What's new

Sri Lanka to buy overhauled SU-30MKI

Why would they need a twin engined, heavy maintenance, second hand fighter over a multi role fighter?
Again How the heck would anyone of us know ??? Only the SLAF will decide what are they requirements!!

Second - India has nothing to do with these Second hand frames and the Reporter of the making a fool of himself and mixing the variants

Third - just because the SLAF haven't operated a Twin engine frames doesn't mean they can't

The picture is correct

This frame was flying inverted!

Again How the heck would anyone of us know ??? Only the SLAF will decide what are they requirements!!

Second - India has nothing to do with these Second hand frames and the Reporter of the making a fool of himself and mixing the variants

Third - just because the SLAF haven't operated a Twin engine frames doesn't mean they can't

The picture is correct

This frame was flying inverted!

But the twin engines makes maintenance a costly affair. I don't think SLAF is interested in costly and heavy fighter which gives no effective RTI to SLAF, unless of course political string pulling which makes SLAF buy the monstrosity in the end.

@wintersoldier isn't hell bent on selling the MKI - he is merely reply to your silly post #12 of having a mock flight of JF17 vs Su30 ... which is damn funny again!
Well if your so confident of the Su 30 then you have nothing to lose. Or is it your ego will be bruised even if the JF17 comes out victorious even once?

Second - why long range fighter - that is something only the SLAF can answer and
No one is doubting the Sri Lankan air force. Just questioning why should they when cheaper alternatives are available even from India

But the twin engines makes maintenance a costly affair. I don't think SLAF is interested in costly and heavy fighter which gives no effective RTI to SLAF, unless of course political string pulling which makes SLAF buy the monstrosity in the end.
Again - That is something for your nation and the SLAF to decided - yes or no?

All this debate is based on an article written by a reporter who is clueless about aircraft types and variants and looks like was under-pressure to submit something to just keep his job!

Unless you have an official RFI from the SLAF - only then we can have a meaningful debate

Well if your so confident of the Su 30 then you have nothing to lose. Or is it your ego will be bruised even if the JF17 comes out victorious even once?

No one is doubting the Sri Lankan air force. Just questioning why should they when cheaper alternatives are available even from India

Like i said before - consistent!:drag:

The reporter is an idiot.
SLAF won't be getting MKIs as no Indian Air Force Su-30 MKI aircraft have been retired.
The author messed up the names of the Ex IAF Su-30Ks as MKIs.
And it is the HAL Tejas not Theja, using google would help avoid such goof ups.
Some pictures of the birds when it was with the IAF:

Su-30d.jpg

Su-30q.jpg

Su-30a.jpg
How diffrent is mki from k version?

that awful chinese jf 17s which even their air force dont use vs supermanoeuvreable thrust vectoring Su 30? seriously? its like pitching a Mig 21 against the MKI. have you ever seen a sukhoi manoeuvering? this should open you eye

Unlike India, we don't have to waste all our energy on a plane. China is the world's TOP 3 arms exporter. A complete industrial system.

If you don't understand. Try to see this.

In simple terms, when Chinese J-6 and type 59 tanks were at the Uganda-Tanzania war. India LCA and Arjun tank does not even exist. when China's J-7 and type 69 tank were at the Iran-Iraq war. India LCA and Arjun tank is just a paper. Still not simple enough? OK, a direct contrast....

India' LCA VS China' Q5, J-6, J-7, J-8, J-10, J-10B, J-10C, J-11, J-11B, J-15, J-16, J-20, J-31, JH-7, K-8, L-15, Y-5, Y-6, Y-7, Y-8, Y-20, H-6,H-6K, KJ-2000, KJ-500, Gaoxin 6, AG-600, C919....Some small production planes or transition models are not on the list. Oh, So sorry, I almost forgot, and JF-17.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/the-real-gap-between-china-and-india.505673/

So JF-17 is just one type in china. We have more main fighters... This is different from an agricultural country that cannot even make cannon.

@Guardian @REDPïXëL

Unlike India, we don't have to waste all our energy on a plane. China is the world's TOP 3 arms exporter. A complete industrial system.

If you don't understand. Try to see this.

In simple terms, when Chinese J-6 and type 59 tanks were at the Uganda-Tanzania war. India LCA and Arjun tank does not even exist. when China's J-7 and type 69 tank were at the Iran-Iraq war. India LCA and Arjun tank is just a paper. Still not simple enough? OK, a direct contrast....

India' LCA VS China' Q5, J-6, J-7, J-8, J-10, J-10B, J-10C, J-11, J-11B, J-15, J-16, J-20, J-31, JH-7, K-8, L-15, Y-5, Y-6, Y-7, Y-8, Y-20, H-6,H-6K, KJ-2000, KJ-500, Gaoxin 6, AG-600, C919....Some small production planes or transition models are not on the list. Oh, So sorry, I almost forgot, and JF-17.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/the-real-gap-between-china-and-india.505673/

So JF-17 is just one type in china. We have more main fighters... This is different from an agricultural country that cannot even make cannon.

@Guardian @REDPïXëL
Looks like you are the other part of the "missing link"!!!

Are you part of the SLAF??? Do you know the requirements??? or have you read the RFI if any that was released??!!!

Have you read the OP or just like to make silly comments for the fun of it!!? (Im pretty sure it is the latter)

I really don't care how many planes you make as this is nothing to do with India - it is nation of Sri Lanka and her AF that will make the decision of which aircraft is best suited

Looks like you are the other part of the "missing link"!!!

Are you part of the SLAF??? Do you know the requirements??? or have you read the RFI if any that was released??!!!

Have you read the OP or just like to make silly comments for the fun of it!!? (Im pretty sure it is the latter)

I really don't care how many planes you make as this is nothing to do with India - it is nation of Sri Lanka and her AF that will make the decision of which aircraft is best suited
So I mean JF-17 is better for SL, because it's part of China's complete industry.

Back
Top Bottom