What's new

Sri lankan players barred from playing in chennai

why srilanka goes to india to be humiliated?
I dont think it is a humiliation. i want SL players to go there and cheered by rest of the Indians :)

i m with tamils.. no cricket with baby killers
Then stop playing it urself.

It is NOT a lankan matter when Indian govt was hands in glove with the Lankans in the whole ethnic cleansing thing and it was to Indian govt that Lanka made many promises regarding what they will do to reconcile with Tamils, which they have not done till now.

So its very much our matter and actually a matter of prestige that a tiny nation has gone back on its word it have to us and we are powerless to hold them accountable for that.
Where was an ethnic cleansing of tamils. What we had was ethnic cleansing by LTTE of muslims from north. Indian and Lankan governments know on what they promised and they will act according to that. TN which is JUST a part of india cannot influence it. SL gov do reconcile with tamils and it is the TN goons that make it difficult for SL. TN politicians are like a bunch of vultures feasting on a dead body using SL’s internal prob.

These sort of hatred comments from the fellow Indians against tamil just for a sport/Cricket, created a big spark in Tamil Nadu.. Why we stopped playing cricket with Pakistan?? bcoz they killed many people in Mumbai is your answer... But if the srilankan navy kills 100s of Indian tamil fishermen every year or if they kill thousands of Tamils(may be they are lankan's first, but what's your the response for our emotions?), you cant stop playing cricket and you will say its just a sport.. What you have done to save Indian Tamil fishermen, how many died for the bullets of lankan navy, do anyone know?

Remember this, We are Indians for only 70 years... But we are Tamils for more than 1000years...
Where was 100s of TN fishermen killed and TN has not given any evidence for that. Even GOI and Indian coast guard reject such claims by TN. The very reason u guys are NOT taken seriously is you LIE a lot, whether it is fishermen killing, genocide, ethnic cleansing. The laughable thing is TN cry for SL tamils while stealing their fish.
That is what I call as hypocrisy - You stick your nose where it does not belong but you will not stick your nose especially when you were the reason for the issues in SL(read it as creation of LTTE and hijacking the SL tamil movement for India's selfish policies) and ignoring the 70 million of its own population's sentiments as well.
If so u SL tamils should deal it with India not u :D
That's what i am asking, why they are not protecting Indian Tamil fisher men?? see how many are dieing every year.. And ask the government to shut-up if there is any issue for hindus/sikhs in pakistan or anywhere else in the world, becoz we are the one who won't protect blindly the sentiments..
The reason is ur ppl have not provided any evidence for that. Even Indian coast guards reject those claims. Why don’t u ask your fishermen to stay within your limits. And don’t u think it is hypocritical when u cry for lankan tamils while robbing their fish?

Then what's the job of coast gaurd?? if our fisher men is crossing the water, inform them or make a mark in the waters, or deploy a team where frequently fishermen are crossing and return them back to Indian waters.. Nothing is happening, just for name shake Coast Gaurd..
Yes, we will not listen to what your Indian government or you say, when you are not ready to listen our voice.. take out the IPL from our land we dont want that... We are Tamilians first not Indians...
TN fishermen cross borders intentionally and in thousands. That is y ICG cant stop them. The time TN goons stop acting like spoilt brats and crying for things from papa (india) to do this or that, u will be taken seriously. No matter how many of u fast GOI cannot do what u ask, it is simply because it is impossible.
How many Lankan Fishermen our coast gaurd shot? Just show me one, or they not crossed in to our waters till now?? Even our army is returning pakistani common civilians if they cross the border by mistake, even pakistan army returned Indian helicopter with the army men on board when they landed in pakistan land by mistake. I dont know how you people are justifying everything when it comes to Tamils and Tamil Nadu??athu unakku ethukku??
Lankan fishermen hardly cross the boundary. They have enough fish in Lankan sea.
The threat lankan fishermen face is TN fishermen steal their fish, cut their nets and take the nets away and threaten them while stealing their own resource. What we have is a set of truly victimized lankan fishermen and a set of robbing threatening and lying TN fishermen.

Now war is over right?? why shooting is happening now also.. Even Jaya warned central government, Do you think people of tamil nadu are really foolish to hear such warnings from a politician with out any attacks by the lankan navy?
Read this source a neutral one The Unnoticed India-Sri Lanka Fishing War | IDN-InDepthNews | Analysis That Matters
Where did shooting happened recently? U really don’t want us to test the stupidity of TN ppl by looking at ur politicians. Do u? :D

India is humiliating itself by targeting peaceful sport persons not other way round.

Hmm no. It was the Official Languages Act which started the whole thing and the Black July riots that precipitated the war.
I knw issues in my country. The conflict was there. It was turned into a civil war by india. Also india safeguarded LTTE when SL was going to finish them off in 87.

Where was an ethnic cleansing of tamils. What we had was ethnic cleansing by LTTE of muslims from north. Indian and Lankan governments know on what they promised and they will act according to that. TN which is JUST a part of india cannot influence it. SL gov do reconcile with tamils and it is the TN goons that make it difficult for SL. TN politicians are like a bunch of vultures feasting on a dead body using SL’s internal prob.

I had already posted the link which says the militarization and sinhalization of the Tamil areas is going on unabated even in 2012. Nice way to reconcile.

And the Lankan govt promised the devolution of powers to the Tamil areas in seeking Indian support (the so called Thirtheenth Amendment Plus), but the recent Divi Neguma bill is exactly the opposite of that. Divi Neguma Bill. There is no reconciliation going on there. Just a brute imposition of sinhala majoritarianism.

I knw issues in my country. The conflict was there. It was turned into a civil war by india. Also india safeguarded LTTE when SL was going to finish them off in 87.

No. The peaceful and democratic protests was turned into a armed rising by the Black July riots in which thousands of tamil civilians all over the country were killed.

I know once given these you will "reject" them as propaganda and try to bury your head, but there is no harm in trying.

http://srilankabrief.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/slb-briefing-notes-no-5-hr-situation-in-north-sri-lanka-2012.pdf
And its executive summary

Militarisation and Imposition of Sinhala Buddhist Culture on the North has Gone on Unabated in 2012

The Militarisation and Imposition of Sinhala Buddhist Culture on the North has Gone on Unabated in 2012.

--

@bronxbull - hi, I dont know about your political idealogies but I find it extremely discomforting that you certify as "solid" truth something which is NOT (at worst) or just cherry picked truth (at best)

@Saradiel the rest of your posts is just empty triumphalist rhetoric that I dont need to reply to.
We reject what u say because u always bring unsubstantiated claims like genocide, ethnic cleansing, killing 600 (some even say 1000) fishermen. Whenever u are asked for any evidence or even a UN report (which is anti SL) that specifically say there was a genocide u ppl run away like cowards and pop up in a different thread with the same rheotic. U need to understand the reason u ppl are not taken seriously even by rest of the india is because u lie a LOT.
U have in many instances run away from my arguments saying u don’t want to argue with a Sinhalese. But in reality u fail pathetically in counter arguing.
To have a Sinhala Buddhist culture thrust upon N n E Sinhala ppl have to migrate there. You don’t see such a thing. If u go to Jaffna it is largely tamil. I had a chat with a tamil friend of mine who is pro LTTE and asked him what are those probs he complained abt military in Kilinochchi but when asked abt north he too said it is quite ok.
I knw I cant prove what I say, but just go n see those areas or simply ask a person from them.

I challenge u show a single instance I showed triumphalism. :D I bet that is a way of telling me u cant counter argue and reply what I say.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. This is not ur struggle.....there are many struggles u can wage for ur own state.
2. This is a lankan issue.
3. majority of Tamils live in sinhala areas.
4. there are communities other than sinhala and tamil.
5. We defended SL unity with a bloody war and we will defend it further whatever it takes.
6. In east tamils are a minority muslims are a majority, tamils need sinhalese support to even form a gov there. :D

and last but not least THIS IS OUR PROBLEM, NOT YOURS

Lankan Tamils, Time and Indian Tamils aka Indians will decide that. Let me explain one by one

1. Lankan Tamils: Lankan Tamils are with us. Did not the British had serving Lankans, does it mean that those serving Lankans did not had any aspirations for independence.

2. Time: It was in your favour when you won the war. But if you keep on postponing the LLRC suggestions slowly but steadily both the time and tide is turning against you.

3. Indian Tamils aka Indians: I fail to understand the premise that the rest of Indians will keep on supporting the SL no matter what happens in TN. Have you any idea about how long this will continue. It will just take one incident and few more betrayals by SL to have the rest of Indians in our hand.

SL has to be lucky every time and we have to be lucky only once when a strong leader or when we force the Indian Government to step on their own behalf.

East Timor was not born in one day.

I had already posted the link which says the militarization and sinhalization of the Tamil areas is going on unabated even in 2012. Nice way to reconcile.
I read ur link. I didn’t see any sinhalization in N&E but about militarization in N&E. If SLA is strengthening their camps in N&E it is their affair. The reason the army is doing this is they expect any trouble instigated by TN goons. If tamils in N&E has to go on hardship because of military, it is because of the fake war drum beaters in TN.
And pls read an article before u paste the link. :D
Yeah we do reconcile and it will take time. The more u ppl run havoc the more time it would take. Reconciliation is not some thing that can be achieved within 4-5 years. It is a process. And I have my own criticism to what gov do which I raise with my countrymen but nt with u. got it?

