What's new

Sri Lanka to buy overhauled SU-30MKI

that awful chinese jf 17s which even their air force dont use vs supermanoeuvreable thrust vectoring Su 30? seriously? its like pitching a Mig 21 against the MKI. have you ever seen a sukhoi manoeuvering? this should open you eye

Ok now where do I start...
First of all the Sri Lankan air Force requirements is for fighter bomber not a circus stunt aerobatic performers most of which are largely irrelevant in BVR combat

Secondly the if the MKI is such a super manauverable aircraft why don't the Surya Kiran fly it? Why do they use Hawks? Reason Hawks are cheaper than the MKIs

Lastly MKI itself has been a maintenance nightmare for the IAF. How do you think Sri Lanka will fare?

Last edited:
by Nilantha Ilangamuwa

srilanka should by yak130

Yak-130_-_FIA_2012.jpg

???? get with the times

How can I get with the times about something that happened 21years ago... Lol

lol it like i am arguing with a two year old not worth my time but still, their is a difference between combat manoevres and circus stunts, the thrust vectoring mki doesnt need to go all the way around you to get on your six.

secondlly, surya kiran is a acrobatic team and hawks are used for training purposes and not warfighting.

thirdly, go watch cartoons for now and come back when your iq improves a little bit.
Your the one selling an aircraft based on aerobatic stunts rather than it's actual requirement in the Sri Lankan Air Force. OK high IQ genius how do you think the Su 30 will meet the requirements of the Sri Lankan air force? They have so far no need for super manauverble white elephant

If you have a love affair with the Su 30 does not mean everyone else does do too

I suggest you watch some real circus stunts and see how well the acrobats perform against the aerobatics of the Su30 :lol:
thirdly, go watch cartoons for now and come back when your iq improves a little bit
Is that how you have been trying to improve your IQ?

lol it like i am arguing with a two year old not worth my time but still, their is a difference between combat manoevres and circus stunts, the thrust vectoring mki doesnt need to go all the way around you to get on your six.

secondlly, surya kiran is a acrobatic team and hawks are used for training purposes and not warfighting.

thirdly, go watch cartoons for now and come back when your iq improves a little bit.

Sri Lanka is a island nation why would it need a maintenance heavy, expensive to fly, twin engine fighter, that two a second hand one which has been poorly maintained in india over its user life.

Its obvious why they wouldn't want the Tejas, its a turd. Im sure they must have thrown up their cornflakes when you suggested it

They need a good multi role fighter from a friendly nation with numerous options

After Myanmar and Nigeria they were supposed to be our 3rd export order and on their part it would be a good sensible choice for their nation and threats
Before dehuti aurat india and her butt ache and tears got in the way

Now Azerbaijan has reportedly agreed terms to buy and will be 3rd export order

This shameless bullying of neighbours by india is pathetic

its sri lankans who are buying its for them to decide whether they need such offensive capability or not and not you or us. again, go watch cartoon network:D
I am not the one hard selling the JF17 as opposed to you guys who are selling the Su 30 on a mere circus stunts.

And cartoon network has just dumbed you down

How can I get with the times about something that happened 21years ago... Lol

Your the one selling an aircraft based on aerobatic stunts rather than it's actual requirement in the Sri Lankan Air Force. OK high IQ genius how do you think the Su 30 will meet the requirements of the Sri Lankan air force? They have so far no need for super manauverble white elephant

If you have a love affair with the Su 30 does not mean everyone else does do too

I suggest you watch some real circus stunts and see how well the acrobats perform against the aerobatics of the Su30 :lol:

Is that how you have been trying to improve your IQ?

:laughcry::laughcry::laughcry:

Please don't lecture on what the SLAF requirements are !!.. as you are making a fool of yourself

I am not the one hard selling the JF17 as opposed to you guys who are selling the Su 30 on a mere circus stunts.

And cartoon network has just dumbed you down

Another BS post

Where is it mentioned that INDIA is making the sale !!??? .... damn you low IQ is showing!

Sri Lanka is a island nation why would it need a maintenance heavy, expensive to fly, twin engine fighter, that two a second hand one which has been poorly maintained in india over its user life.

Its obvious why they wouldn't want the Tejas, its a turd. Im sure they must have thrown up their cornflakes when you suggested it

They need a good multi role fighter from a friendly nation with numerous options

After Myanmar and Nigeria they were supposed to be our 3rd export order and on their part it would be a good sensible choice for their nation and threats
Before dehuti aurat india and her butt ache and tears got in the way

Now Azerbaijan has reportedly agreed terms to buy and will be 3rd export order

This shameless bullying of neighbours by india is pathetic
and here people - we have found the 'missing link'

Another BS post

Where is it mentioned that INDIA is making the sale !!??? .... damn you low IQ is showing!

