What's new

Sri lankan players barred from playing in chennai

angelo mathews cant be considered a tamil for 2 reasons.1.his mother is a sinhalese.2.he cant utter a single word in tamil.
tamils treat well a non tamil who can speak tamil better than a half tamil who cant speak a single tamil word.angelo grew up speaking sinhalese in colombo.he cant be a tamil by any stretch.

who are u to question anjelo's tamilness when he himself says he is tamil. Tamil is an ethnicity man, language doesnt matter. U have no idea abt these matters. After all saying he is not tamil cos he cannot speak tamil, brings out the racist in u

@Gibbs
nobody claim identity based on a language without speaking it.I dont know what is racist in that.I never across anyone boasting tht mathews is a tamil here in india like they respect and revere murali.tamils are not racist.they take anyone who speaks tamil into their fold.no matter how well u speak english,the english will never consider u an english.

Dont u think the bolded parts in ur comment makes ur point contradictory :D after all ethnicity and language are two different things. U need some education on this. He is tamil cos his father is tamil. And he says he is tamil. who the hell are u to qn that?

And u re being racisnt here

Last edited by a moderator:
There is nothing factual in any of your replies except revisionist Lankan (sinhala) "facts". Dont know how they cant be countered except being ignored.

And your further quotes will be ignored too.

U ignore them cos u fail to counter argue. U knw we kne SL better than u do, so u run away when lankans are in this forum

Having dealt with Lankans all our history, we do have an idea how this go about, much better than any of you guys..that's why I said hope that cross-roads comes much sooner when we still have some time and not too late. Also threats too work sometimes. Especially when tolerance is taken as weakness.

i dont remember u dealing with us, we normally deal with the centre not a branch. can u elaborate more

Thambi ippadi ellam pesa koodathu,muthuramlaingam ayya ippadiya pesa sonnanga?

"Deshiyamum Deiveegamum enathu iru kangal" nu ayya sollirukaanga.. Aana mathavanga namma valiya purinjukka maatikuraangalae.. Namma 7kodi paeru sollurom, aana oruthan kooda kaeka maatenguraanae athaan kovama irruku..

Yes I am angry, read my signature once you will understand me.. Ellam kovamthula vanthuruchu na.. ippokonjam cool aayachu..

@JanjaWeed Referendum is a non-starter. Impetus must be on making them implement what they said they would like devolving political powers to Tamil areas and stop cultural aggression by thrusting sinhalese language there.. Nothing more nothing less.

where has sinhala being thrusted on Tamils? government is encouraging tri lingual education. even colombo and sinhala majority areas are filled with bill bords of tamil language learning

Most of Tamils in Tamilnadu has a feeling that "Tamils" got defeated by "Sinhalese". lol It's their fault, they can't see a terrorist group as a terrorist group. Tamils in Sri Lanka have to live with Sinhalese. TN Tamils aren't the people who feed them, after end of the war TN Tamils are crying. Who are these Tamilnadu Tamils, the people who support and gave train to terror organization. Now they are crying telling they got BIGGER damage. Isn't it silly? End of the day India will be the looser, they will lose Sri Lanka, they will lose TN "Tamil" faith, they will lose to China.

These TN protests help us to move towards to China with out any fear, Thanks to Tamilnadu. ;) This is what happens someone got blind with their race!

Logic like these can make ppl like u n heinz happy. but not SL

No that has not happened.

Yes, some have resigned to the fate of the sinhalese domination while others still maintain that autonomy.

After Balachandran was killed in front of that traitor Karuna. We have all these kinds of people.

This is lesson for u! SL tamils in SL are our issue and we will handle it. Howmuch u jump in TN streets doesnt change the fact, tamils will have to live in a sinhala dominated SL. I have tamil friends and many i ve talked to agree with me on that. Even the tamil leaders in SL dont ask for seperation. Do u knw that tamil population is dropped due to immigration and a creation of eelam on the basis of language would make it 50% muslim ?

dont talk abt things u have no knowledge of. Btwen we will not let some jobless sorry a$$es in TN to decide SL's future.

The main reason that they are feeling dejected is because they cannot see a way out of the sinhala domination. It is where the Indian Tamils are chipping in.

I sincerely feel the demise of LTTE is the best thing to have happened for a real Eelam otherwise it will be yet an another tin pot dictatorship.

The most important thing here is people must not loose hope, I have see people loosing hope even here in PDF.

The struggle must be seen in terms of many years rather than few attempts and getting dejected at failures.

1. This is not ur struggle.....there are many struggles u can wage for ur own state.
2. This is a lankan issue.
3. majority of Tamils live in sinhala areas.
4. there are communities other than sinhala and tamil.
5. We defended SL unity with a bloody war and we will defend it further whatever it takes.
6. In east tamils are a minority muslims are a majority, tamils need sinhalese support to even form a gov there. :D

and last but not least THIS IS OUR PROBLEM, NOT YOURS

"Deshiyamum Deiveegamum enathu iru kangal" nu ayya sollirukaanga.. Aana mathavanga namma valiya purinjukka maatikuraangalae.. Namma 7kodi paeru sollurom, aana oruthan kooda kaeka maatenguraanae athaan kovama irruku..

Yes I am angry, read my signature once you will understand me.. Ellam kovamthula vanthuruchu na.. ippokonjam cool aayachu..

Let me continue in English,

There is a lot more to it than you know.

They certainly dont know enough but we also know less and less.

Btw,guys The war between Maravars of RamNad and the Buddhists of SL is an age old thing,

but let me say only one thing, two men can fight like monsters one day and make peace tomorrow,it is normal.

People who have extreme hate for another alone can also love each tomorrow but the talk and the walk should be straightforward instead of third parties doing the negotiations.

where has sinhala being thrusted on Tamils? government is encouraging tri lingual education. even colombo and sinhala majority areas are filled with bill bords of tamil language learning

I can vouch for that saying,it is indeed true to see Trilingual boards.

saradiel,take a bow.

This is the solid truth.

Ind had two wars with Pak. Ind always have problems with Pak whether its terrorist training,...there is nothing in between SL and Ind. Actually it was india who started terror in SL

Hmm no. It was the Official Languages Act which started the whole thing and the Black July riots that precipitated the war.

I know once given these you will "reject" them as propaganda and try to bury your head, but there is no harm in trying.

http://srilankabrief.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/slb-briefing-notes-no-5-hr-situation-in-north-sri-lanka-2012.pdf

And its executive summary

The incidents and trends described in this report, is an indicator of the government‘s unwillingness to implement some of the more constructive recommendations of the LLRC. Continuing disappearances, sexual abuse, arrests under the prevention of terrorism act, restrictions, intimidations, assaults on journalists and human rights defenders, restrictions and attacks on peaceful protests, remembrance events for those killed, religious events, singing of the national anthem in Sinhalese only, continuing occupation of land by the military and refusal to hand over occupying land or even provide alternative land and compensation, continuing military involvement in civil administration, shops, restaurants, farms, tourist resorts, teaching in schools etc. – all clearly indicate the lack of progress in implementing LLRC recommendations. On the other hand, the government has been unwilling to ensure independent investigations into allegations of violations of international law during the last phase of the war and all other past abuses.

Militarisation and Imposition of Sinhala Buddhist Culture on the North has Gone on Unabated in 2012

The Militarisation and Imposition of Sinhala Buddhist Culture on the North has Gone on Unabated in 2012.

--

@bronxbull - hi, I dont know about your political idealogies but I find it extremely discomforting that you certify as "solid" truth something which is NOT (at worst) or just cherry picked truth (at best)

@Saradiel the rest of your posts is just empty triumphalist rhetoric that I dont need to reply to.

KS,

I dont have a chocie man,in these we are on opposite sides,i have been to Colombo and seen too many things on the contrary.

I also have SL Sinhalese/Tamil people being friends here and it is not black/white as we imagine.

PS: and Karthic,LTTE killed too many moderates for my own liking.If they could not win their own elites in a free and fair manner,thats casts a huge shadow.

And i feel you should go to Colombo/Kandy once to see the reality,Also Sinhalese society is as fractured as the tamil society full of moderates and extremists and you can add the Tamil Muslims too who conveniently changed their colour and became muslims by nationality instead of continuing as Tamil Muslims.

why srilanka goes to india to be humiliated?
I dont think it is a humiliation. i want SL players to go there and cheered by rest of the Indians :)

i m with tamils.. no cricket with baby killers
Then stop playing it urself.

It is NOT a lankan matter when Indian govt was hands in glove with the Lankans in the whole ethnic cleansing thing and it was to Indian govt that Lanka made many promises regarding what they will do to reconcile with Tamils, which they have not done till now.

So its very much our matter and actually a matter of prestige that a tiny nation has gone back on its word it have to us and we are powerless to hold them accountable for that.
Where was an ethnic cleansing of tamils. What we had was ethnic cleansing by LTTE of muslims from north. Indian and Lankan governments know on what they promised and they will act according to that. TN which is JUST a part of india cannot influence it. SL gov do reconcile with tamils and it is the TN goons that make it difficult for SL. TN politicians are like a bunch of vultures feasting on a dead body using SL’s internal prob.

These sort of hatred comments from the fellow Indians against tamil just for a sport/Cricket, created a big spark in Tamil Nadu.. Why we stopped playing cricket with Pakistan?? bcoz they killed many people in Mumbai is your answer... But if the srilankan navy kills 100s of Indian tamil fishermen every year or if they kill thousands of Tamils(may be they are lankan's first, but what's your the response for our emotions?), you cant stop playing cricket and you will say its just a sport.. What you have done to save Indian Tamil fishermen, how many died for the bullets of lankan navy, do anyone know?

Remember this, We are Indians for only 70 years... But we are Tamils for more than 1000years...
Where was 100s of TN fishermen killed and TN has not given any evidence for that. Even GOI and Indian coast guard reject such claims by TN. The very reason u guys are NOT taken seriously is you LIE a lot, whether it is fishermen killing, genocide, ethnic cleansing. The laughable thing is TN cry for SL tamils while stealing their fish.
That is what I call as hypocrisy - You stick your nose where it does not belong but you will not stick your nose especially when you were the reason for the issues in SL(read it as creation of LTTE and hijacking the SL tamil movement for India's selfish policies) and ignoring the 70 million of its own population's sentiments as well.
If so u SL tamils should deal it with India not u :D
That's what i am asking, why they are not protecting Indian Tamil fisher men?? see how many are dieing every year.. And ask the government to shut-up if there is any issue for hindus/sikhs in pakistan or anywhere else in the world, becoz we are the one who won't protect blindly the sentiments..
The reason is ur ppl have not provided any evidence for that. Even Indian coast guards reject those claims. Why don’t u ask your fishermen to stay within your limits. And don’t u think it is hypocritical when u cry for lankan tamils while robbing their fish?

Then what's the job of coast gaurd?? if our fisher men is crossing the water, inform them or make a mark in the waters, or deploy a team where frequently fishermen are crossing and return them back to Indian waters.. Nothing is happening, just for name shake Coast Gaurd..
Yes, we will not listen to what your Indian government or you say, when you are not ready to listen our voice.. take out the IPL from our land we dont want that... We are Tamilians first not Indians...
TN fishermen cross borders intentionally and in thousands. That is y ICG cant stop them. The time TN goons stop acting like spoilt brats and crying for things from papa (india) to do this or that, u will be taken seriously. No matter how many of u fast GOI cannot do what u ask, it is simply because it is impossible.
How many Lankan Fishermen our coast gaurd shot? Just show me one, or they not crossed in to our waters till now?? Even our army is returning pakistani common civilians if they cross the border by mistake, even pakistan army returned Indian helicopter with the army men on board when they landed in pakistan land by mistake. I dont know how you people are justifying everything when it comes to Tamils and Tamil Nadu??athu unakku ethukku??
Lankan fishermen hardly cross the boundary. They have enough fish in Lankan sea.
The threat lankan fishermen face is TN fishermen steal their fish, cut their nets and take the nets away and threaten them while stealing their own resource. What we have is a set of truly victimized lankan fishermen and a set of robbing threatening and lying TN fishermen.

Now war is over right?? why shooting is happening now also.. Even Jaya warned central government, Do you think people of tamil nadu are really foolish to hear such warnings from a politician with out any attacks by the lankan navy?
Read this source a neutral one The Unnoticed India-Sri Lanka Fishing War | IDN-InDepthNews | Analysis That Matters
Where did shooting happened recently? U really don’t want us to test the stupidity of TN ppl by looking at ur politicians. Do u? :D

India is humiliating itself by targeting peaceful sport persons not other way round.

Hmm no. It was the Official Languages Act which started the whole thing and the Black July riots that precipitated the war.
I knw issues in my country. The conflict was there. It was turned into a civil war by india. Also india safeguarded LTTE when SL was going to finish them off in 87.

Back
Top Bottom