And the Lankan govt promised the devolution of powers to the Tamil areas in seeking Indian support (the so called Thirtheenth Amendment Plus), but the recent Divi Neguma bill is exactly the opposite of that. Divi Neguma Bill. There is no reconciliation going on there. Just a brute imposition of sinhala majoritarianism.
No. The peaceful and democratic protests was turned into a armed rising by the Black July riots in which thousands of tamil civilians all over the country were killed.
There was mass opposition to Divi neguma bill within SL. And as I said be4 we in SL will take care of that and it is a lengthy process. I have debated abt power devolution with my country men in this forum itself. And these things don’t come easily. Also the current state in TN and TD makes it difficult for a power devolution. Do u really think Mahinda will do a power devolution when TN goons at the other end scream for a separate country? It will only result in further militarization.
Btwn why do u bring “evidence” for militarization and sinhalization (which u failed) when I asked for evidence for genocide and ethnic cleansing? Is it that difficult ?

Lankan Tamils, Time and Indian Tamils aka Indians will decide that. Let me explain one by one
1. Lankan Tamils: Lankan Tamils are with us. Did not the British had serving Lankans, does it mean that those serving Lankans did not had any aspirations for independence.
2. Time: It was in your favour when you won the war. But if you keep on postponing the LLRC suggestions slowly but steadily both the time and tide is turning against you.
3. Indian Tamils aka Indians: I fail to understand the premise that the rest of Indians will keep on supporting the SL no matter what happens in TN. Have you any idea about how long this will continue. It will just take one incident and few more betrayals by SL to have the rest of Indians in our hand.
SL has to be lucky every time and we have to be lucky only once when a strong leader or when we force the Indian Government to step on their own behalf.
After reading ur starting para I was expecting some serious stuff. But u TN goons always disappoint me with ur comical comebacks.
1. N&E of SL are integral parts of SL and not some india under british rule. There are tamil leaders loyal to Lankan regime. There were tamil paramilitaries under Lankan army that fought against Prabha. East has a non tamil majority. Majority of tamils are among Sinhalese. These are REALITIES u ppl fail to understand. Not every lankan tamil want separation cos this is not a two way game now but three way with moors forming a significant population in N&E. after all sitting in TN what do u knw of SL?
2. We won the war and we control our country. LLRC was brought by the SLG and we will do that cos we want that. Not because u want it. LLRC will be done, if not by MR even by a future gov.

3. The reality is man, Indian politics do not work the way u want it. :D do u think SL has no cooperation with Indian gov? do u think when Modi or UPA get power GOI would suddenly turn into pro tamil? India cannot do any tasks that are impossible how many crybabies in TN die. It is simply because it is impossible. There are many things in foreign affairs that u don’t understand. How many ppl of u die in TN streets u cant prove a genocide in SL, simple because there was none. U cant prove any non existing thing. Also u don’t have any leverage. We are the ones on the ground. I knw many of u cry for india to do a Bangladesh in SL, but many things have happened then and time has passed by. The world is different now.
Whatever said and done, tamils are better off now in SL than they were 5 yrs ago. These are facts.
Why do u often say Indian tamils aka Indians ? To make urself believe in that?
After all any force by any external party would causea big blood bath. You don’t want any reconciliation in SL or development of lives of tamils here. U want to separate our country and we are fully capable to defend it cos what u suggest is a foreign invasion.
As u hardly know abt east timor, let me educate u. :D
i. East-Timor’s ground for referendum -
• The referendum for East – Timor was requested from the UN, by the Indonesian President and Head of State, Bacharuddin Jusuf Habibie in January 1999, after he replaced General Suharto in 1997 and NOT by East Timoreans or their powerful political group, “Fretilin”.
• The request for the referendum by Habibie came during his re democratising programme in post Suharto Indonesia.
• President Habibie publicly accepted that it was not economically beneficial and profitable for Indonesia to hold on to East Timor
• A large part of East Timor including its highlands was under Fretilin and controlled by them in 1999, when Habibie invited the UN to hold a referendum for East Timor.
• Since declaring East Timor an independent State in November 1975, Fretilin went ahead in establishing a de facto government within East Timor, with an organisational structure put in place for implementing its social development programmes in all areas under their control.
• Fretilin was therefore recognised as the legitimate political representation in East Timor, that would effectively campaign for the referendum, mobilising people to vote and stand with the people against all violations.

They why do you bother to post here, run off.

After reading ur starting para I was expecting some serious stuff. But u TN goons always disappoint me with ur comical comebacks.
1. N&E of SL are integral parts of SL and not some india under british rule. There are tamil leaders loyal to Lankan regime. There were tamil paramilitaries under Lankan army that fought against Prabha. East has a non tamil majority. Majority of tamils are among Sinhalese. These are REALITIES u ppl fail to understand. Not every lankan tamil want separation cos this is not a two way game now but three way with moors forming a significant population in N&E. after all sitting in TN what do u knw of SL?
2. We won the war and we control our country. LLRC was brought by the SLG and we will do that cos we want that. Not because u want it. LLRC will be done, if not by MR even by a future gov.

3. The reality is man, Indian politics do not work the way u want it. :D do u think SL has no cooperation with Indian gov? do u think when Modi or UPA get power GOI would suddenly turn into pro tamil? India cannot do any tasks that are impossible how many crybabies in TN die. It is simply because it is impossible. There are many things in foreign affairs that u don’t understand. How many ppl of u die in TN streets u cant prove a genocide in SL, simple because there was none. U cant prove any non existing thing. Also u don’t have any leverage. We are the ones on the ground. I knw many of u cry for india to do a Bangladesh in SL, but many things have happened then and time has passed by. The world is different now.
Whatever said and done, tamils are better off now in SL than they were 5 yrs ago. These are facts.
Why do u often say Indian tamils aka Indians ? To make urself believe in that?
After all any force by any external party would causea big blood bath. You don’t want any reconciliation in SL or development of lives of tamils here. U want to separate our country and we are fully capable to defend it cos what u suggest is a foreign invasion.
As u hardly know abt east timor, let me educate u. :D
i. East-Timor’s ground for referendum -
• The referendum for East – Timor was requested from the UN, by the Indonesian President and Head of State, Bacharuddin Jusuf Habibie in January 1999, after he replaced General Suharto in 1997 and NOT by East Timoreans or their powerful political group, “Fretilin”.
• The request for the referendum by Habibie came during his re democratising programme in post Suharto Indonesia.
• President Habibie publicly accepted that it was not economically beneficial and profitable for Indonesia to hold on to East Timor
• A large part of East Timor including its highlands was under Fretilin and controlled by them in 1999, when Habibie invited the UN to hold a referendum for East Timor.
• Since declaring East Timor an independent State in November 1975, Fretilin went ahead in establishing a de facto government within East Timor, with an organisational structure put in place for implementing its social development programmes in all areas under their control.
• Fretilin was therefore recognised as the legitimate political representation in East Timor, that would effectively campaign for the referendum, mobilising people to vote and stand with the people against all violations.

I love to see people using smilies to hide their frustration. You think SL can influence Indians more than the Indians themselves, I have no more words to say on that.

Just see the drift of your position. A year or two back your guys were giving no hoot to Indians and were taking the word China for each and everything. Your people were mocking at left and right at the Indians including the rest of Indians. Some Lankans were swearing that India did not even have 1% contribution in the defeat of LTTE.

After a couple of resolutions at UNHRC suddenly suddenly your find new friends in rest of India and acknowledge the India's contribution in the defeat of LTTE, your ambassador suddenly finds ancient connections with the rest of Indians, etc. etc. etc.

Time will answer what you will be forced to acknowledge next.

question to srilankans
wat is the language spoken by slankan moor muslims?i heard it is tamil with arab loan words.is tht true?if so do they identify themselves as tamils more than muslims?

tamils should first identify themselves as fellow indians,then hindus and afterwards whatever they want.muslims especially and christians to some extent dont have any affinity for their fellow linguistic groups.if

question to srilankans
wat is the language spoken by slankan moor muslims?i heard it is tamil with arab loan words.is tht true?if so do they identify themselves as tamils more than muslims?

Yes there language is Tamil mixed with Urdu and Arabic.

No they do not identify themselves as Tamils. They consider themselves to be a separate ethnicity.

Why you say that? What are your evidence? If your hypothesis is based on TNA you are mistaken. Let's see how Jaffna fisherman vote in the upcoming election.

LLRC recommendations are not a must do regulation. SLG will fulfill the recommendation that are not threatening the national security and sovereignty. Others will be discarded.

No government is bind by any law to fulfill recommendations of some government appointed commission.

If Indian Tamils are Indians then take them back. I wonder how many would like to go back.

I think before SLG could do any more blunders a new Indian government will be elected.

I think India should think about how to separate TN.

Yes there language is Tamil mixed with Urdu and Arabic.

No they do not identify themselves as Tamils. They consider themselves to be a separate ethnicity.

that is my point.muslims never mingle easily with non muslims.
I think these were the same ppl who were kicked out from their homes by ltte for their clandestine acts.anyway tamils in srilanka are not homogenous group like majority hindu tamils in india.there is no point in supporting christian and muslim tamils

let christians and muslims also say tht they are tamils first and then whatever they are.then we can think abt supporting them.

I hv written to modi, guju ipl is coming.......modi is pro sri lanka, he has invited these tourists from them to visit guj.

Back
Top Bottom