Sri Lanka was a long way down to choosing the JF17s

It was a simple straightforward choice and fit for sri lankan needs

Simple!

But then inja hears of it, then through your tears, jealousy, arm twisting your trying to force sri lanka into buying second hand unnecessary junk that they dont need

:laughcry::laughcry::laughcry:

Please don't lecture on what the SLAF requirements are !!.. as you are making a fool of yourself
OK...Why would the Sri Lankan Air Force need a long range fighter now? They have never operated one in the past? Why have their requirements changed?

Another BS post

I was merely replying to your friend @Winter Soldier who is now in the Cooler. He was the one hell bent on selling the MKI which too is not mentioned in the article

Sri Lanka was a long way down to choosing the JF17s

It was a simple straightforward choice and fit for sri lankan needs

Simple!

But then inja hears of it, then through your tears, jealousy, arm twisting your trying to force sri lanka into buying second hand unnecessary junk that they dont need
and the missing link speaks

You are damn funny - thank you for the laughs

Get the Facts correct !!!..Those Second hand frames Don't belong to India !! They are Russian Frame - and Still they are far better than the JF17

I believe the Pakistani offer also included ex PAF F7s. The Sri Lankan pilots could gain experience from the F7s before moving on to JF17s

We already have F-7s and their capabilities are limited in a modern combat situations. Sri Lanka need a dedicated multi role fighter platform.

OK...Why would the Sri Lankan need a long range fighter now? They have never operated one in the past? Why have their requirements changed?

I was merely replying to your friend @Winter Soldier who is now in the Cooler. He was the one hell bent on selling the MKI which too is not mentioned in the article
The BS comments continues !!!! at least you are consistent

@wintersoldier isn't hell bent on selling the MKI - he is merely reply to your silly post #12 of having a mock flight of JF17 vs Su30 ... which is damn funny again!

Second - why long range fighter - that is something only the SLAF can answer and just because they haven't operated one doesn't mean they can't

The BS comments continues !!!! at least you are consistent

@wintersoldier isn't hell bent on selling the MKI - he is merely reply to your silly post #12 of having a mock flight of JF17 vs Su30 ... which is damn funny again!

Second - why long range fighter - that is something only the SLAF can answer and just because they haven't operated one doesn't mean they can't

Why would they need a twin engined, heavy maintenance, second hand fighter over a multi role fighter?

The safest bet would be to upgrade the Kfirs as the Israelis offer a very capable and significantly improved systems suite and get some of the retired MiG 27s from India to keep it's MiG-27 fleet up and running.

Kfirs had already expanded their useful flying hours when it was initially purchased by the SLAF back in mid 1990s. The air frames have witnessed more than expected service life and electronic and engine upgrade won't make them more airworthy and effective.

As of the MiG 27s. They are mostly ground attack air crafts with smaller radars unsuitable for air defense duties as other contemporary platforms. SLAF is planning to move ahead with the new purchase and I don't think that they are interested in the models they already own.

There is no hostility towards sri Lanka whatsoever from Pakistan, sri lanka should do whats in its interest and budget

but being strong armed by India sets a bad precedence and puts sri Lanka on a slippery slope

Its hilarious how India tried to give free tejas's to sri lanka to try and stop them from buying JF 17s and the sri lankans had to come up with excuses to refuse that indian lemon

It's the bullying tactics of India. They fear JF-17 would go on to become a successful aircraft over their own products. Anyhow, we need to wait until few more years until the new government headed by Gotabhaya Rajapaksha comes into office to see how India bully Sri Lanka over.

The reporter is an idiot.
SLAF won't be getting MKIs as no Indian Air Force Su-30 MKI aircraft have been retired.
The author messed up the names of the Ex IAF Su-30Ks as MKIs.
And it is the HAL Tejas not Theja, using google would help avoid such goof ups.
Some pictures of the birds when it was with the IAF:

Su-30d.jpg

Su-30q.jpg

Su-30a.jpg
make it strait :partay:bharat rakshak ko bolo real pics use kary rotate kerna humy bhi ata hai

SB 004 banks nearly 180º to reveal its awesome weapon load of four R-27RE1 and six R-73RDM2 air-to-air missiles

Su-30d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom