What's new

Sri Lanka Trip Report By American Visitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't your mother teach you, If you have nothing nice to say its better to not say anything at all.

You can attack my argument, but the personal attack is uncalled for.

Especially given the fact that I'm not arguing anything, I'm simply pasting a trip report.

Lolz
Okay then, enjoy your weekend!

@airpower183 Muchung why the hate?

So it looks like until 2006 India had better infra than SL.

Wah, double wah, UPA.

Ok you won in ports but we won in airports.

For now lol I'll give you that.

BIA is going through massive upgrade.

And New Mattala Rajapaska International Airport opened less than a year ago Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport

Once these are taken into account in up coming reports, we'll give you a run for your money.

@airpower183 Muchung why the hate?

So it looks like until 2006 India had better infra than SL.

Wah, double wah, UPA.

Not hating anyone machan, expect maybe skyline.

He was the one that said mean things to me, I didn't say anything to him.

For now lol I'll give you that.

BIA is going through massive upgrade.

And New Mattala Rajapaska International Airport opened less than a year ago Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport

Once these are taken into account in up coming reports, we'll give you a run for your money.

Not hating anyone machan, expect maybe skyline.

He was the one that said mean things to me, I didn't say anything to him.

IDK if the people on this forum are aware.

But the borders between SL and India are very open. People go and come every day. My best friend stopped over for a few days in Bangalore before coming back to Perth, brought me back a few things.

For all intents and purposes India and SL are as close as New Zealand and Australia.

just the city of delhi beats sri lanka in infrastructure.
But we are talking about OVERALL infrastructure,Sri Lanka beats us because its a small country compared to India........
Lets see the rankings after 2020.

just the city of delhi beats sri lanka in infrastructure.
pipe-dream.jpg

LOL didn't you read the comments by your fellow indians on tweeter, i posted a pic on the first post. I'll write if your too lazy.

"absolutely Impressed with Colombo..very clean, efficient friendly people. They can be Singapore next decade. New Delhi is filthy shanty in comparison.
"

pipe-dream.jpg

LOL didn't you read the comments by your fellow indians on tweeter, i posted a pic on the first post. I'll write if your too lazy.
"absolutely Impressed with Colombo..very clean, efficient friendly people. They can be Singapore next decade. New Delhi is filthy shanty in comparison. "
He was talking about infrastructure of Delhi and not cleanliness actually.

For all intents and purposes India and SL are as close as New Zealand and Australia.

Srilanka may not think the same, after experiencing Indian terrorism.
However, those Tamil Tigers, who took refuge abroad are friendly to Indians.

It was hard for me not to draw parallels between Sri Lanka and India, what with the proximity of the two countries, not to mention their common-ish ethnic, linguistic and religious ties. But my comparison was shattered almost immediately upon arrival at Colombo’s Bandaranayake international Airport earlier this week.
Sri-Lanka-1.jpg

Dog-Tuk-Tuk.jpg

Indeed, after resting up at my guest house in Colombo 4 – Colombo is divided into 14 numbered districts, not unlike Paris – I set out early to explore the city. I found myself continually amazed by just how progressive Colombo is, given that it is the capital of a country only recently free from the throes of civil war.
Preserving the local environment, for example, is high on the agenda of the Sri Lankan government. Officials have built cages arounds even the smallest of trees that sprout up in the city, and penalties for cutting down trees – even those on your own property – can include imprisonment.

Sri-Lanka-Tree.jpg

Sri Lankan environmental welfare extends to animals as well: The Colombo city government is in the process of rounding up, fixing and vaccinating stray dogs and cats.
And it’s not just a top-down approach. While en route to the Sri Lanka National Museum, itself home to a tree nearly as wide as the museum building, I came upon a demonstration of local school boys, advocating for a waste-segregation recycling scheme. Contrast this to nearby countries – again, India springs to mind – where even one-size-fits-all trash cans are absent in most places.

Environment-March.jpg

Colombo has even constructed dedicated bike lines which, although not currently in very heavy use, provide an alluring alternative to the traditional car, bus and auto-rickshaw tuk-tuk that congests the city’s streets.
This is not to say Colombo is a perfect city, or completely free from the kinds of grit, grime and disorganization that plaque many of the other metropolises in the region.

Cycle-Lane.jpg

They have pavement. Actual pavement. With 'blind-man bumps' and everything. Pedestrian crossings and traffic lights

IMG_0733.jpg

Colombo train station have digital boards!
IMG_0847.JPG

The Sky Lounge at the Kingsbury Hotel on Galle Road. Yes, you read that right... Sky Lounge
IMG_0856.JPG

India has a long way to go catch up to Sri lanka in infrastructure.
IMG_0863.JPG

How are these any different from India?

I heard the Golden Quadrilateral was the most dangerous potholed road on the planet.

You heard wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom