBL hiding in Abbotabad.
And if 'incompetence' is the argument then how about the incompetence of those who allowed FOUR planes to be hijacked at the same time despite monitoring some of the hijackers for months/years and despite the fact that USS Cole happened barely a year ago and despite the fact there were warnings about Al Qaida wanting to use commercial planes as weapons. How is THAT for incompetence. It almost sounds like complicity, given the conditions of US domestic security setup!

How many heads rolled in America over that? None! Because Bush said: 'They took advantage of our open society'...all dandy, right!

Fellow Pakistanis: Make no mistake about it: Pakistan is being framed through framing its military and intelligence agencies here. The end result, if Americans succeed, will be a much weaker Pakistan. We need to see recognize the trap. Now, you may think that I am one more army apologist then you are WRONG. I tend to support the PPP and have a long list of grievances against the military and the ISI, starting with the coup against ZAB. But I can see how Pakistan, as country is being framed here. My solution for Pakistan's problems is peace with India, but that is for another topic.

The government is a sell-out, on the payroll of the US. The Air Chief clearly said that if the civilian government gave the go-head to bring the drones down, they would bring them down right away. Remember, what he said was not whimsical, but an official statement made in the parliament of Pakistan in a 10 hour session. Unlike the military, the civilian government has not even once (in public or private) condemned the drone strikes against innocent Pakistani civilians. This is the reason why the US government has been saying nice things about Zardari & the civilian government, but really going after the Pakistan Army (Defense Forces) & the ISI. The US doesn't want the Zardari government toppled over as it get everything it wants from it.

Why should he resign? What do you think how these intel work? Have u watched / read interviews of the people living adjacent to that compound? They even are not aware of obl's presence in that compound bcaz he didnt come out of that compound. ISI doesnt work using safli ilm. Further just name the people who resigned after 9/11 or 26/11 or inability to find wmd in iraq?

It's not just about the raid it's about foreign operatives, intelligence failures, RD case, foreign agents in GoP, ISI cooperating with CIA, etc many failures over the years.

... (keeping in mind that paf cannot shot the drone down).

As far as capability goes, PAF can easily strike them down. The drones are neither fast nor agile. At most, they are slow-moving aerial targets for PAF.

The US doesn't want the Zardari government toppled over as it get everything it wants from it.

You are right and if you remember what Mushahid Hussain said about Zardari; he went to Bush and sought American support to become President.
Then there was other WikiLeak cable "leaked" out that showed Zardari was asking the US for FTA so he can remain in power.

This is why the current government cannot stand up to the US. People dependent on support have no courage or will to do anything.

I think in last 3 and a half years, we have got enough proof of where this govt. loyalty stays.. It surely is not towards Pakistan.. What more proof do we need?.. As far as Army is concerned, i am happy with the approach they have taken, enough of blaming PA for every mistake politicians make..

Now, DEMOCRATIC GOVT. what is YOUR response to current mess??

One more thing, Gen Pasha offered to resign, how many politicians cum ministers and bureaucrats can display this strength of character? Also, Chaudhary Nisar tried forcing ISI Chief to make him PM, on refusal started talking bad about ISI.

One more thing, Gen Pasha offered to resign, how many politicians cum ministers and bureaucrats can display this strength of character? Also, Chaudhary Nisar tried forcing ISI Chief to make him PM, on refusal started talking bad about ISI.

Pashs knew that kayani was not going to accept his resignation, so it was a sort of drama!

as far as CH NISAR is concerned he is just a barking D**. He speaks as if he is a very honest & straitforward politician,who is hell bent on making things right for the sake of country & many people fall for it. he is a typical PML N munafiq just like his leadership. no wonder he is near to those TWO BIGOTS. I ll support HASHMI any day just becoz he is a MAVERICK & he won't take any gobs**** from those two.

Instead of offering his resignation he should have resigned immediately, onlly kids get impressed with these kind of topi dramas.

I think in last 3 and a half years, we have got enough proof of where this govt. loyalty stays.. It surely is not towards Pakistan.. What more proof do we need?.. As far as Army is concerned, i am happy with the approach they have taken, enough of blaming PA for every mistake politicians make..

Now, DEMOCRATIC GOVT. what is YOUR response to current mess??

Fortunately more and more people in Pakistan are coming to know that the real truth is the other way round. Therefore, stop spreading the ISPR propagands that nobody believes anymore.

My point is that all effective probes into this grave misuse of power and miscarriage of justice have been stopped with the connivance of the CJ, the ISI/military and the politicians.

May be those who have gone missing deserved it, may be they did not, but a system that can be so callous with its own people in this manner without any accountability, does not have a lot of credibility when it raises a hue and cry about incidences like Aafia or Raymond Davis, but merely helps perpetuate the "culture of impunity" that has brought Pakistan to state it finds itself in presently. Further, the desire to mantain the status quo creates the kind of spineless servitude, as mentioned by Gen Pasha, that rankles patriots the most, including me.

@VCheng

SPOT ON

If pasha had wanted to resign then nothing in this world could have stoped him. Maybe his affaliation to KAYANI was an influence on his desicion as not to resign. HE is a close confidant of KAYANI & he might have thoght it professionally & moraly wrong to leave his general.i don't think the ppp goverment wanted him to resign either, reason being that pasha's resignation at the hands of ppp government would have blown away the cover of establishment being strong & anti ppp. this in effect would have taken away cover that the establishment is beyond accountability & the reason of pakistan's troubles.It's a great tool to have at home & at international level as it allows the ppp to hide it's incompetency & play the victim card.

If pasha had wanted to resign then nothing in this world could have stoped him. Maybe his affaliation to KAYANI was an influence on his desicion as not to resign. HE is a close confidant of KAYANI & he might have thoght it professionally & moraly wrong to leave his general.i don't think the ppp goverment wanted him to resign either, reason being that pasha's resignation at the hands of ppp government would have blown away the cover of establishment being strong & anti ppp. this in effect would have taken away cover that the establishment is beyond accountability & the reason of pakistan's troubles.It's a great tool to have at home & at international level as it allows the ppp to hide it's incompetency & play the victim card.

Priceless, even the most competent generals counld not come up with this gem. I love the way you people spin these theories.

Back
Top Bottom